Google Pixel

Anyone here got the new Google Pixel? Considering buying it, wanted to know opinions from people.

Thanks!

It's a phone that Google made. It's got a screen that you can touch. It allows you to make and receive phone calls and texts. You can probably take some decent nude photos. 

It's the same as every other phone in the price range with similar specs.

I've heard it camera is pretty top notch. Beats the iPhone 7 Plus in most cases. Don't think it quite beats the S7 Edge though.

OS is pretty much stock which for me is the only way to have Android phones. I've never gotten the hype for the fingerprint sensor on the back though. Seems like a really weird placement to me. I've also heard the chassis tapers down from the camera down so that there isn't a camera bump. It's very slight and almost unnoticeable, but is there.

It's probably the phone I would get if I used Android more than I do.

Had an iPhone for the last 4 years and switched over to the Pixel. I'm going to miss aspects of iOS but this phone's camera is so amazing, I think I'll get over my grievances with Android fairly quickly.

Had an iPhone for the last 4 years and switched over to the Pixel. I'm going to miss aspects of iOS but this phone's camera is so amazing, I think I'll get over my grievances with Android fairly quickly.
At this point I'm just too far invested in iOS ecosystem. So many purchases through the app store and certain music (if I can't find a 320kbps equivalent). Setting up my car specifically for an iPod/iPhone, iHome, etc, etc. Otherwise I probably would have made the switch.

There are some other minor things as well, but they don't play as big of a role. Like not getting standard updates after 2 years and third party phones hardly getting more than 1-2 major updates.

Your avatar makes me sad because Gohan is trash tier in Super ;_;

Your avatar makes me sad because Gohan is trash tier in Super ;_;

So nothing new. :(

Maybe this makes me a chump but I've always bought apple my whole life because for me at least, they've always lasted hella long and served me great. I bought a Macbook in Spring 2009 that worked perfectly with no issues until Summer 2015 when I replaced it with a Macbook Pro. Even then, I factory reset my old compuer and gave it to my dad for Christmas a year ago. It's a little slow, but still works perfectly to this day...

I've also had the same iphone 5 for just over 3 years now. Same thing, it's barely any slower and given the way the iphone 7 is looking, I might keep it for a long time...

Macs have historically been better in the laptop department (this will change soon though, already has in some cases) but I've never really seen the point in getting an iPhone over the flagship HTC, LG, or Samsung phones.

Macs have historically been better in the laptop department (this will change soon though, already has in some cases) but I've never really seen the point in getting an iPhone over the flagship HTC, LG, or Samsung phones.

Hard to explain if you've never used iOS significantly, but it's just really solid. Performance is just so reliable in iOS.

Maybe this makes me a chump but I've always bought apple my whole life because for me at least, they've always lasted hella long and served me great. I bought a Macbook in Spring 2009 that worked perfectly with no issues until Summer 2015 when I replaced it with a Macbook Pro. Even then, I factory reset my old compuer and gave it to my dad for Christmas a year ago. It's a little slow, but still works perfectly to this day...

I've also had the same iphone 5 for just over 3 years now. Same thing, it's barely any slower and given the way the iphone 7 is looking, I might keep it for a long time...

I totally agree. Been so happy with my Apple products, miss my iMac immensely but I appreciate the gaming advantages I get with a custom built PC.

As for phones, the latest Samsung Galaxy always seems slightly ahead of thr iPhone in almost every aspect, heavily discouraging me from ever wanting to get one. Plus the unnecessarily high cost, different chargers, slightly inferior (imo) app store, worse camera/slower running speed/etc.

I've also heard good things about Macs (despite the crazy cost), as they have some software and features that you can't really get on Windows PCs...

Anyway, I'd really like to get the Pixel, I'm just not sure why it costs ~£16/month MORE than the Galaxy S7, when they have very similar (some better, some worse) specs. I know it's their first, big mobile phone venture (excluding Nexus), but it just seems like a little too much for too little gain.

Any further opinions would be much appreciated.