Mixed Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Being coked up during a title fight shows that you're not in control anymore, and likely capable of doing other stupid shit. But I was not expecting that hit and run, cos that is just a MAJOR fuckup. If the court system is somewhat functioning correctly, he will have to do time in jail. I bet fellow prisoners will stand in line to fight him. 

Anyone else hoping Aldo beats Conor? Conor is my dude but I really hope he gets beat so he doesn't get carried away in his hype and i'm thinking it'd be better for his career long term. Probably just shitty logic though
Not that big of a deal for me who's going to win. A spectacular fight is what I'm hoping for. But it would've been cool to see Aldo make Conor wobbly with some nasty leg kicks, and it should be interesting  to see the ground game of McGregor if Aldo takes him down. The most surprising outcome of this fight would have to be Conor winning by armbar. Haha, so that is what I'm hoping for! 

If you havent seen it Mighty Mouse did a fun little breakdown of the McJose matchup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktpklwKpLA

from 7 minutes onwards or something

Also Robin Black usually does very clever breakdowns, this week he's done a little twist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLf4ytuF2c

If you havent seen it Mighty Mouse did a fun little breakdown of the McJose matchup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktpklwKpLA

from 7 minutes onwards or something

Also Robin Black usually does very clever breakdowns, this week he's done a little twist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLf4ytuF2c

Haha, that Robin Black breakdown was great! He should do a series of these. I don't regret much, but I wish I had seen Henderson beating Fedor live...

also Joanna still boss level

also 

lmao @ Fabricio's troll face. Missed the card because i'm on vacation in Colombia. Gotta check it out. I was rooting for Joanna. yay. :>

I don't know what caused Cain's injury. But this can't be good for the knees. What a fucking beast tho!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAgFHS8HOLY

Theres been some questions about cains lifting style from knowledgeable folks, it doesnt look very healthy. Also this Aldo rib injury thing has me all fucked up
Man, if Aldo didn't show... 

romero looked scary quick, co-main was cool as well.

all aboard the 189 hype train, cant wait for the features now. I'm open to the mcgreggor talk now the fight is around the corner.

I'm hoping it's just a silly media play from the UFC or the Aldo camp. But I guess it seems legit. I would be so bummed out if he didn't show. 

Romero looks devastating. Jacara - Romero should be a super match-up, if one of them doesn't go directly to meet Weidman. Definitely two of the most impressive fighters in the UFC,  in regards to athleticism and strength. Rockhold has been impressing in his last matches, but I don't think he will take Weidman's belt. 

All that hype tho...

Imagine if Mendes won... Oh, shit!

I'm a McGregor fan, but he doesn't deserve an interim belt for beating Mendes. Aldo's out for a few months and they want to make interim titles. How much faith do they have in their champions?

yeah it's weird, it honestly might just be so they can keep it the main event.

Whole situation is weird, but I can't say Im not excited for Mendes McGreggor. Even on a week+ notice Mendes is a fucking beast.

Mendes is a dead man walking.

I'm going with Mendes, bring it boyo. 

I'll throw him a few inches of my height. 

Conor is lucky the IV ban is postponed, dude looked scary weak at weigh ins.

does anyone here know a good stream for 189?
I got friends coming over tomorrow, but we usually have a hard timing finding good streams for UFC & this time I want to be prepared haha

I'll PM you.
The night of all nights. Can't fucking wait! :D

HOLY SHIT JEREMY STEPHENS! tonight is fucking insane!!!

Gunnar Nelson won just as I predicted. Felt so good for the Immortal Matt Brown. Ugh. I love this sport!

Didn't look too good for McGregor most of the two rounds
Same shit happened to Aldo but worse against the same guy. Let's not forget when Mark Hominick almost pummeled him into the mat. Nobody should be surprised an national wrestling champ held a guy down for a while. He was outclassed on the feet. Keep in mind, Conor trained for a striker vs striker matchup. The moment he got off the ground it was short work. That was basically one round if you consider all the times he was styling on him when they stood up. The hype is real. Time for me to change my avatar. Joyous day in the Smuttny household. :)

god damn that was a beautiful night of fights

the picket almeida fight had me shadow boxing in front of my tv, then the bermudez fight holy motherfucking what the fucking holy

then my boy rory gave robbie the war he needed to go into god of war level 3, that 4th to 5th round corner cam of lawler was fucking amazing, that dude loves this shit like none other. The pain rory was feeling that his system just cancelled on him, cant even imagine.

I feel mendes couldve had it if he respected connors striking a bit more movement wise, he didnt look as much on his bicycle as usual. He got winded, question is how much due to conors body trikes or the short camp. But props to conor, he took the opportunities to get up and he was very effective with his stikes. Also his chin is no joke, mendes is a beast power puncher and he landed both on the feet and on the ground.  wasnt impressed with his striking defense tho, little head movement. if he moves up in weight hell have problems.

I fucking love this game

also on the early prelims there was a fight Seery vs Smolka, very fun back and forth grappling fight

how can you give a fuck about tennis when there's shit like this

That sportsmanship was real nice

Missed the other fights while being with the fam, heard it was stellar

^ Rory is a friggin demon. what a fight.

Saw the Wonderboy spinning hook kick finish of Ellenberger. Holy balllllls.

yeah, that sequence from the first one he landed was beautiful, his all around game looked much improved