Help Support THF by Donating

Hey guys, as you may notice, there is now a donation page on the site. Here's a quote from the donation page:

As you've undoubtedly noticed, we have recently moved to a brand new website, and with a new site come new associated costs. In order to keep TheHaloForum ad free, we will be running monthly donation goals which will help to offset the expenses of hosting, third party services, and site maintenance, as well as contribute to the development of new features.

In order to recognize our users who donate, a top donors page has been added to the site, which will include sections for both monthly top donors, as well as all-time top donors.

Note: If you would like to your donation to remain anonymous, simply log out of the site and complete your donation as a guest. Guest donations will be excluded from all top donors pages, and no associations to your account will be made.

My goal with this is to help support the cost of the site. I understand that this may seem like a money grab, or an attempt to make a quick dollar off our users, but I can assure you, this is simply to help me offset the cost of running the site.

For example: in the last 24 hours, Hyena's "Mastery" has been streamed to the tune of 150gb's of bandwidth, which has an associated cost of around $15. This number will continue to grow until the video is reinstated on Youtube.

Cart/Checkout

I have added a shopping cart link to the user menu (dropdown menu below your username at the top right of every page). This will allow you to manage the items in your cart (which now can only be donation products).

Top Donors

I thought it would be cool to recognize the users that donate by implementing a "Top Donors" page. This will essentially act as a leaderboard for donations, and help recognize users until I can get a nice icon/badge system in place for usergroups. Right now there is a Top Donors - All Time page, and a Top Donors - Monthly page.

Thanks for your continued support and understanding.

- Nv1

Was going to be a good guy and donate, but this comes up every time I try to do so:

I GUESS I'LL JUST TAKE MY MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE

Yeah I get the same thing. 

Noticed that, figured you were still working out kinks.

Anyway, if you want some suggestions on improving the copywriting on this page/the main page, let me know.

Sorry guys, permissions issue. Try again, and thank you if you do end up donating!

Anyway, if you want some suggestions on improving the copywriting on this page/the main page, let me know.

Absolutely, PM me.

If my bank account starts getting drained now..

I tried to donate $20 but everytime I click "proceed to next step" the screen just freezes.

Do you actually do copywriting irl? Jw cause I'm in the copywriting field as well.

I noticed that when I chose the $10 option then clicked 'Donate,' it showed that I had a quantity of 3 $10 donations, coming out to $30. I tested it again with $5 and it did the same thing. 

Could be a problem if somebody doesn't check their quantity before they check out. 

Do you actually do copywriting irl? Jw cause I'm in the copywriting field as well.

Yes.

I've added a Shopping Cart link to the user menu. See OP.

I noticed that when I chose the $10 option then clicked 'Donate,' it showed that I had a quantity of 3 $10 donations, coming out to $30. I tested it again with $5 and it did the same thing. 

Could be a problem if somebody doesn't check their quantity before they check out. 

Yeah, I just did $5 and it gave me a quantity of four. Nv1 trying to pull a fast one!

Yeah, I just did $5 and it gave me a quantity of four. Nv1 trying to pull a fast one!

Not sure what is going on there, but I've just manually deleted all shopping carts, so if you'd like to donate please try again. I've had 3 go through successfully so far.

Shoutout to @bjorn_248 for the $50 donation!
I tried again and it says in a red error box "this form has become outdated."

Hey man, was just about to PM you. I delete all shopping carts a little while ago to fix some issues. Try again, or try loggin out and logging back in, and then trying again.

I got a checking and savings, but all my money is in my savings...laugh

Hey man, was just about to PM you. I delete all shopping carts a little while ago to fix some issues. Try again, or try loggin out and logging back in, and then trying again.

I tried logging out and in then using 2 other browsers. Is there another way I could go about it?

Hmm, I'm not sure what the deal is. Can you go to your shopping cart (/cart or click the link under your username) and see if there's anything in it?
So i originally didn't click the paypal option because I thought I would have needed an account so I tried that other (stripe?) payment method. Whenever I tried to proceed after filling in my details it would just freeze the screen. Odd. However, the Paypal said it went through! Thanks for working on the site man.

So i originally didn't click the paypal option because I thought I would have needed an account so I tried that other (stripe?) payment method. Whenever I tried to proceed after filling in my details it would just freeze the screen. Odd. However, the Paypal said it went through! Thanks for working on the site man.

Thank you for your donation! I just checked my Stripe account to make sure nothing went through, and it looks like nothing did. Just wanted to make sure you wouldn't get charged for anything.

Did you expect to meet your goal that fast? Haha.

And I guess this isn't really a big deal, but it only shows my donation whenever I check the top donators from all-time/this month (and obviously I am not the top donator).

Did you expect to meet your goal that fast? Haha.

And I guess this isn't really a big deal, but it only shows my donation whenever I check the top donators from all-time/this month (and obviously I am not the top donator).

No way, I'm pretty stunned right now.

And I just fixed that issue, I was actually working on it just prior to me reading your post.

you guys rock, thanks a ton

shopping cart functionality is sexy, def makes me interested in doing more with that

since i have a credit card now i will look into it soon. :)

bjorn trying to outdo everyone

this fags going down

I really want to thank everyone for donating, it's great to have such support going over our donation goals every month.

much love