The Halo Forum > Previous Halo titles > Halo3Forum.com Halo 3 Movie Competition 2

Display Modes Thread Tools
Level 33
Subtract from QsK Carnage's ReputationAdd to QsK Carnage's Reputation QsK Carnage is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QsK Carnage
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGTaLiTy View Post
You didn't think it was one of the more original vids in the competition?
It was. I think people don't think it's deserving because there isn't too much originality going around in H3 montages so you're essentially comparing this to totally random edited stuff like Question Reality.

Quote:
You didn't think it had one of the better intros in the competition?
Nope, I thought Three had a better intro imo, it was basic, yes...but it gave such an epic feel. Still love it to this day.

Quote:
You didn't think it had better cinematography that most of the videos in the competition?
The begining angles were sick (the one on Construct O2), other then that...not too many angles. (No love for Konnvict in either of his vids? Lameeeee)

Quote:
You didn't think it was one of the better edited videos in the competition?
Yes and no. It was edited well. Personally I think that the judges didn't like "generic rock" edited montages and that's why some videos are where they are, and some aren't.

Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is on the rise to fame Standards is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-22-2010

Just noticed Question Reality was in for Most Original. Fucking laughed so hard. Good joke guys, now really, what are the 7 for most original?
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
07-22-2010

Don't look at me.

GTS
Level 32
Subtract from GTS's ReputationAdd to GTS's Reputation GTS taps Cortana GTS taps Cortana GTS taps Cortana GTS taps Cortana GTS taps Cortana
Send a message via AIM to GTS
07-22-2010

konnvict deserved atleast one nomination

THF VIP Member
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is a novice
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
Just noticed Question Reality was in for Most Original. f..king laughed so hard. Good joke guys, now really, what are the 7 for most original?
Did you not watch the credits?
Level 47
Subtract from Standards's ReputationAdd to Standards's Reputation Standards is on the rise to fame Standards is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Standards Send a message via Skype™ to Standards
07-22-2010

Quote:
Did you not watch the credits?
Yea, that was neatl. But I don't think Halostein makes up for the body, which was pretty much the exact opposite of original.
pTw
Level 28
Subtract from pTw's ReputationAdd to pTw's Reputation pTw is on the rise to fame pTw is on the rise to fame
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QsK Carnage View Post
It was. I think people don't think it's deserving because there isn't too much originality going around in H3 montages so you're essentially comparing this to totally random edited stuff like Question Reality.
Um...Blackbox is one of the few vids in the comp to have a theme, an actual theme executed nicely. Most original is probably blackbox and lbyl3 for having the most polished and original videos, the rest were very amatuer I thought when compared to the two.

Quote:
Nope, I thought Three had a better intro imo, it was basic, yes...but it gave such an epic feel. Still love it to this day.
It comes down to opinion I guess on best intro, a lot of vids had sick intros. Three's intro was nice, but simplicity isn't the best in this case when you have all these other intros full of effort that are just as nice too.

Quote:
The begining angles were sick (the one on Construct O2), other then that...not too many angles. (No love for Konnvict in either of his vids? Lameeeee)
It's no surprise that good videos are nominated in these categories multiple times...it's not like they made these as pity sub categories, the best vids in the comp will likely get the most nominations it's just how it works. If you have a sick vid, chances are the editing is sick, it's creative, it has a nice intro, it has good gameplay, good theater work etc. I do agree though, I thought refuse2lose could have ended up on a lot of nominations, there's so many good vids though it's hard to choose. The judges had some tough ass calls.

Quote:
Yes and no. It was edited well. Personally I think that the judges didn't like "generic rock" edited montages and that's why some videos are where they are, and some aren't.
For the most part it's harder to make a cool edited vid with generic rock. Best editing could be called most flashy video.
AIM: Great out of 10
GT: passTHEword
All videos by me can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bizzy001
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided Crest is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
07-22-2010

Generic Rock can be great. If it's great generic rock.

THF VIP Member
Subtract from FraGTaLiTy's ReputationAdd to FraGTaLiTy's Reputation FraGTaLiTy is a novice
07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standards View Post
Yea, that was neatl. But I don't think Halostein makes up for the body, which was pretty much the exact opposite of original.
It's just the whole theme in the video, really. The bullet going through the wall, the rocket circling around Construct, and Halostein was the icing on the cake. I find it to be one of the more original entries. It definitely lacked a lot of needed polishing, though.

Last edited by FraGTaLiTy; 07-22-2010 at 02:42 AM.
THF Montage Contest '14
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
07-22-2010

hm, havent seen all of these yet.

thought Phurion n fluxy deserved a gameplay spot, had the most broad range of gp I'd seen in h3 montages.

but yeah, I can see why most vids are where they are.

So far Im pretty happy about the organization of this, nobody is gonna fully agree with nominations but it all looks organized and clear. people disagree on oscar nominations too.

so far good job montage council people crew.