Some Personal Thoughts on the Current State of THF

Just two things. When new people make a video or montage don't be so narcissistic, and come down with a hammer. Yes maybe the content isn't what we are used to but remember when we all first started playing this game? Or first started making videos? If someone pumped out a video that is like Nakamuras, or BullXRape, we have people and I think we know who they are who nitpick and bash HALO VIDEOS. HALO VIDEOS BEING MADE IN 2015 GROW UP. If you pump out a video that is so good that I will go blind watching it then yes maybe your opinion would matter but in all honesty it doesn't. It just turns away potential montage makers, and users.. And makes you look kinda like a douche.

2nd Who wants to work on some community montages, and help good ol' blaze with a big team battle clan montage? wink Sigons, Skols, Blackhawk?

You're still mad about how ill received Halzred's montage was?

Sheeeesh Xyox, you couldn't PM him that shit talk instead of sliding in a productive thread and shittin on his life? You a savage smh.
So did anyone take any initiate from all this?

i think the main reason why the forum is decreasing its population is not because of the new site, i think its the shitty MCC which is causing this..
when i used to play halo 3 on xbox 360 i played customs with people from THF every freaking night.. now i turn on my xbox one and only have 4 or 5 friends online, and most of the time only 1 is playing MCC.. 

with this said, i think it is possible to get back more active users if you give them something to come back for, in combination with a good running Halo game.

at least im trying to get my fanboys i meet online to join THF..

lol...

also i do have an idea which could help the community to get a little bigger name and some more population, although it takes time.. and maybe even a little money.
but i need to work that out, and PM you personal nv1,

Always open to hearing new ideas.

Merged your old account and your new one and changed your name. Let me know if you need anything else.

We need to start by having more forum drama
thomas are u stupid?? god what a terrible idea go be dumb somewhere else

i still think we need to change the entire concept of this forum or we will just die off like blockbuster 

you need to adapt or its over 

i think the main reason why the forum is decreasing its population is not because of the new site, i think its the shitty MCC which is causing this..
when i used to play halo 3 on xbox 360 i played customs with people from THF every freaking night.. now i turn on my xbox one and only have 4 or 5 friends online, and most of the time only 1 is playing MCC.. 

with this said, i think it is possible to get back more active users if you give them something to come back for, in combination with a good running Halo game.

at least im trying to get my fanboys i meet online to join THF..

lol...

also i do have an idea which could help the community to get a little bigger name and some more population, although it takes time.. and maybe even a little money.
but i need to work that out, and PM you personal nv1,

This was epic...well done

We need to start by having more forum drama
thomas are u stupid?? god what a terrible idea go be dumb somewhere else

okie crying

We need to have the biggest halo montage contest ever.

If this site can make a few hundred via donations every month imagine if we got a bunch of us Regular THFs and others pitching extra money what we could a few dollars here and there into one big donation fund over the course of a year and have it secured by a trust worthy person that understands if they fucked with the money they wouldn't get away with it.

Within a year... i bet we could raise a few thousand. Hell maybe enough people would hear about it and wanna throw some money in for the fuck of it just to support the halo fan base etc and to get to view all the sick ass fucking montages people would be making from any halo game they wanted now with the MCC..

Unrealistic as fuck but picture a 5 Grand top prize or something, god dayme.. shit would get real really quick.

Maybe 343 can chip in fucking ten grand for the amount of failure over the years haha

I don't know but honestly a really insane montage contest would be so epic... it would really bring out the halo spirit again if only the top prize money was ridiculous ( lets be honest its the only thing thats going to motivate anybody nowadays )

I mean what else can really bring this site '' attention '' and more users then that... answer : nothing

Hell I know this means nothing but If i was rich, id straight up host a 25 grand top prize halo video contest.

Just to see the montages man... picturing those master pieces edited to absolute perfection to win that much money lol the gameplay, shit it would be unbelievable.

Would be a great ending to the halo montage community cause lets face it, its basically dead.. and this would be its last run realistically.

This post will probably be read forgotten about but hell we should try and make this a reality some how.. pull together as a community and do something cool...  Personally hell I'm broke as fuck atm so it would make me a hypocrite to be like people pitch $$$ blahablah but you all know what I mean so lets not fire any insults my way like children.

I wanna see some more halo montages like the FINALE with phurion and midpoints videos, reid18s etc back in the day, just some awsome funny great videos pumping out thru this community again... who gives a fuck if its 2015 ???  I've been running into 05-06 kids everyday all day... hell honestly it makes the gameplay kind of better in my eyes... your facing kids who have been playing the game for a decade... like shit... and now with all the hd capture cards and 60FPS... ugh lol its perfect.

343 N Bungie sponsor halo contest naow fgts fk.

Thought about it as well, although im not sure how realistic it is. Last time  ohem and klima decided to host the $1000 prize contest, and the donations they got eventually from the community were pretty disappointing (as far as i know) and they had to pay from their own pockets quite the amount. They were kinda let down by the community donations at that point. So hoping for a solid amount of donations (5k?) from just the community might be unrealistic. I think if we want to do it big, we would need to find a sponsor of some sorts, someone willing to give a big  donation for ads/brand awareness in return, and a small entry fee, supported by donations (which will probably be even lower knowing there are entry fee's and a sponsor, but whatever). Or that a percentage of every amount that surpasses that donation goal of THF (this month: goal $50, total amount $100), could be saved for a contest of such sorts. I do agree that if this is what will happen, it needs to be big. But if it even COULD happen, i'd be excited as hell, just like last year. Im not sure how much activity it brought, but it did spark some activity at least from the then not-so-active members. 

We needa do this niggaz.

Also wtf happened to post count......... all those years of posting down the drain :/