Post a Montage Thread 2.0

You're so idiotic it's hilarious

At least do me a favour and explain why the parts you pointed out in your original reply are "genius" and maybe we can have an actual discussion.

I'll do this when I get home from work tbh.

itt: people throwing around the word "objective" about a matter that is completely subjective. 

anybody saying that Snipers United was overhyped is stupid as fuck. that video is one of the best edits of all times and it was not as well received as it should have been. 

look at this correct opinion

& pTw is a genius, he holds the record for amount of amazing videos. I'm not saying it's his best edit, I'm saying it's one of the best H3 edits of all time. My personal favorite tage of all time happens to be Woooly (though Snipers United may objectively be his best edit).

.EXE is loaded with fabulous effects but it's too succinct - he has way more abstract edits than this for it to be considered his best video. Not to be too critical but it's also his most generic and uninspired video to date. 

I guess Phurion doesn't count then?  Ok hahaha

Come on guys.

Some really entertaining plays here. :)

anybody saying that Snipers United was overhyped is stupid as fuck. that video is one of the best edits of all times and it was not as well received as it should have been. 

look at this correct opinion

& pTw is a genius, he holds the record for amount of amazing videos. I'm not saying it's his best edit, I'm saying it's one of the best H3 edits of all time. My personal favorite tage of all time happens to be Woooly (though Snipers United may objectively be his best edit).

.EXE is loaded with fabulous effects but it's too succinct - he has way more abstract edits than this for it to be considered his best video. Not to be too critical but it's also his most generic and uninspired video to date. 

I guess Phurion doesn't count then?  Ok hahaha

I said the word "amazing", there is a difference between "entertaining" and "amazing".  Phurion (strictly speaking h3 btw) is "entertaining" with exceptions of "amazing" but "pTw" holds the "record" " for" "amount" "of" "amazing" "videos". 

I didn't forget about u cunts I'll be back tbh

"he holds the record for amount of amazing videos."

I'm sorry but Sillygoose absolutely runs away with that contest. Sandman M1, Ol' Man Makowski, Into the Tranq, and his Blacklist edit are some of the best montages ever made. He always has great syncing and lots of creative effects and transitions, and his theatre work is completely unparalleled.

Muggsy is one of my top guys. Super consistent with his videos.
I remember I was seriously blown away by the mancannon clip in Woooly's  M1. That's all I want to say. 
AND s0r3 made some really, really nice edits when he was working with Halo

Muggsy is my favourite Halo editor. I just didn't list him over Sillygoose because, although his videos are very consistent and they're all very good, the only video which completely blew me away was his edit in the Avengers. Sillygoose always has something really cool in his videos like the intro in Into the Tranq or the transition from H3 to Reach in his Blacklist edit or the Venom thing in Ol' Man Makowski.

Still, I prefer someone like Muggsy who releases videos constantly that are all great though over editors who release a video once or twice a year. MWM M1, Cubby M1, Azooz M1, Lethul Formal H3 and Reach montages, all his own montages, etc. are all awesome and came out relatively quickly compared to other videos.

Honestly, for most editors I couldn't think of more than two videos which are just incredible. Zola has his two big videos, pTw has .exe and Woooly, Muggsy has Avengers and MWM, Sor3 has Best Man M1 and Black Box. Vidol also had some really awesome short edits like his part in Crisis, his power hour edit, and his various Snip3down trailers. His intro for Neighbor and Hysteria's dualtage was incredible too.

I'm probably just forgetting some really good videos though lol.

s0r3 was the shit. Wish I had him edit my good clips instead of "giving" him my leftovers because he was a random at the time and I was such hot shit back in 09 smfh. When he sent me this I was just like what the shit that was so sick.

I swear this was one of the first Halo/CoD tages to use this type of music. Then every freaking CoD video ever made decided to go that route.

Bestman's tage is one of my alltime favs. The buildup to that running riot was perfect.

Best Man is #3 on my list behind Str8 Rippin and Legacy. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing and the colours and effects are great too. It completely inspired my editing style and even my music taste lol.

Phurion (strictly speaking h3 btw) 

"I'll discuss an editor in a conversation about quantity while omitting a majority of his work"

​pTw has .exe and Woooly 

Invincible amongst others

Yep, there's one I forgot. Although I wasn't a huge fan of it, I can appreciate the editing, especially at that time.

In an effort to get things back on track:

Here's two montages I used to have on my ipod and watch in class every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8BgnwnwlcU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqKxWWabh6Q

Used to watch this all the time and I've been loving it recently as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8BOfp5R-pc

^ That is one of my absolute favorites. What an awesome vibe. 
Guess I'll post one as well :P Always loved Konnvict's fast paced, heavy editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH24UalI5sk

Snipers United had the best syncing in a Halo 3 montage. Not trying to be a contrarian just stating the truth.

SU is a great video but if you call that best (or even good) syncing then there's something horribly wrong with your ears. Like seriously sometimes he's 0.5 - 1 second too late/early with syncing a shot, completely disrupting the flow of the vid. 

He could've at least been consistent with the bad syncing but he wasn't even that either. The spacing/timing inbetween shots in corrolation with the song makes no sense.

Guess I'll post one as well :P Always loved Konnvict's fast paced, heavy editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH24UalI5sk 
 one of my favorite h3 vids from that era. 
cant believe some of the h2/h3 vids posted here. a lot of them I loved but hadn't seen in several years. this takes me back. 

for nostalgia's sake. this one gave me goosebumps as a kid

classic h3 vid, had great editing for it's time

best use of real life footage :)

Haha, I can imagine you were pleasantly surprised. I watched Blood, Sweat, Glory so many times back in the H3 days. He definitely brought something new to the Halo scene with that edit.  The Best Man final was really well done. But Revolver has to be my favorite among his edits. Super artsy and just a really great feel to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al83i6tWe2Y

I was a huge fan of QsK King's edits. Best of both worlds, Bradds final, Tweaks, and arrows h2 montages were just amazing to me. His fast paced over editing was so entertaining imo. He only made 1 H3 video though the extermination trailer, which was just ridiculous for its time.  One can only imagine what he could have done in h3s theater. 
I was a huge fan of QsK King's edits. Best of both worlds, Bradds final, Tweaks, and arrows h2 montages were just amazing to me. His fast paced over editing was so entertaining imo. He only made 1 H3 video though the extermination trailer, which was just ridiculous for its time.  One can only imagine what he could have done in h3s theater. 
100% agree with you. Braddd's final is underrated as fuck. I remember watching his Sony Vegas 6 tutortial back in the day. That's how I first learned to edit.
Same. First tutorial I watched :)

Good to know that people are "stupid as fuck" for disagreeing with your opinion Rhis. It's overhyped, nuff said. The fact that we're even talking about it this much sickens me.

I mean, I don't remember you being active when that tage was posted. in the rings of montagers at the time it was not well received and that's what my post was referring to. go check the old boards if you want to.

Snipers United created sync points better than any montage that I can remember (idk how people don't get that), from what i've seen nothing has come close since too. thats why i think its one of the best edits ever (SQ is pretty close imo, but SU is top dog). 

P.S. King was waaay overrated, but still very innovative and influential for his time. agreed that Bradddd's Final edit is super underrated though.

Where the hell is wytechocolate's stuff?

Snipers United created sync points better than any montage that I can remember (idk how people don't get that), from what i've seen nothing has come close since too. thats why i think its one of the best edits ever (SQ is pretty close imo, but SU is top dog). 

You two keep talking about this but won't give any examples as to how or why it's so great. I don't get it because you aren't showing us anything. Give me a time stamp in SU and explain to me why it's so amazing.

Also, sQ montage was possibly one of the most disappointing montages of all time imo so I'm not even going to talk about that. So overhyped and the trailer was amazing and it ended up being a completely generic edit with bland, cliche, and overused effects like 3D bullets and blood splatters, and terrible pan/crops throughout.

i like 2:13-2:56. never seen that sort of sequence in any other montage.
I understand opinions and everything, but Fatal, you are just so off on a lot of things.
I'm not the one claiming that SU and sQ montage are the best edits ever lol. Whatever. I'm done arguing about this since we'll clearly never see eye to eye.

I love that montage of Spawn's. Here's Cass' CE video from 2009:

Deserves more exposure for sure!