Hi everyone, so it's been a very hectic few months for me personally since we launched the new site. In between the launch and now, I've started a new job for a firm out of Boston, which ate up a significant amount of my time. It was an exhaustive hiring process that spanned the course of nearly two full months and about a dozen interviews.
The good news is that Ianded the job and am now finally settling into my position, which is allowing me to return to a more standard daily schedule. With this, I'm happy to say that I'll be available more often, and plan to continue working on bug fixes and new features for the site. Below I've listed a rough outline of things that are on my slate.
Bugfixes and Site performance
- Look into site performance and page load times. Make improvements where possible.
- Improve mobile experience, specifically for post and thread creation.
Add support for animated gifs (<3 Al)
- Add signatures!
Comprehensive site search, including forums, threads, posts, etc.
- Better community contribution tools, article submission, and ability to feature threads on home page.
- Article and video commenting/discussion.
- Usergroup promotions for groups like THF Regulars.
- Usergroup indicators on post profiles.
- User level customization, such as posts per page.
- Additional bio information (Gamertag, Social media, etc).
This isn't a comprehensive list, and if you have suggestions, please make them known. I realize many of your concerns or requests have been stated previously, and I apologize for not being able to respond or catch all of them. Please, if it's important to you, restate your requests/concerns so I can add them to this list if I feel they are reasonable.
Thanks again to everyone who's made the transition, and I hope to continue a slow progression of improvement in the near future. If you have thoughts or ideas that you think might benefit the community that aren't specific to the website, feel free to talk about them here as well.