The Halo Forum > Previous Halo titles > Halo 3
Closed Thread

Display Modes Thread Tools
In Viscosity's Backpack
Subtract from BoomerMcnasty's ReputationAdd to BoomerMcnasty's Reputation BoomerMcnasty is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BoomerMcnasty
01-27-2008

the reason its so easy is so that fags dont have to get creative and mod and cheat- its easy and you wont get banned- enjoy your general you scrub
I Shoot I score.
You shoot I score.
-Dan Gable
HI MATTIZ!!!

Level 26
Subtract from xxjuicesxx's ReputationAdd to xxjuicesxx's Reputation xxjuicesxx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xxjuicesxx
01-28-2008

Yea I think Bungie purposely made it easy to get really high ranks so people wont cheat as much. Sure people will still do it just to fuck things up but the people who do it to get a 50 and don't get caught will still cheat a lot less people out of their games because they will hit 50 quicker.

But still with that method you actually do have to win games against higher ranked players so you cant be terrible terrible...ya know? You have to have SOME skill.
F/R me if you want.

H3Customs - AIM Chatroom, for all your custom game needs
StaR XiM
Subtract from i RuN E's ReputationAdd to i RuN E's Reputation i RuN E is a novice
Send a message via AIM to i RuN E
01-28-2008

I love how you tell us you know the secret but you have no proof.

StaR XiM=Acuate=XiM Productions
Level 26
Subtract from xxjuicesxx's ReputationAdd to xxjuicesxx's Reputation xxjuicesxx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xxjuicesxx
01-28-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by i RuN E View Post
I love how you tell us you know the secret but you have no proof.
He posted it in another thread but it got Locked. It seems legit. Would explain why sometimes I jump 3 levels and others I just jump 1 after a win. I never have paid attention to Amount of EXP.

You should post this on Bungie forums so Bungie learns about this and see if they decide to do something about it.
F/R me if you want.

H3Customs - AIM Chatroom, for all your custom game needs
Level 17
Subtract from ReTrO OrTeR's ReputationAdd to ReTrO OrTeR's Reputation ReTrO OrTeR is a novice
01-28-2008

who cares jus keep playing mm and when u get paired up wit noobs at lvl 50 pwn em
Level 28
Subtract from Killzilla X's ReputationAdd to Killzilla X's Reputation Killzilla X is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Killzilla X
01-28-2008

Wow I really don't know what to say about this. Bungie won't reset the ranks. In Halo 2 it was necessary to reset the ranks because of the cheating that was rampant which polluted the game. There is no real way to cheat in Halo 3- boosting is considered cheating, but it still takes an amount of skill to beat level 48s, 49s, 50s etc. Bungie should ban people for boosting or for promoting boosting, but shouldn't rob some people who actually got their level legit- by actually being good at the game.
And to the guy that said they should reset the level, but not the EXP- that would mess up the way MM works in the first place, see, Bungie identifies you by the amount of EXP you have in correspondence to your level (if you have 3 EXP- the MM system assumes you've only won three games and will match you with people of the same degree of skill). If a General Grade 2 has 1400 EXP, and gets his level reset, he will have 1400 EXP and will end up playing with kids who are new to the game- which is absolutely unfair. Bungie intended Halo 3's MM to more fair, to reset the ranks would completely defeat the purpose of this.

Level 11
Subtract from kajuh's ReputationAdd to kajuh's Reputation kajuh is a novice
Send a message via AIM to kajuh
01-28-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milerliteweight View Post
It never meant anything to begin with...

-Miller

Miller is so wise! teach me your ways!
Shoot to Kill
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
01-28-2008

Basically Bungie and matachmaking are fu.ked
Level 28
Subtract from TxS Terminator's ReputationAdd to TxS Terminator's Reputation TxS Terminator is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TxS Terminator
01-28-2008

i love how all these kids are like, its easy to reach a 50 on your own and who cares about rank. Then they ask, what your method is.

Lol
gt- iTz FkN VeXXuM

Level 10
Subtract from xXPUnKTacularXx's ReputationAdd to xXPUnKTacularXx's Reputation xXPUnKTacularXx is a novice
01-28-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzilla X View Post
And to the guy that said they should reset the level, but not the EXP- that would mess up the way MM works in the first place, see, Bungie identifies you by the amount of EXP you have in correspondence to your level (if you have 3 EXP- the MM system assumes you've only won three games and will match you with people of the same degree of skill). If a General Grade 2 has 1400 EXP, and gets his level reset, he will have 1400 EXP and will end up playing with kids who are new to the game- which is absolutely unfair. Bungie intended Halo 3's MM to more fair, to reset the ranks would completely defeat the purpose of this.

that was me, and no i think that you are wrong and somewhat right.

when matchmaking searches for other people to play with in say TS, it looks for other teams in your level range, im 46, it looks for 44-48

but it also goes further and seperates by rank say in FFA, i am always getting paired with 35s and 50s as a level 44 in lone wolves, but i noticed that even the lvl 35 and the lvl 50 are my same rank.

in short in searchs for level and rank coordination, to keep the skill balanced, and you can also press X in the lobby and set preferencs to Similar Skill Level

Closed Thread