Where did you go?

Sometimes I wonder what happened to this place. 

There used to be a decent amount of activity. We had a sizeable group of regulars; both Halo and COT posters, but also new members signing up. I'm not saying this place was blossoming or thriving in the later years, but atleast there was a sense of community and people seemed to stick around for that.

So...

Where did everyone go?

Dunno man, after the movie comp, it completely died. Active at peak went from 50-70 to about 4 now

halo is shit

durrrrrrrr

cot didn't give a fk about halo tho

I think the transition to the new site + Halo dying off around the same time played a bit part in it. With any social platform it's important to have a large userbase at all times, or else it dies off. So I'm sure a lot of people come back, log in, see no activity, and log out. 

We're also all old geezers now, which could play a big part in it.

Yeah, I log in maybe once every two weeks to check if anyone I like has made a recent post. Sighing and disappointed, I sign off. This is the case 99% of the time.

Discord killed the forum format.

I miss the good old days. Wish I had a time machine. Some of the best periods of my life were on this site and playing Halo. 
Hi

Used to be on this site constantly for a period of time, it had a hell of a run. Was just thinking about this place and if it even still existed. This place was my first forum experience.

343 killed Halo which in turned killed the community. I know the forum isn't the same but no one started The Halo Forums just because. We were on here to discuss about Halo but whats to discuss? I do want a revival though. Not just from the community but from Halo 

I always believed Halo 3 should have never left the mainstage. Super Smash Bros Melee is STILL being played in competitions with THOUSANDS of viewers each event. 

Having a career pretty much sums it up. Time is more valuable. I havent really gamed in years. Gonna meet up with marruk and deathenator next week and play halo. But thats like once in a year thing.

Hope everyone is well

I havent signed in since the new site. I guess I just made a new username and one post and that was it. A lot has happened to me in the last couple years and just kinda drifted away. And halo died lol. Kinda thought the site died with it.

But its cool to see all these old names again. Miss you guys. Miss the community we had :(

I work a lot. I still think about the hours I sunk in, posting so much. I was prolific but I don't think anyone read most of it anyway. I wonder why I did it.

Watched a couple of the downloaded montages I had while clearing out my hard drive and thought I'd check this place out for nostalgia's sake.

Tbh it was already dying after the competition and I hated the newer Halo games so I just moved on league, csgo, pubg, etc. I definitely miss the fun times I had in Halo 2/3/Reach and I still love making little videos for my own entertainment whenever possible, although I have less and less time for it.

I still get people commenting occasionally on the few videos I made during the competition and I'm happy I was able to leave some sort of mark, however small. Feels nice to know that a handful of people still enjoy my videos even though no one really cares about the game anymore.

Hope everyone else is doing well too :)

hi im new here :)
I honestly think going back to the old forum would spruce some life back into this place, it would at least be less intimidating and nostalgic for old members checking in so now and then which is really all we have left at this point.
Halo is back and active seems....Halo 3 ...fun again..

Halo is dead, forums are dead, we're all old.

I'll pour one out for the old days.

I miss you so.

https://www.twitch.tv/warriorrfresh 

Halo 3 in return.. bored check out my twitch! Trying build it up. Thanks playas 

Greetings
suh
test
im ready to die lol
Still in dallas, still sociable.

<3 and miss you all

A lot of factors, really. The first and most obvious one is age. Every single person who enjoyed Old Halo and met or started here in those days are all now fully grown adults, with either careers, significant others, families, major responsibilities, or all of the above. Or dead--unfortunately.  The second biggest reason is moving on. In addition to growing up, our tastes and desires have changed, too. Everyone has moved on to more advanced, bigger, current, and--no point in denying it either--frankly better games. While classic games may always be in our hearts and while we may still own them or play them, inevitably we find ourselves gravitating towards the newer stuff regardless. Even video games themselves are taking a backseat to other forms of entertainment. Hell, I just binged the entire series of Bojack Horseman over the course of 10 days, and I'm 1/3rd through The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. I barely even play video games anymore.

While FPS's are always going to be here to stay, as of right now, they're not the most popular gaming genre out there--battle royales are. At least for this month. So video game genres might be a semi-permanent fixture, fads will keep them rotating as flavor of the month. And right now, FPS games aren't up top.

Finally, calling Halo "dying" isn't entirely the most accurate term to use. While I don't know exact numbers or semantics, tournaments and eSports are still featuring the New Halo games on an almost constant basis. Halo is essentially adapting for a new generation, and going in a different direction because of it. It may not be a direction that Old Halo players would like, but so many new changes have been made to reflect the newest staples of first person shooters.

To paraphrase and steal from an old friend, I'm going to drop a truth bomb that you guys won't like, but only because you'll realize deep down it's true:

You may not want to admit it, but you all don't really want the old Halos back. You want to be 14 years old again, gaming in your best friend's basement subsisting on a diet exclusively of pizzas and chips and orange soda. Bad news. You're not the core demo anymore.  If 343i took out Sprint and brought back the 3-shot pistol, you'd still be working 9 hours a day and playing Overwatch or Apex Legends for the only half hour a night you've got free.

It hurts to say it, including myself, but that's the fucked up hardship of it: Halo isn't dying.

We are.

Hey.  Nice to see you.

The traditional forum in general has become a thing of the past. 

We had fun. Still have fun. Different times, different fun.  I wish nothing but the best for all of you.

The huge pile of cringe that is stuck to my account. I'm not the person I was even 5 years ago and I just feel a bit embarrassed logging in anywhere with this name still.

Luckily I got roasted so much I actually learned from it, so I hold no grudges. It's insane how many names I still remember. See you all on PC :)

The huge pile of cringe that is stuck to my account. I'm not the person I was even 5 years ago and I just feel a bit embarrassed logging in anywhere with this name still.

Luckily I got roasted so much I actually learned from it, so I hold no grudges. It's insane how many names I still remember. See you all on PC :)

Eh, kinda same, but looking back at my post history doesn't make me cringe, I actually laugh at a lot of it because of how ridiculous it all was. I'm definitely not the same person as I was 10 years ago, but I wouldn't take any of it back. 

Sup

im ready to die lol

not so fast bitch

Anyone else log in here every once in a while just to feel like a teenager again?

Just me?

Okay... C ya in a few months...

nostalgia addiciton is the only thing that keeps me checking in on this place nowadays

I miss this place and the connections I had with everyone back then. I'm almost 30 now for fucks sake.

I thought I heard recently that all Halo's were being released to PC through Steam, hopefully that'll reignite my cold dead heart.

I miss this place and the connections I had with everyone back then. I'm almost 30 now for fucks sake.

I thought I heard recently that all Halo's were being released to PC through Steam, hopefully that'll reignite my cold dead heart.

This is what gets me the most.

I was teen, this place felt like a community in some way.  Spent a lot of time on here posting or lurking. 

RIP Mez & Elmo.