*Tutorial/Help* How to get a disc stuck in Xbox 360 out.
Okay, so. A few days ago my Xbox 360 had experienced a problem. The game disc (Rock Band) had gotten stuck inside of my Xbox 360 somehow, it was not their when I opened the disc tray.
So, i'm here to help you incase this has happened, or may happen to you.
A few things to try first:
1) If you Xbox is in the vertical position, try putting it down horizontally, although when I did this it did not work, but hey, maybe you will have it easier than I did.
2) Press the eject button on your xbox console, then push it again so the tray goes back in, repeat this process a few times, just to see if the disc will come out this way. Never worked for me either.
3) Okay, this is the method I had to use to remove my disc from the inside of my xbox, it requires taking the faceplate off of your xbox. Which I found to be incredibly hard, I found an easy way though.
So, say your xbox is position like this, on the right hand side, near the front, their should be a little hole on the side, near the faceplate, can't explain it very well, I put a penny in their, I pushed outwards so that the faceplate came off a little bit, I think slid the penny towards the other end of the 360, it came off nice and easy. Sorry if I can not explain better, you will get it.
Okay, you should now see something like this:
This quote is taken from the xbox website, each method corresponds with the letter in the photo.
• Method A: Insert a straightened paper clip or another small, stiff wire into the first hole from the left side of the disc tray. To release the disc tray, push the paperclip into the hole to press the manual eject mechanism. The manual eject mechanism is a white lever that is visible behind the console casing. The hole is located about one-and-a-half inches (approximately four centimeters) from the left edge of the disc tray.
• Method B: Insert a straightened paper clip or another small, stiff wire into the second hole from the left side of the disc tray. Push the paperclip repeatedly into the hole to turn a gear to release the disc tray. The hole is located about one-and-a-half inches (approximately four centimeters) from the left edge of the disc tray.
• Method C: Insert a straightened paper clip or another small, stiff wire into the into the hole that is directly under the "X3" in the Xbox 360 label on the disc tray to release the disc tray. The hole is located about one inch from the right edge of the disc tray.
Each method depends on the disc drive you have.
Once the tray is released, you can manually pull it out, even all the way if you want.
This is what I had to do to get the disc out of my Xbox, kind of a pain in ass, but hey, at least my 360 works, right?
I got most of this info off of xbox.com, just thought I would post here to save you the trouble of searching.