Halo 2 Vista servers are back online! (kinda)

TL;DR:

http://h2v.online

Hey everyone, haven't been active here in a minute or two.... but I'm back with great news. If you are too poor or smart to own an Xbox One and have been missing Halo 2 PC, there's a great new project headed up by PermaNull and Tweek dubbed "Project Cartographer", bringing H2PC back online without need of a hefty tunneling service like Tunngle - just download the launcher and it's like XBC, but even simpler. It's in public open beta right now, but the games I played ran very smoothly.

Video isn't even close to serious/made with effort, I'm hella hella rusty in every department. Just a cute little PSA.

I'll have to fucking play sometime. Thanks for the heads up stagga, love youuuu

Can someone tell me the best way to install H2V now? I restored my computer and lost everything. 

Probably have to find an ISO online, mount it/burn it to a disk (my H2V disc got scratched so I burned an ISO to disk and put it in my H2V case lol) and then run the setup. Can't help you with activation keys, though frown
Is it still feasible to buy off Amazon, or are those all broken?
Might have to hop on sometime. Gotta give stagga the hands again for old times sake. 
Is it still feasible to buy off Amazon, or are those all broken?
I installed my physical copie right at the end of last yearish and it worked.
So I'm either stupid because I have money and bought a Xbox One or I'm not poor. What?

So I'm either stupid because I have money and bought a Xbox One or I'm not poor. What?

it's a joke

just like MCC is

(H2V is a bigger joke)

Also what does the xb1 have going for it? I'm genuinely curious.

being able to stream your games over a wifi connection to any windows 10 PC :)

(but in reality not too much)

as far as I know, u don't need a key to play on network? still using a legit copy myself so I'm not sure, but I know u don't need one when using tunngle.
good to see there are some reactions from you guys, it got mentioned plenty of other times in the past but no one seemed to care.

MSG me I got u yung nigga

Im running it on both my win10 computers

Messaging nowwww homieee
well, it works fine it seems, anyone that wants to play can hit me up

yeah ill lyk when im on, I have to set up cart tho

it's so easy to do lol, quickest thing I ever.
U just copy a launcher in your install folder and launch it. done.

Huh. Kinda wish my copy worked now.
you don't need one, you don't need a key to play, I just installed it myself
hey yall i'm online rn. hit me up to play this sometime. i'll start hanging out in the discord server more often i suppose

I'm at school right now, but I've noticed the servers online aren't the best. They remind me too much of the servers I used to avoid when they were still up.
So we'll prob be hosting a lot, someone ran me through the proces yesterday. Port forwarding & shit.
I did everything they way he told me to, and it looked good, but I still can't join hosted games & no one can join me... I can join the dedicated servers tho, and those colombian people who can't possibly have followed proper instructions since they're all in english have no problems joining off host at all it seems.

gotta figure this out

you don't need one, you don't need a key to play, I just installed it myself

How do you play it without a key? Really want to set up H2V and give it a go but I'm an a complete noob when it comes to this sort of stuff :(

add me on skype or something, I'll help you get it running

Thanks man, don't worry I got it working now I'm pretty sure. Found two servers earlier with no one in them that were just cycling maps real quick and would automatically start if you joined, pretty strange but I hope that means it's working.

yeah, this project just went online, so not a lot of people are playing yet, but we're spreading it as much as we can :)

Just curious, what makes this any better than MCC?

IMO, H2V is way more smooth than H2C & personally the sensitivity boost option, 10 sens on H2C is a fucking joke...

IMO, H2V is way more smooth than H2C & personally the sensitivity boost option, 10 sens on H2C is a fucking joke...

I still rock the 4 sens.  Idk how you guys have the reflexes to play on 10 sensitivity or higher. 

k that was fucking sick, haven't gotten a shot like that ever since I play 15 sens +

talking about 20 sens no scopes tho... just choked this like 30 min ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9lunfhrCGM&feature=youtu.be

Do you guys play on keyboard and mouse or a controller?
So ... Can you get achievements on it?

Do you guys play on keyboard and mouse or a controller?

Controller is better. M/K is badly ported but somewhat playable.

So ... Can you get achievements on it?

If it involves XBL, no.