"Super Soldier II: Resurrection 復活" :: A Halo 2 Anniversary Montage :: by Depend

Hey all (:

I hope everyone's doing good, I hope the hype for Halo 5 kicks these forums in 3rd gear soon. Today I have the sequel to "Super Soldier" finally made.

I just wanted to create something different. That is all.

Have a good night, and please enjoy (:

http://youtu.be/k5_IGIEVqn0

Let me know what you think as well! 

Didn't enjoy it to be honest, mediocre clips, editing was kind of distracting, sorry man.
First tage I've watched in a while that I was actually interested in. It's nice to see someone take a different route for once on here. The overlapping, heavy effects, and music reminded me of pTw's first edits. Keep it up man.
I thought it was really entertaining. definitely different than most montages but I think thats what I enjoyed most about it.  Gp was pretty average though but i think your editing really made the video

Thanks man I really appreciate it (:

i edit for fun in my spare time but I'm gonna try to get better and make better tages! :p

That was quite interesting.  You definitely have a fresh vision for a montage.  The overlays were done pretty well for the most part and made the clips feel more interesting than they actually are.  It also seems like you're focused on using sound to make the viewer feel more immersed, so if I could make a suggestion, maybe go into more detail with mixing the game audio and gun shots, as there were times where the footage seemed weird with no audio playing to where the music gets loud.  Keep building on this style, guy.

Nicely done man, I think you've eclipsed the first one with the clips and editing in this. I felt like this really picked up in the second song, or the second part of the song (I couldn't really tell). The effects were for the most part well done, with a couple overlays that maybe could've matched better with the movement in the original clip. I felt certain that you would transition the clip at 3:28 into holding the flag, but I like what you did too. The random H3 clip and THF movie contest 2014 intro felt really really out of place, so maybe next time leave out clips from any other games and don't use that intro just because it's distracting. I know I focused a lot on the areas where you could improve but overall good job man! You should be proud of this.

I felt the second part was much clearer than the first one which suffered from fast cutting and too many overlays. Kudos for doing something new, gomu gomu no handshake.

I felt the second part was much clearer than the first one which suffered from fast cutting and too many overlays. Kudos for doing something new, gomu gomu no handshake.

Pretty much agree with this, there was too much opacity stuff going on in the first half of the video. I did enjoy the watch though!

Good stuff dude

Holy, I really appreciate the responses guys (: 

nothing hateful by telling me straight up what I can do to improve, I really appreciate it. 

I will definitely focus more on the gameplay and use less effects, but I will definitely keep making videos..but with my style  (:

thanks guys