[Voting Closed] THF Movie Competition 2016 - Round 1: Pool A

Choose up to 4 videos.

Montage | Editor | Gameplay

Montage 7 | Editor: HAble | Gameplay: HAble
64% (47 votes)
SECRET AIRGENTS (Halo 5 Launching Montage) | Editor: h0lmb0m | Gameplay: h0lmb0m
62% (46 votes)
Rhymes with Orange | Editor: Fud | Gameplay: Scace
46% (34 votes)
Halo 3 Montage 5 | Editor: Adversary | Gameplay: Adversary
43% (32 votes)
TIME CAPSULE | Editor: a live dinosaur | Gameplay: a live dinosaur
42% (31 votes)
Blittz Blainz | Editor: Inxy | Gameplay: Blittz Blains
26% (19 votes)
Montage 10 | Editor: Lat3ksi | Gameplay: Lat3ksi
23% (17 votes)
So Fast, So Maybe | Editor: BxSouljah | Gameplay: XYOX
18% (13 votes)
Str8 Rottin' | Editor: Eamonn | Gameplay: Distilled, Eamonn, Silvershot
8% (6 votes)
Halo 5 Montage 1 | Editor: Bunnies | Gameplay: Bunnies
7% (5 votes)
Total votes: 74

Round 1: Pool A

Vote for up to 4 choices, the top 4 advance to Round 2. Ties will be determined by the judges overall rating. Voting results will remain hidden until the poll closes on October 14th. You may cancel and change your vote at any time.

REMEMBER: Voting closes October 14th!

Pool A

Montage Editor Gameplay
Halo 5 Montage 1 Bunnies Bunnies
Montage 10 Lat3ksi Lat3ksi
Blittz Blainz I THF Comp Entry Inxy Blittz Blains
TIME CAPSULE a live dinosaur a live dinosaur
So Fast, So Maybe BxSouljah XYOX
Halo 3 Montage 5 Adversary Adversary
Str8 Rottin' Eamonn Distilled, Eamonn, Silvershot
Montage 7 HAble HAble
SECRET AIRGENTS (Halo 5 Launching Montage)  h0lmb0m h0lmb0m
Rhymes with Orange Fud Scace

Halo 5 Montage 1 | Editor: Bunnies | Gameplay: Bunnies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NssM8_KDkRw

​Montage 10 | Editor: Lat3ksi | Gameplay: Lat3ksi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZciCZ_5jOA

​Blittz Blainz | Editor: Inxy | Gameplay: Blittz Blains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAK364zjKag

TIME CAPSULE | Editor: a live dinosaur | Gameplay: a live dinosaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQfskzrLbY

​So Fast, So Maybe | Editor: BxSouljah | Gameplay: XYOX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lccOe0ofOhs

​Halo 3 Montage 5 | Editor: Adversary | Gameplay: Adversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUUGXBl9K8

​Str8 Rottin' | Editor: Eamonn | Gameplay: Distilled, Eamonn, Silvershot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzlK_gAvsgE

​Montage 7 | Editor: HAble | Gameplay: HAble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AECGDOthu8M

​SECRET AIRGENTS (Halo 5 Launching Montage) | Editor: h0lmb0m | Gameplay: h0lmb0m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kjqcpr_UKY

Rhymes with Orange | Editor: Fud | Gameplay: Scace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQhmAFKkwQ0

Voted for Late Hable Xyox and Holmbom. Good luck boys!

My reasoning (in no particular order):

Secret Airgents bc it showed just how fun H5 could be, also was the first H5 tage that I personally enjoyed watching.

Rhymes with Orange for the artistic vibe and variety.

Adversary H3M5 because the gameplay was just nuts, especially for 2016.

And I don't actually have a clear fourth pick atm. I'll have to do some thinking sometime this weekend.

^ same picks + Lat3ksi, because that's the obvious 4th
vote me ainec
Alright, 2.5 hour break rn, lets get into this :D
Trying to narrow my top 6 down to 4... damn this is tough!

My picks:

Adversary: i usually don't like intense music in social montages cus it's usually kinda cheesy but you can't ignore his gameplay, also I loved them angles at 3:08 where he dodges missiles and shows his feet when he jumps. Shits hella funny, love it. 

Hable: cus rly good h2 gp, but no audio :(

Lat3ksi cus i feel like there's a lot of passion in the shit he makes. He don't care about the norm, he does his own thing. His video was a Jazz-Psych-hip-hop fusion  experience filled with 15 minutes of outplays and quality low multis. 

And finally Rhymes with Orange: BECAUSE GOOD EDITING WITH MUSIC U LIKE AND SHIT WILL ALWAYS LIVE ON.  Although puba isn't in this contest, a little bit of his style (font) will always live on. 

Other options I enjoyed:

str8 rotten had a 2v2 troc on guardian which was awesome, also funny intro lol. And 1 respek point 4 section 80. 

Secret airgents: i don't like blatant music choices that were obviously chose so the ytber can make money and not get involved with copyright laws.  They don't have any personality to them, I doubt holmbolm and kampy rly listen to the music they put in their videos. BUT, besides my music anal criticism, the content is definitely here. The video had a lot of entertaining gameplay that I enjoyed watching.

livedinosaurs video was really good, i still feel like he gotta keep workin on his chops cus lightning snipes doubles and triples are dope but with beau doing them for high multi's in h2-3 since a year or 2 ago he's got a lotta ground to cover in his respective montage genre he's in.  Lot of potential in him, he's hella quick. 

also xyox's video felt nicely old school and was a solid watch as well

Rhymes With Orange wins the editing department in this pool for me, easy first vote.

Adversary's gp is so high up there, which says something for how much H3 social taging has been done :). Also that laugh deserves a separate division in this contest :'D

H0lm always produces vids that make ya sm:)e, and this H5 one doesnt fail that expectation :] Glad you could get something in here with your busy schedule nowadays Mattias, and Im gladly giving this my vote just cause it shows how much you can have with the weird-ass physics in H5 :)

Lastly, I gotta throw my vote to dino. If you can make so many videos on H5 that even some people on this site have put their hatred for the game aside for so consistently, you deserve the vote for sure :^) Cant wait for taco speed my man!

i gotta say this is a pretty well-balanced pool. not very many weak links, and nearly all of them are really close

Rhymes with Orange and Adversary take the cake for me tho, those are both great videos for sure. The rest are tuffff

Can I have some sort of "vote boost" since nobody "likes me"? i think one vote for me is worth about 10 votes for anyone else 

My video is the best here objectively speaking

I'm a submissive guy though so losing to these will still satisfy me in some weird way 

i gotta say this is a pretty well-balanced pool. not very many weak links, and nearly all of them are really close

Rhymes with Orange and Adversary take the cake for me tho, those are both great videos for sure. The rest are tuffff

vote str8 rottin imo

Can I have some sort of "vote boost" since nobody "likes me"? i think one vote for me is worth about 10 votes for anyone else 

That's your own damn fault. 

Pretty tough group, but here are my votes:

Lat3ksi Montage 10 - I just love it when people get destroyed and outplayed. This video was full of those clips.

Adversary's Halo 3 Montage 5 - gameplay wise the winner of this group. Also a very nostalgic soundtrack

Rhymes with Orange - Maybe the most underrated video this year. Loved the whole style and vibe.

For my fourth vote i couldn't decide between Hable's M7 and H0lmb0m's Secret Airgent. I love the whole theme of h0lmb0ms video but at the end i have to give it to hable.

That's your own damn fault. 

wew

imo this is the opposite of the desired effect of seeding. pool C has three finalist contenders and this pool objectively speaking only has one (adversary).

Maybe so, but the finals are only top 3, and there are 5 pools. I see Adversary and Rhymes with Orange both as semi finals (top6) potential.

Maybe so, but the finals are only top 3, and there are 5 pools. I see Adversary and Rhymes with Orange both as semi finals (top6) potential.

Joey Clutch, Wizard, Phase 2, Adversary, Ingenuity, Evadur, Phantoms, Quadtage, Combat Evolved, Summer Colors, Reminiscent and then you have to consider sleepers like Turbo Killer and Death Machine i think you're seriously underestimating the number of really good videos in this competition. Rhymes with Orange was a good video and had some great visuals but i think it's a stretch (meaning no offense) to consider it a tier one video in this competition when there are so many strongly edited videos with gameplay just as good or better. People involved in two or more entries aren't likely to have two videos in the semi's or finals and editing wise i thought Summer colors was a much better video overall from fud. You can make a much stronger case for that video going through. 

Regardless it doesn't change the fact that there are pools with 3 legitimate contenders + "potential" contenders as you put them. It's not really a concern as to whether the tier 1 videos go through, because they will. Ultimately i believe we'll end up with the the best 3 videos in top 3. That's not the issue. The issue is that some of the mid tier videos in other pools that deserve to advance (even if it's just a round) won't advance simply because they had a bad draw and while that's the way of things for this competition, seeding is supposed to minimize that. In the NCAA tournament it's the equivalent (in my eyes) of a 5 seed having to play a 1-2 seed in the first round + If you watch basketball you know what bad seeding can do to a bracket.

Adverae

imo this is the opposite of the desired effect of seeding. pool C has three finalist contenders and this pool objectively speaking only has one (adversary).

Adversary's video was terrible, how can you be watching these for so long and still have shit taste? 

>nu metal/2016

>social clips on people who can barely walk

>objectively better than mine

I bet you own a monster energy drink shirt/cap and take showers irregularly 

You can stop comparing everyone's videos to yours, you're already out in Round 1.
You can stop comparing everyone's videos to yours, you're already out in Round 1.

What, I just got disqualified or something? awww  :^)

Just know I'm the only person in this pool who presented these three things in one video:

1. Good editing
2. Good gameplay
3. Good music

Just know I'm the only person in this pool who presented these three things in one video:

1. Good editing
2. Good gameplay
3. Good music

You forgot one:

4. Editor pretended to commit suicide for attention on the internet

1. Good editing
2. Good gameplay
3. Good music

You forgot one:

Do you realize the person who made that thread is Adversary? Roflmao

Good meme but you're a little flawed

You can sham me 9,000 other things but it doesn't help the fact that my video is miles better than anything here 

My video isn't isn't even that good. It's like a 7.5/10.

It's just that everyone else here is 1/10 - 3/10. 

1. Good editing
2. Good gameplay
3. Good music

You forgot one:

Do you realize the person who made that thread is Adversary? Roflmao

Hard to make your own death thread.

A person in this thread just casually said they voted for a video with no gameplay audio, and just an Eminem song playing in the background. 

http://www.thehaloforum.com/forum/thf-movie-competition-2016/10331-votin...

This competition is embarrassing. The majority of the entries weren't taken seriously and neither are the voters.

Edit: this was @HAble's video l0l

not surprising since his 2 posts above mine admit he's taking this as a popularity contest 

Just a few comments:

Seeding was done based on the averages of five judges scoring across multiple categories. The pools themselves were established randomly based on the seeding (average scores). If you've got a problem with the seeding, then bring it up with how Hyena, Dutchy, Kampy, BxSouljah, and Quigz scored the entries. It was the most fair way to do it as far as I'm concerned.

At the end of the day, this is a purely subjective contest, of which popularity undoubtedly plays a part (as it does with just about any type of election / poll-based contest). There is no empirical data that makes one montage better than the other. If you've got a problem with how people are voting (which would be odd considering nobody aside from the moderators can see the results of the poll yet), you're obviously free to enter your videos into another montage competition. If you can find one that is.

Releasing a video without gameplay audio is literally more disrespectful to the competition than any of my posts  

A person in this thread just casually said they voted for a video with no gameplay audio, and just an Eminem song playing in the background. 

http://www.thehaloforum.com/forum/thf-movie-competition-2016/10331-votin...

This competition is embarrassing. The majority of the entries weren't taken seriously and neither are the voters.

Edit: this was @HAble's video l0l

not surprising since his 2 posts above mine admit he's taking this as a popularity contest 

TFW being a douchebag for 10 years catches up to you.

Just a few comments:

Seeding was done based on the averages of five judges scoring across multiple categories. The pools themselves were established randomly based on the seeding (average scores). If you've got a problem with the seeding, then bring it up with how Hyena, Dutchy, Kampy, BxSouljah, and Quigz scored the entries. It was the most fair way to do it as far as I'm concerned.

@hyena @kampy @Dutchy @Bxsouljah @Quigz

pls boys. 

That's your opinion, not rule of law. We all have our own preferences and the ones shared by the most people become public opinion. If you disagree then fine, you're entitled to that. But if you obnoxiously go around preaching how your opinion is worth more than others', the public opinion becomes that you're a twat.

Just a few comments:

@hyena @kampy @Dutchy @Bxsouljah @Quigz

pls boys. 

It was probably my video that was scored well with the judges which evens out this pool

just stop freaking out alright