The Dragon Ball Thread

i can agree with near all of that.
Yeah, episode 5 had some very garbage animation. 'Twas the only episode like that so far, though. There were tons of instances of shitty animation in DBZ.

Yeah, episode 5 had some very garbage animation. 'Twas the only episode like that so far, though. There were tons of instances of shitty animation in DBZ.

True, but I don't remember anything being as glaring as that.

Was excited for Dragon Ball Super but after watching the current 5 episodes, it's getting harder for me to enjoy it. The episode with Pilaf and his gang had the worst animation I have ever seen in a long time. Will still continue to watch it but I don't think it's going to get any better.
Was excited for Dragon Ball Super but after watching the current 5 episodes, it's getting harder for me to enjoy it. The episode with Pilaf and his gang had the worst animation I have ever seen in a long time. Will still continue to watch it but I don't think it's going to get any better.
Wait for the dvd's/blu-ray to come out. Most studios will go back and fix a lot of bad animation. Also, you can find a hand full of wonky looking single frames in almost any show.
Yeah, I understand that every show contains some wonky looking stuff but so far, the last two episodes of DBS were consistently bad. I only hope that they will definitely rehaul the bad looking scenes.
couldnt help but notice this when watching the latest episode. makes me kinda question the integrity of the entire process of making the show.

couldnt help but notice this when watching the latest episode. makes me kinda question the integrity of the entire process of making the show.

Japanese animators have no integrity. 

the goat graces us with his presence
got DBZ season 1 and 2 on blu ray from the GF for valentines day. been watching them pretty steadily throughout the week. I think the first half of the frieza arc (namek saga and first most of the captain Ginyu ) is probably the best storytelling/most interesting (excluding major battles i.e frieza, cell, buu) part of the show to watch. it's fun to see three different parties all on namek all searching for the same thing with none of them knowing the full story as to who else is there and what everyones intentions are. Everyone is in the dark to most of whats going on and it makes for a really interesting watch.

got DBZ season 1 and 2 on blu ray from the GF for valentines day.
I remember when Battle of the Gods was out. I wanted to watch it while my gf was at work because I didn't expect anything but for her to dislike it. We ended up watching it together instead and she loved it. Pretty sure she watched almost all of DB and DBZ since then.  Cool stuff. 

And I really agree with you on the frieza arc. I also loved how many characters (especially villains) there were. Which made me constantly wonder how a clash between two certain characters would turn out.

Power was such a mystery factor. And it was interesting how certain battles turned out against your expectations. Especially Vegeta's involvement in the whole ordeal (from winning from Dodoria to losing from Zarbon, to winning from Zarbon, to getting wrecked by recoome, to pretty much killing the entire ginyu force by himself) 'Power' in general in DBZ became kinda meaningless over time, and tends to follow the same clichematic formula for pretty much every fight or new villain that's introduced, imo. 

got DBZ season 1 and 2 on blu ray from the GF for valentines day.
I remember when Battle of the Gods was out. I wanted to watch it while my gf was at work because I didn't expect anything but for her to dislike it. We ended up watching it together instead and she loved it. Pretty sure she watched almost all of DB and DBZ since then.  Cool stuff. 

And I really agree with you on the frieza arc. I also loved how many characters (especially villains) there were. Which made me constantly wonder how a clash between two certain characters would turn out.

Power was such a mystery factor. And it was interesting how certain battles turned out against your expectations. Especially Vegeta's involvement in the whole ordeal (from winning from Dodoria to losing from Zarbon, to winning from Zarbon, to getting wrecked by recoome, to pretty much killing the entire ginyu force by himself) 'Power' in general in DBZ became kinda meaningless over time, and tends to follow the same clichematic formula for pretty much every fight or new villain that's introduced, imo. 

totally agree with the bold. It was always a cat and mouse game of who could hide their power level and who really had the strongest, especially early on when krillin/gohan knew vegeta was there and had to hide from him. then when they were fighting frieza's goons before the ginyu force (cui and zarbon i think?) really interesting stuff. then it sort of turned into "oh my gosh this new enemy has the strongest power ive ever felt I need to get stronger *gets stronger, beats opponent* *new opponent shows up* *repeat formula*".  Now that's not a bad thing per say, and it definitely led to some pretty spectacular fights (cell vs ssj2 gohan is still like the greatest moment of my childhood) but the show never really had that power hiding dynamic or really even sub plot dynamic that the frieza arc has. IMO of course.

Fuck I'd be happy as hell if I found a girl who was into dragonball as much as I am.  Lucky fellows.