"PRODIGY II" - a Halo 3 Montage

Finally done. Some of you might remember "Prodigy" from March. My buddy the Main Lobsta Bitch is back with some disgusting Halo 3 gameplay from 2011-2012. I know the flow on this was kinda strange with the constant intermissions to cut back to the deceased father teaching his son the ways, but I felt that it matched the gameplay better than just clip 1-16 in a row and then fade to black. This is probably the most effort I've put into really telling a story in a montage, and I think it turned out well. Anyways, enjoy and let me know what I can improve on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8IBGTMtOjY

Oh damn that last clip sure came out of nowhere, that's one of the better mlg clips ive seen on narrows after all of these years. Might just be your best edit yet Swanky; you've had some good ones, but that intro with the "MLB" text reveal after the spartan moves with his lobster was cool af. Also enjoyed how you progressed the clips with text that characterized them well. 

Other than the fact that i thought the gameplay was just decent (not great), i really don't see any problems with the video. There just wasnt really a "stellar" element to it, other than that last clip. Good stuff though!

lovely, that 241 tac was fucking awesome
I think this could've been much more powerful if you found a good voice for the character instead of just using subtitles. However, it was still a nice video. That last clip came completely out of nowhere, fantastic killtac. Good video overall but that's all it felt like tbh, nothing amazing or out of the ordinary and I think you could've done a few things to improve it. 
The blend of HUD clips and angles flowed really well. And the angles were amazing. Especially on the Last Resort mongoose play, which looked truly beautiful. Well delivered, Swanky! That tac was just silly...

Loved the chill vibe you created. Your angles always give the tage a special touch. I was so shocked after the 241 mlg tac, that came out of nowhere. The cross-map noscope 241 was also pretty nice. I have to say that i liked prodigy 1 more.

Ohh and the spartan with the lobster hahaha

This seems to be the general consensus, both with you and with Deany. I admit, I was a little less stoked about the gameplay in this *from the gecko* but I think part of that is just how far H3 standards have been pushed. Part of why I stuck to such a rigid segmented structure was to be able to use almost all the clips, as I normally would feel weird including a noscope Valhalla 2for1 as just another normal clip mixed between overkills. Agreed, that last clip was completely lucky and insane.

re angles: I take each and every comment on them to heart. I always put serious thought into both the sequence of cinematography and just tryna capture beautiful lil details of the game. ty <3

Nice mix of great cinematography, gameplay and music. Dig your style. But to me this isn't as memorable as Prodigy the Halo 2 video.
I enjoyed this very much.
Was pretty good. Happy to have my Overwatch stuff being edited by you.
I had to watch it twice because I was too busy admiring the cinematography to notice the gameplay the first time. Great soundtrack and I died at the lobster. Your best work yet imo.

This deserves a lot more recognition.

That was absolutely amazing. So clean and the angles were top tier.

The overkill on Val and last clip were 100

'preciate it, guys <3

Debatably the first one was better, but I'm really not sure. I too appreciated the opportunity to actually include a lil lobsta guy, and it's very satisfying hearing that my particularity with cinematics pays off. Stay tuned for part III

Fun gameplay and cool edit. Really loved the camera work. It was Oscar worthy. I like the little story with the man and his son, but I think it was underdeveloped. It would've been a little better if you included voices. If you need any voice work I'll be happy to help. I'm an aspiring voice actor and would love to do some voice overs!

Fun gameplay and cool edit. Really loved the camera work. It was Oscar worthy. I like the little story with the man and his son, but I think it was underdeveloped. It would've been a little better if you included voices. If you need any voice work I'll be happy to help. I'm an aspiring voice actor and would love to do some voice overs!

Thanks! That's some high praise. I wanted to expand on the 1st video's narrative aspect and make a montage that flowed a little different than others. I really really tried for voices, but I couldn't get enough dialogue that sounded how I wanted so I just went without. Probably my biggest regret about this series is not delaying a few days to perfect the voice narration. I'll keep you in mind if I ever decide to do anything similar :)

Hey, your welcome and that's awesome!