Mixed Martial Arts & Combat Sports

beautiful write up

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/the-ecstasy-and-agony-of-robbie-lawler-ve...

also fedor to return to fighting say wut

FEDOR!!!

Fedor vs crocop pl0x

I'll sell my organs for those tickets. unfff.

Starting a thai muay kickboxing class today after work, super excited
you mean muay thai, but cool man! mt is the most practical of the popular pure standing martial arts as it involves quite a bit of clinching and throws.

you mean muay thai, but cool man! mt is the most practical of the popular pure standing martial arts as it involves quite a bit of clinching and throws.

Agreed. Good for you Grif. That's some hardcore shit. Work on conditioning your shins. You're gonna need it.

Yeah so apparently getting punched in the face isn't all it's cracked up to be 
yeah it's rather uncomfortable
You can learn to like it. Reaching that point won't be fun.
Ive never liked it, you just like the game enough to see it as part of it. Taking as little damage possible while hurting the other guy. it can give you that focus and determination sometimes but mostly i just find it painful. Then again im sparring light heavy and heavyweights when i do.
I am surprised you got punched in the face that soon into your training. A lot of Muay Thai instructors won't let you spar until you've done technique for several weeks - months. You still doing it?
I used to do Muay Thai for about a year and a half. Taking all the supplements and whatnot and I ended up going from 135 to 160 lbs. Then I broke my hand and just kind of quit, losing all of the progress I worked for. Been verrry unproductive since. This guy at my current job lives for MMA and has an amateur record of 3-0. He kept subtly guilt tripping me into getting back into shape and into MMA and it finally worked. He is kind of acting as my personal trainer in a way which is good because he has been pushing me a lot further than I would have pushed myself. He is working with this other guy who used to work with us as well and he wants us both to train with him for 2-3 months then fight each other. Glad he agreed because I need a little more excitement in my life. So anxious for it to happen.
sounds cool man, damn 135 eh? Im 225 and I sometimes feel weak compared to some of those little monsters who've been doing shit for 10 years. have fun getting tossed around for a bit until you get back into thing. Im only just starting back up getting into real shape, had some dojo time just to keep me motivated to do my fysio shit but cant get near serious training yet. 
Yeah my metabolism is pretty hard to fight. Always have been ridiculously skinny. When I started 2 weeks ago I was 6'0 138 and am currently at 145. Even though the guy I am fighting is 170 the ground is pretty even imo because he has no martial arts experience prior to training with us. Gherrie is a good teacher though and if this guy sticks to his training he will be pretty well rounded by October. So it should be interesting. I would like to think I can get at least 160 by then, but we will see.
Just eat and sleep well, get those carbs and proteins in right after destoroying yourself and get that caseine in before bedtime with shit like cotage cheese. I bulked up to a fit 235 real quick from 205 in like 3 months by having a rediculously tight eating schedule. Im skinny build too, or well just freak tree tall

Hi Smite,

I forgot to mention I ended up doing straight up boxing the place I go has some muay thai but I think i'll try that once I get the mechanics of boxing down.

but yeah my one question was do you guys wear contacts while sparring?  Mine seem to fall out when I get hit 

Yeah I have been sticking to a semi strict eating routine and have managed to finally stretch my stomach to where I crave the massive amounts of foods and shakes I take in. Before I was feeling sick from eating and drinking so much. So i'm pretty happy I am passed that at this point. 

@Grif  Hi I haven't had glasses or contacts so I wouldn't know. You may find some useful information in this thread depending on how dedicated you are. 

dont wear contacts but have seen people take em out before training
Yeah depending on how good your vision is that could be the answer.

Matthews looked nice today, Arreola got punished. 

On another note, UFC is in my city and i'm sitting at home watching a livestream. Damn son

HOOOOOOOOLLY SHIT

Love the desperation in this pic. I'm sick and tired of Ronda's ego and double standards, so I'm delighted she got knocked the fuck out. 

Melbourne is now the largest crowd ever assembled for a UFC fight. Congrats to Holly. She shocked the world,
That feeling when Conor McGregor comes through like a legend and makes me look like Nostradamus. Fucking amazing. I'm on cloud 9.
you don't look like nostradamus but a fucking moron when you make these posts
I love you too, son.
sbeen a great year
Yeah it has. Bit late but that overeem  left hook on  dos santos was clean as fuck
Indeed, Overeems strikes are a thing of beauty. Its when he gets rushed and just covers up that I start screaming.

HOLY WHAT

not really into this stuff but i did like watching the diaz brothers fight when i was in hs. no idea how mcgregor was favored so heavily. i would have made a lot of money off of that match if i had known about it ahead of time
slightly regret not putting a bet on nate now. in hindsight, it's a complete no brainer. i bet on aldo beating conor though, so i didn't feel like underestimating him again.
Dana saying that Nate Diaz - Robbie Lawler makes sense... That would be such bullshit. Next I want to see Nate against Eddie Alvarez, or the loser of Khabib - Ferguson. That makes much more sense to me. 
yeah nate is much better at 155, lawler would likely juggernaut him if condit couldnt even finish. Great night of upsets, was rooting for Tate and Diaz.
Are you going to the event in Rotterdam? Two heavyweights fighting at home should create some excitement in the crowd.