HoyXX MCC Leftovers #1 - Edited by BL4CKOUT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0cXssDjScs&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy, montage 1 coming soon.

Thanks to BL4CKOUT for the editing.

2nd best sound track to a montage i've ever heard.

shout out to chitown drill muisc. lil bibby and montanna of 300 in a halo video less go.

I was born in Chicago, all I listen to is trap. Herbo, Bibby, King Louie, LA, Rondo, all of them, just not many people like it, so i can't use it in full tages.
Fuck what other people like, use whatever tracks you want.  Good vid.
Yeah, you're right. But I do like other genres, just want others to enjoy my videos, and myself ofcourse. And thanks fam!

I was born in Chicago, all I listen to is trap. Herbo, Bibby, King Louie, LA, Rondo, all of them, just not many people like it, so i can't use it in full tages.

for the most part only chicago people like drill music haha.  you dont fuck with lil durk? 

i made a hl to drill song as well haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7vsLBZ9xxg

2nd best sound track to a montage i've ever heard.

shout out to chitown drill muisc. lil bibby and montanna of 300 in a halo video less go.

Yeah I listen to so much King Louie its ridiculous, Drilluminati yes

Fuck what other people like, use whatever tracks you want.  Good vid.

Exactly, I used to be really worried that people wouldnt like the music in my videos that I'd pick my music accordingly then I said fck it and its been wayy more fun editing ever since. But I think Halo is the only FPS where traptages arent a thing yet

I fuck with Durk, Fredo, legit every chicago rapper.

blackout my favorite editior right now.

Good shit on the vid guys

much appreciated man

forreal blackout is also becoming one of my favorite editors on terms of how much he releases and his style. i fuck with a lil chief keef but im from det so nobody really fucks with "drill" out here, but these edits are fresh maynee. id like to see you edit to some dilla or something though

and hoy those clips were pretty sick for leftovers, wish you wouldnt of showed me ya m1 clips when i met you in MM that one day though. keep em secret man!

Clips were great and i hate to be the bad egg but the editing is just obnoxious. There are obviously very cool aspects of the editing (Really liked the look down text) but overall the constant displacement effects have zero artistic value and do nothing to make the clips stand out. I want to watch more of your videos but i feel like i'm more likely to have a seizure than to experience entertainment.

It's very obvious that you know what you're doing and it's cool you have your own style, but some of your choices flat out make the video unwatchable for me - not that i don't want to, i just literally start getting headaches from all the pointless displacement/jitter effects in your edits. There's over-editing and then there's editing that isn't watchable, and for me personally this is editing that just isn't watchable. It'd be really awesome to see you come through on a super smooth experimental edit instead of the constant, choppy, glitchy, displaced, shaking stuff you put in every video. Like i said, you clearly have great editing skills so why not put them to their full potential?

The edit makes this video pretty unwatchable. No sound fx with heavy songs, jarring effects that don't fit, terrible glow. Idk sorry man, you're style is just really boring.

The edit makes this video pretty unwatchable. No sound fx with heavy songs, jarring effects that don't fit, terrible glow. Idk sorry man, you're style is just really boring.

Damn that sounds exactly like something I would say.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, some people may not like it, but i do, and at the end of the day, that's why we all started making videos, to be proud of our own accomplishments. Thanks guys. <3

1. The sound was off in the original clips, thats why theres no back track to them.

2. Explain your definition of jarring effects.

3. There's a difference between glow and diffusion. 

4. I like how you comment on videos that have nearly zero editing aside from syncing clips saying its good but when it comes to something that involves me or a video that actually has detailed vfx work you try and hate on it. Lol idk man, its just funny to me because from what I've seen the only thing you know how to do is cross dissolve transitions and slow 30fps footage. But, that's just my take on it. 

Killer ..... wish my twixtor would work as well as this :( was pretty entertaining to watch though, nice one

1. The sound was off in the original clips, thats why theres no back track to them.

2. Explain your definition of jarring effects.

3. There's a difference between glow and diffusion. 

4. I like how you comment on videos that have nearly zero editing aside from syncing clips saying its good but when it comes to something that involves me or a video that actually has detailed vfx work you try and hate on it. Lol idk man, its just funny to me because from what I've seen the only thing you know how to do is cross dissolve transitions and slow 30fps footage. But, that's just my take on it. 

1. Learn how to use sound fx, not just the original audio in the clip. Thats just you being lazy since almost everyone who edits uses fx instead of in game audio.

2. Jarring as in, almost none of the cuts and effects were used at any rate that helped the video move itself along. Its like you just saw a sync point and said well fuck I need to put something here. Jarring as in it took you out of the flow of the video.

3. It still creates a shitty glow effect regardless.

4. You dont understand what the definition of editing is if you think a video is "how many shitty effects can I fit in my timeline that dont help this video or look good at all". If i wasnt on my phone id give you numerous examples of what can be done when someone tries to create a heavy stylzied edit. Those videos that have "barely any editing" such as most of the lit videos or kayemxs new video.....acutally have flow and thats something you havent accomplished in any of your edits. A smooth flow is the most important part of editing by far. Also lol at you trying to dog my edits because i dont hound my videos with shitty jarring out of place effects. Youll understand one day when you get better at editing that these videos suck and there is nothing wrong with that. Go watch some heavy fx videos and learn to do it right. Some great examples for halo are Jordans/GTS/Sores edits. 

Edit: My post came off kind of mean when I didn't really try to make it that way. By saying "youll look back and see that these videos suck" is what everyone goes through when they first start editing. I'm sure if you stick with it you will get better as well.

For Blackout.

Everyone starts somewhere so I'm not going to go into full 100% dissection mode. Just want to give you some tips if my opinion is worth taking seriously.  

For a fast paced drill track like this, I wouldn't have any slow motion shots because it just kills the flow. A fast song like this deserves to show off the fast gameplay and some quick cuts. Think of it as slow motion footage going to Metallica music for example, it wouldn't work. It would look like the track and footage are from two separate videos. If there were fast footage to the rock music then it would make a lot more sense considering it's supposed to be intense. Horrible example but you get it I'm sure.

For syncing, you never want to force a sync like Wanny mentioned. I always try to let the gameplay sync itself rather than putting in random cuts to go with the track. It's kind of like I want to make it look like I'm not trying to manually sync each clip. 39 seconds - 43 seconds is what I mean by forcing a sync. Nothing's going on worth syncing the gameplay other than him switching weapons which is never worth looking at for more than 2 seconds. There are multiple clips like this that should have started/cut way later when the actual clip begins (when he shoots the first guy), which leads me to my next point, trimming.

Trimming is the most boring (imo) but one of the most important factors to editing. At 1:09, you let the clip play for 12 seconds before he even gets a kill. This shows him missing shots, nade kills, and just walking which no one cares to see and wastes music time.  There are multiple clips like this in this tage and you could literally save almost a minute of music time to fit more clips if you cut them properly, which means giving them around 2 seconds of running or whatever until they get the first shot. I always would get the compliment of "he makes my gameplay look better than it actually is" simply due to trimming the clips properly and taking out missed shots and boring parts without making it extremely noticeable (sniper bullet smoke from missed shot still in the air) when they get their kills.

As far as effects, I can tell you're experimenting which is great, that's the best way to learn. If you're so in love with the distortion/displacement map effect then I would use that to your advantage and key it to the music, rather than laying it on top of the clip to play out. In my "Into the tranQ" trailer I used that a couple of times but only to relevant times such as the distorted radio sound.  This is a bad track to talk about this since the bass rides out instead of having solid hits but you get what I'm saying.  Twixtor has always just been a sloppy effect to slow down time unless it's done so well to where there's barely any distortion, which is rare for a game like Halo. Try to get your hands on some 60fps MCC footage and you'll see how much cleaner of a difference just slowing 60fps footage down is compared to using Twixtor. 

Color correction is always a touchy thing to deal with especially for a game like Halo where the maps are all different colors and brightnesses. The best tip I can give for color correction is to pick your style for the video and go with it. You never want to have all of these different harsh colors for different clips because it looks sloppy and unplanned. I would pick a certain color scheme you think would look good to go with the music and change the brightness/darkness of it every now and then since some maps are really bright and others are dark.  Never go with the blurred corners, it will just never look good, ever.

Hope this helps you in some way and keep practicing man.