My first edit

Can't really call it a montage since it's just one clip lol, but I finally got off my ass and decided to learn how to edit video and downloaded a free editing software- Lightworks. I threw this together after I learned the basics and shit and took me about 5 hours. The shitty syncing at certain points bugs the hell out of me but some parts were just too hard to get perfect since i'm still nooby as fuck with this stuff.

I just wanted to share it cause other than a couple of my friends that play video games I didn't really have anyone to show it to. Any kind of criticism is welcome.

A lot of the sync points were off so pay attention to that.

I know you just used one clip to pracitce editing, but you had too many establishing shots. It dragged on after a while. If you're thinking to yourself, "is this too long?", it probably is.

Take your time with angles and the camera. The fast jerking motions are super off putting in a slow paced video (example :23). The shot selection from :56 on is pointless. I know its hard because you don't actually have the clip file so you can't get any shots of the other team, etc.

Download an audio folder for sound fx and add those in as well.

Keep on truckin my man

A lot of the sync points were off so pay attention to that.

I know you just used one clip to pracitce editing, but you had too many establishing shots. It dragged on after a while. If you're thinking to yourself, "is this too long?", it probably is.

Take your time with angles and the camera. The fast jerking motions are super off putting in a slow paced video (example :23). The shot selection from :56 on is pointless. I know its hard because you don't actually have the clip file so you can't get any shots of the other team, etc.

Download an audio folder for sound fx and add those in as well.

Keep on truckin my man

Whoops that quote above was an accident, but thanks for the tips man I completely agree with practically every criticism you made, and I'll definitely be using the advice in the future.