History of Halo 2 Montage Progression Project

I remember we put some thought into this back then, it was @Brooney taking point on this. All credit goes to him. this was from a few years back, 2013/14 I think. 

Just found it in a google doc and figured might as well post it up before it's forgotten, perhaps it could lead to something sometime.

The idea was a timeline of Halo 2 Montages, going from year to year capturing the trends and evolution and visualizing it with the most classic moments from the most impactful montages. Obv most evolution happened in 05/06. We were just getting into it but we had a lot of projects going at the time and this one required more thought and fact-checking than others and depended on a committed editor so it fell by the wayside.

General Concept:

• Before showing the footage from a certain year make a screen say (eg) 2008 and say what happened that year. Like Halo 3's release caused a dip in Halo 2 montages onward, Rise of HD footage and theater in h3 which also called for better quality and theater in h2 (using h2v)
  • 25-40 seconds of each video.
  • Pick the best and most memorable parts and we'll discuss it together, this is supposed to be nostalgic for as many possible. Like the Spartan flying through the screen transition in Trinity.
  • Funtages will be very difficult as they vary in gameplay genre almost between every clip, so we need to focus on music and the power of the beats etc. Beginning of final song in Dead Serious Tage is a good example.
  • Wrapping the entire thing up with Midpoints victory lap?

Info per Montage

• Comment about the montage. (Preferably scrolling.)
  • Release Date
  • Player[s] + editor[s] or/and editing group.
  • (situational) Montage Contest #[?] entry and position/round finish.

We need an Editor

• Must be reliable and productive.  Our job is to have [B][U]everything[/U][/B] ready on the table when he starts on this.
  • Must have fast internet so he won't lose too much time on downloading and uploading.

Comments and information about video or year.

Second step will be deciding the parts so an editor can begin on this.

Nakamura M1 - Basically the brother video to Rippons video. The same things said above about Rippons m1 could also apply to naka's video. I think in terms of going viral, Naka's was more widespread outside of h2f.

showed kills on pros, skill oriented, Rage Against the Machine as go-to montage music

• Walka - Str8 Rippin (February 23rd)

showed kills on pros, skill oriented, Rage Against the Machine as go-to montage music

• Rippon's Halo 2 Montage[/B] (March 2nd)

First ever Halo montage that has gone viral. Seen as one of the most important montages of all time. The Montage that put halo2forum.com on the map 

• Ogre's Dualtage[/B] (April 1st)
    ???? It's classic because Ogres. Walka and Rippon are better and more influential

• VrBas - Montage 3[/B] (May 30th)

Created a character out of playing as an Elite

Part of the Epic Music soundtrack revolution

• Dymdez - Montage 2[/B] (July 31st [?])

[*]Winner of TheHaloForum's first montage contest.

Edited by ForzaWillza

First to have the 'locating players/editors on map' concept

• TheHaloGod - Untouchable[/B] (August 9th)

[*]Probably the most watched montage of all time. Topping classics like Str8 Rippin Halo 3 montage and Phurion & Fluxy dualtage. No official number on total views, but it's in the millions.

MONTAGE CONTEST 3 ANNOUNCED (OCTOBER 15TH)[/I][/B]

• Bitchnbull - BullXRape[/B] (November 10th)

Took gameplay to a new level with 10 sensitivity with spectacular fast paced gameplay. This montage showed that gameplay still had a lot more to offer.

A Montage Maker with a strong and oft quoted opinion on playing the game and Montage Making. For example minimal editing to show off the true clip.  [B][U][COLOR="Red"][cant find the most well known quote for some fucking reason] [/COLOR][/U][/B]

• TitanVIII - Montage 4[/B] (November 25th)

Along with a few others TitanVIII took editing to new heights, his over the top style of editing fitting with his signature epic soundtracks.

e.g. multiple screens, use of glows and blurs

• Peridious Frag Collection[/B] (December 7th)

MONTAGE CONTEST 4 ANNOUNCED (DECEMBER 29TH)[/I][/B]

• rS Shook on3 - Fragging Rights[/B] (March 17th)

the first halo montage ever to use a third person angle  (0:50 and response)

- I agree with the import that Fragging Rights brings but i think shook's m3 is his most influential video in terms of bridging the gap between pro player and montager. Naka and Rippon were top 8 players in 2005 but i don't think most people look at them, or their first halo 2 videos, through that "pro player" lens. Conversely, the Walka, hotshy, ogre's etc. videos that came before shook's m3 had the "strictly pro" essence that separated them from standard montages. I think after his m3 a lot of people began to view shook on3 as a "people's champion" of sorts: a pro player AND montage kid. In that regard, his m3 really captured his essence the best out of all his videos. I'd also reference The Revolution just because it's objectively his best overall video. - Date on shook's m3?

Showed off the start of the immense popularity of halo 2 in competitive gaming (start tv appearance)

• ItWasLuck - Montage 5[/B] (April 7th)

First place in Montage Contest 4.

• Reid18 - Montage 4[/B] (April 24th)

[*]One of the most well known sticks at 5:30. The start of the signature funky high energy editing style and great sticks that would be perfected in his 5th.

Second place in Montage Contest 4.

• TheHaloGod - Stick to Your Roots[/B] (May 5th)

Even though Untouchable was TheHaloGod's most popular video, Stick to Your Roots was his masterpiece, everything in the music is synchronized to something. On top of it all, the soundtrack was made by his roomate.

• ABUSEDGOAT - Overkill[/B] (May 8th)

Overkill, ABUSEDGOAT'S fourth. Was his absolute breakthrough video to the montage scene. An unseen number of multikills being counted on the bottom of the screen causing huge commotion at the time. It was an instant classic.

• Nervous Ninja, JangaDance, Dapill - Gauss :: Edited by Nervous Ninja[/B] (June 4th)

[*]An underrated and very original montage featuring warthog gameplay on a high level, this was something people hadn't seen before and it can still be considered a good video by today's standards.

[*]MONTAGE CONTEST 5 ANNOUNCED (JULY 10TH)

• Eli The Ninja - Montage 1[/B] (July 15th)

[*]Not a big name anymore, but what Eli The Ninja delivered with his very first montage was astonishing. Very few players had mastered double shots in mid 2006, Eli The Ninja pulled doubleshots off effortlessly against pros.

• Walshy - Montage 2 :: Edited by Peridious[/B] (August 18th)

[*]Walshy's second Halo montage raised the bar of Halo montages in both pro gameplay and editing zones. This montage is among the all time greats.

Moment; 1:18  - 1:49

• The Pink Elite Montage 1[/B] (September 5th)

The video to best fit the criteria of a 'funtage' along with the DST.

This is why you wanted H2F members on your Friends List; they knew how to have a good old time and capture it forever.

One of the most emulated in-game concepts in montage history, many silly elite videos followed.

• OscarMayerNinja - Oblivion[/B] (October 17th)

OMN did something not many of us did, and he did it a lot.

Real life footage took people from a casual fan to feeling genuinely connected to this guy, especially because he was such a goof.

His Behind The Montage video is another classic example.

• Reid18 - Nubtage :: Noobs[/B] (November 7th)

Phurion The Oldschool did it first http://www.halo2forum.com/showthread.php?t=90695 but wasnt as big of a video.

Reid's nubtage was the first huge hit of a video that separated social gameplay from more competitive clips without labeling them leftovers. A fully edited video with amazing clips on nubs you could enjoy because that was the premise. Not an original concept (e.g. Phurion's The Oldschool is referenced by the font of the title) but certainly perfected for the first time.

• Chris the Hippie M4  (Nov 10)

Music video and montage mixed up + a secret message hidden in frames

• BabyGoose M2 (GooseXRape) - edited by Obscure Terror (start of November)
  • Talent - Under The Influence :: Edited by Halzred[/B] (December 2nd)
  • Phalanx & Ephrum - Dualtage[/B] (December 7th)
  • Phobophobia[/B] (December 12)
  • ABUSEDGOAT - Megamix[/B] (December 12th)

• Reid18 - Montage 5[/B] (December 17th)

Montage Contest 5 Winner.

• Gun Sh0t - Montage 2[/B] (December 25th)

Second Place in Montage Contest 5.

King has a couple videos up there but i think he should be mentioned specifically. He's essentially the face of "Over-Editing" in 2007. I don't consider him to be as good as Zola or as prolific as Phurion during the golden age but he had a ton of big projects and the memorable over-edit style.

I'd include The Wicked End in 2007 discussion. Two forum kids who made videos, and became pro players, coming together to make a masterpiece with Phurion. In terms of known/pro competitive gameplay I think this video is at or near the top of the list - I think Eli's part specifically should be considered one of the best individual segments in halo 2 montage history.

• ItWasLuck - Montage 6[/B] (January 1st)

• Callouse and Nastadon - H3F Modtage :: Mod video[/B] (January 26th) [IDK if right title?)

• ThePanzerGnome - Nostalgia (Edied by Senix)[/B] (January 6th)
  • Shook on3 - Revolution (Februari)
  • Mgs1Snake  H2M2 - edited by Obscure Terror and KSP SRT a.k.a LetterZ  (Early 07)

• Yasha and Buddha Crane - Jumping is teh suck[/B] (March 3rd) [Jumpvid]

• Transcendence :: Jumpvid[/B] (March 7th)

• Phurion - Eclectic[/B] (April 25th)

• Icy and Falcon - Bellow Average :: 1v1[/B] (May 3rd)

• The Dead Serious Tage :: SirTopEmHat, Wes2000, MeetMrUrlacher[/B] (June 6th)

Third Place in Montage Contest 6

• Lithium M2 - edited by Obscure Terror (July) 
  • Kraynium - One :: Edited by VA Blackhawk :: 1v1[/B] (August 2nd)

• Tweak - The Riot :: 1v1[/B] (August 13th)

• Trinity :: Tensor, Fragtality, Sheney - Edited by Zola[/B] (September 10th)

Second Place in Montage Contest 6

• ABUSEDGOAT - Final Montage[/B] (September 25th)

• The Finale - Phurion, KBlocker, iDrako, KFost[/B] (October 17th)

Winner of Montage Contest 6

• Bradddddddddddd - Final Montage[/B] (November 13th)

• A Halo 2 Tribute - November 19, 2007[/B]

First montage that was entirely made in Halo 2's campaign. Featured sticks that could not be done in Multiplayer because of the huge environments in campaign. Clips like 540 snipes and use of computer AI made it unique as well.

• Midpoint - A Gamer Grows Up [/B] (November 26th)

Your entire Halo experience put into a ten minute video. The outro credits are still one of a kind even today - midpoint has no scrolling credits, he made his own soundtrack and rapping the credits himself. This montage didn't win any awards or go viral. But those who were around back then, watch this before anything else. Because it takes them back.

• Callous and Nastadon - Modtage 2 :: Mod video[/B] (November 28th)

Reflect The Storm should be included in 2008 discussion. Without a doubt the best non-pro true competitive gameplay post 2007. In my mind this was the last no secondary/no fast spawn/8 man max montage that came out before pretty much all FFA gameplay became either insta, +8, secondary, no nade or some combination of those. Plus the video is a flawless edit.

• Lithium and Overshield - Best of Both World - (Jan 17th)
  • Phurion - Progression
  • Big Balles - Reflect the storm - Edited by Phurion  (May 9th)
  • Dusst - Montage 5[/B] (August 8th)

• Flavor - Phenomenom :: 1v1[/B] (October 16th)
  • Salaya - Break the Monotony

I think in terms of gameplay this is where a lot of rapid advancements in gameplay happened because alternative gameplay settings became less taboo. Since the concept is about the evolution of videos, i'd include guys like ProShot, Rula, Def1ant, Kyle is simple, Blazin etc. because they did things in these years that won't ever be replicated in terms of dexterity.

•  Rhis - Bliss (June 30th) 
  • Callous & Nastadon - The Third Modtage :: Mod video[/B] (June 25th)

• Gary UK - Rush :: Jump video[/B] (August 10th :: Announced 11th)
  • Kad3xPwns - the 2v2 tage - edited by Rhis (October)

Halo 2 goes offline on xbl, rise of xbc and h2v and farewell/final montages

• Blazin - Already Over[/B] (January 31st)
button combos reach next level (what about mr butter fuzz dualtage earlier?)

• Team Zenith - Z2 :: Jump video[/B] (March 10th)

• ManchesterUtd - The Red Devil[/B] (May 12th)

Great theater use in H2, also the top of the line as far as pure montage kid type gp goes. GTS pretty much dominates this era as far as editing evolution in h2.

• Jered8laze - RIP Jered8laze (april 10th) 

• b2p :: Edited by GTS :: 1v1[/B] (August 19th)

• KBlocker - Memento[/B] (March 25th)

• Rhis + KayEmX - illcomposed :: Edited by GTS[/B] (May 5th)

XBC and H2V videos 

something by sk0ls

• Toxic Euphoria's Halo 2 Montage[/B] (August 29th)
    Holy batman doubleshots

• Kiko - Rysuke

H2V at its best)

• sk0ls - IM III 

2nd place montage contest, h2 videos still competitive entertainment wise, XBC video makes it big)

• Lil Hustla - Augment

MCC is a thang now, 10 years after

• Hyena - Supreme Demonstration - edited by Wonderlvn (Sep 30th)
  • Blazin - Chasing Shadows - edited by Halzred (October 21st)
  • Lost in Time - Remission - edited by Zentz production / VA Blackhawk (october 24th)

HALZRED RETURNS BEASTMODE

• Hyena - Wizard (people are wizards now)

Ah I remember this. One day we'll get something going around it ;)

Not sure if you want suggestions or not but here are some other videos that should be included/used to supplement what you already have for some videos/montagers:

Nakamura M1 - Basically the brother video to Rippons video. The same things said above about Rippons m1 could also apply to naka's video. I think in terms of going viral, Naka's was more widespread outside of h2f.

I'd consider talking about Dymdez m1 along with his m2 just because that video is so fucking good.

Reign Of Chaos needs to be included. Awesome video all around and super influential

I agree with the import that Fragging Rights brings but i think shook's m3 is his most influential video in terms of bridging the gap between pro player and montager. Naka and Rippon were top 8 players in 2005 but i don't think most people look at them, or their first halo 2 videos, through that "pro player" lens. Conversely, the Walka, hotshy, ogre's etc. videos that came before shook's m3 had the "strictly pro" essence that separated them from standard montages. I think after his m3 a lot of people began to view shook on3 as a "people's champion" of sorts: a pro player AND montage kid. In that regard, his m3 really captured his essence the best out of all his videos. I'd also reference The Revolution just because it's objectively his best overall video.

I'd include BabyGoose's Second, Lithium's m2 and mgs1snake's m2 in direct reference to Obscure terror who was a great editing influence on a lot of people, myself included. Plus all three videos are fucking awesome. I think overall, you knew you were watching an obscure video without seeing his name or the title of the video. He was one of the first editors in my mind to really have his own unique approach/style to editing.
King has a couple videos up there but i think he should be mentioned specifically. He's essentially the face of "Over-Editing" in 2007. I don't consider him to be as good as Zola or as prolific as Phurion during the golden age but he had a ton of big projects and the memorable over-edit style.

I'd include The Wicked End in 2007 discussion. Two forum kids who made videos, and became pro players, coming together to make a masterpiece with Phurion. In terms of known/pro competitive gameplay I think this video is at or near the top of the list - I think Eli's part specifically should be considered one of the best individual segments in halo 2 montage history.

Reflect The Storm should be included in 2008 discussion. Without a doubt the best non-pro true competitive gameplay post 2007. In my mind this was the last no secondary/no fast spawn/8 man max montage that came out before pretty much all FFA gameplay became either insta, +8, secondary, no nade or some combination of those. Plus the video is a flawless edit.

2008/2009 overall is painfully empty. Progression needs to be up there, along with like 9 other Phurion videos. I think in terms of gameplay this is where a lot of rapid advancements in gameplay happened because alternative gameplay settings became less taboo. Since the concept is about the evolution of videos, i'd include guys like ProShot, Rula, Def1ant, Kyle is simple, Blazin etc. because they did things in these years that won't ever be replicated in terms of dexterity. There's also a ton of other mainstays in the h2v section deserving of a shout at the least: Some of my favorite videos from Rhis came out in these years and Kad3 had like 7+ montages come out that were all fucking awesome and in traditional kad3 style. I think all the above players should be referenced, if not singled out. Plus they were making videos and doing all this shit when there was almost no chance of an h2 video getting frontpaged or any other serious attention, Which is ironic because if they got released now they'd blow pretty much everything from h2c on MCC away minus a handful of videos.

I'd recommend Kurtiz 2006 and 2007 montages as well strictly in terms of gameplay and popularizing RRBX.

Supreme Demonstration.

Chasing Shadows should also be included in the MCC era. Taking my personal bias into account, i consider this the best MCC montage overall so far. I think Chris, though his gameplay is obviously different from 2008-2010, is the closest of any montager to staying on the level he was on before Halo 2 got shut down. No one is as good clip wise as they were from Old Halo 2 but i think Chris is the closest and should be commended for continuing to get diverse and insane gameplay despite the games flaws.

Also:

Matt Dundas.

Best Of Both Worlds is another must include in terms of evolution/progression.

i literally could be here all night.

I'll fight anybody that doesn't agree that Phurion's 1v1 Montage 2 was the most influential tage of all time. So many montage kids devoted/wasted time doing terrible things in 1v1 after that, probably set the montage scene back a year lol.

I like the (somewhat) brevity of the list but I think it can be trimmed, and a ton more tages can be added to 08-09.
Great additions sk0ls, i feel bad for not having RoC in there yet as well as obscure's vids. I think I PMd you about this at the time but not sure. Phurions 1v1 m2 also for sure. Ill write your suggestions in sometime this week if i can find some time on a pc.
I thought silent tactics 1v1 montage was pretty amazing. Had some fresh stuff from what I remember. Think it kind of got lost in the crowd though. https://youtu.be/Chhr7jYMuqQ
Yea it got released way too late.

Yea it got released way too late.

too many good videos got thrown under the bus because of this.

Great additions sk0ls, i feel bad for not having RoC in there yet as well as obscure's vids. I think I PMd you about this at the time but not sure. Phurions 1v1 m2 also for sure. Ill write your suggestions in sometime this week if i can find some time on a pc.

I'll keep jogging my memory if it will help. I would be down to help with compiling the info and doing the *notations but i'm not sure i could do the actual editing part.

Why limit this to just H2 montages?
im guessing its because no other Halo game really set up and gave the halo montage community it's structure of what people like to see in Halo montages quite like Halo 2 did.  
True. Although I think this project would serve a better purpose if we just came up with an offical top 100 GOAT video list.
but that's already been done so many times already. even if it's "official" or not, people are gonna not gonna agree with all of it lol. plus no one's really done something like a history of the progression in H2 montaging, or at least i think so.
Well then it wouldn't be the history of H2 montage progression then, would it now!?

thanks for the write up sk0ls, just went on a journey :)

added a whole bunch, altho the real skill with this is to get the most important ones and show your point as to why they matter in a consize way, not to get a huge list. Still, you have to be complete to make the right decisions on what matters/who did what first. 

And yes, this is a progression video concept. Everything here is in reference to each other without value on it being better than something else. The problem (and fun) with top 100 lists is it places one video above another, and when it gets to being top 100 of all halo montages (not a specific game) the comparisons get further and further from making much sense. By and large its just personal preference on the order of the top X videos with a few rando's in there that resonated with you.. personally. Progressions lists can make sense, stick to a framework in which things are relevant or not and should result in something everyone can basically agree with and appreciate you for showing in a concise and entertaining way. So I think it'd be really cool, but it does take more fact checking and discussion.

If anyone wants to take initiative on this please do, I didnt want that list to disappear cuz I think its a really cool idea. 

What about the pink elite montage? I think that was the first "funtage" that was made. Maybe not, but it was the first montage I legitimately "lol'd" while watching.
its in there bruv! 
I think you could trim the list to about 30 tages as the most influential, including Halo 1, 2, & 3. Probably less. Would look pretty dope on a timeline.

And I disagree about not including Halo 3. I'd regard Calamity as one of the most influential videos, and that's not mentioning some good editing crossover that took place in H2 after H3's theater system changed the game.

Um, hello?

The Game?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMmNGJBjCx0

People are still talkin' about this montage TODAY.

thanks for the write up sk0ls, just went on a journey :)

added a whole bunch, altho the real skill with this is to get the most important ones and show your point as to why they matter in a consize way, not to get a huge list. Still, you have to be complete to make the right decisions on what matters/who did what first. 

And yes, this is a progression video concept. Everything here is in reference to each other without value on it being better than something else. The problem (and fun) with top 100 lists is it places one video above another, and when it gets to being top 100 of all halo montages (not a specific game) the comparisons get further and further from making much sense. By and large its just personal preference on the order of the top X videos with a few rando's in there that resonated with you.. personally. Progressions lists can make sense, stick to a framework in which things are relevant or not and should result in something everyone can basically agree with and appreciate you for showing in a concise and entertaining way. So I think it'd be really cool, but it does take more fact checking and discussion.

If anyone wants to take initiative on this please do, I didnt want that list to disappear cuz I think its a really cool idea. 

i think in terms of discussing progression you'd have a much more entertaining and enlightening video if you focused on trends as opposed to one stand alone video at a time - which is largely what i was referring to, especially in the 08/09 section. you have a lot of guys with similar playstyles making a lot of great content with clips that were going far beyond what i consider to be the "standard" from 06-07. That huge change in gameplay selection absolutely could be documented in under a minute while showcasing/discussing multiple players. You could discuss 07 basically as being heavily dominated by two types of montages: the known/competitive montage and the montager montages. You use Reflect the storm as the basis for one of the last competitive montages before the strong shift in gametype adjustment and then discuss 08/09 as one trend since all the videos are largely the same. cap it off with the "Final Era" Where i would discuss Luca, Already Over, Red Devil and Gravity which were the four "Finals" that pushed clip standard across the board to it's absolute peak. In the waning years it would be important to reference videos like Daze from kad3, which featured XBL gameplay but were released in 2011 (like Daze). Those types of videos were the only thing that kept halo going until h2v/xbc montages started popping up more frequently in 2012. - and there's another fundamental shift that took place during this time. On the XBC side of things there was largely a rejection of what most people consider "montaging" in favor of pure competitive gameplay, and i feel that continued on xbc until MCC's release. I would reference Rise by JDM to supplement that idea, along with immortal part 3 which were really the only two XBC videos from 2014 that got any sort of exposure but were also really important videos to the scene as a whole in my opinion.

MCC's release is marked by a hardcore reversion into traditional 06-07 gameplay, another very serious shift in h2 videos that's worth pointing out: Virtually everyone on the game besides Blazin, Hyena and a handful of others completely ignored the 2+ years of gameplay development in 08-10 and as a result the community got a ton of very average or bad videos with the notable exceptions being the kmx, stevis, lol tritage, tommy kosts montage, supreme, chasing shadows and maybe  2-3 other videos that were actually quality videos and worth watching. As opposed to having 7-8 videos over a couple months that were objectively good, we had 7-8 videos over the course of a year that were good. I think it's mostly a commentary on the game, but also the fact that alot of people just lost their passion to push the bar or grew out of montaging entirely which is something that also should be absolutely touched on. times changed and people changed and i don't think there's anything wrong with that. Alot of people gave up simply because the game was bad and as a result we had a small number of quality videos, but those videos happened to be very exceptional and in the case of chasing shadows and supreme you have to consider them some of the best halo 2 videos of all time. -also worth discussing in terms of progression.

just my take on how i would approach the chronicling were i to do it myself.

MCC's release is marked by a hardcore reversion into traditional 06-07 gameplay, another very serious shift in h2 videos that's worth pointing out: Virtually everyone on the game besides Blazin, Hyena and a handful of others completely ignored the 2+ years of gameplay development in 08-10 and as a result the community got a ton of very average or bad videos with the notable exceptions being the kmx, stevis, lol tritage, tommy kosts montage, supreme, chasing shadows and maybe  2-3 other videos that were actually quality videos and worth watching. As opposed to having 7-8 videos over a couple months that were objectively good, we had 7-8 videos over the course of a year that were good.

damn. this is very well said.

if were talking 1v1, Fr0zen has got to be in there somewhere.

if were talking 1v1, Fr0zen has got to be in there somewhere.

and J-Mayne.

yes for 1v1 fr0zen represents the understated, skill based gp vids the best. but for 1v1 theres also kloakz and perhaps also Dissastermayne by abreact.. you have to cut it off at some point.

I think we had the Icy and Falcon and Tweak vids cuz they also represent the QsK King era + the Riot is one of those mainly 1v1 but mix tages that came out a lot + it has nice angle work for its time. If you can capture multiple things in one vid thats a bonus. Obvi Phenomenon and Kryanium the on3 for taking it that far. Phuri 1v1 m2 for the most popular, really popularizing spawn trap sticking and perhaps for representing the 1v1 fun the best (game audio).

What about Willey2gr8 by phurion as an example of h2/h3 mix tages.

I was thinking, do we need a great example of good 'conventional' credits? or does Midpoint just cover that eventho its not conventional.

Reclamation deffy needs to be on there somewhere.

yes for 1v1 fr0zen represents the understated, skill based gp vids the best. but for 1v1 theres also kloakz and perhaps also Dissastermayne by abreact.. you have to cut it off at some point.

I think we had the Icy and Falcon and Tweak vids cuz they also represent the QsK King era + the Riot is one of those mainly 1v1 but mix tages that came out a lot + it has nice angle work for its time. If you can capture multiple things in one vid thats a bonus. Obvi Phenomenon and Kryanium the on3 for taking it that far. Phuri 1v1 m2 for the most popular, really popularizing spawn trap sticking and perhaps for representing the 1v1 fun the best (game audio).

What about Willey2gr8 by phurion as an example of h2/h3 mix tages.

I was thinking, do we need a great example of good 'conventional' credits? or does Midpoint just cover that eventho its not conventional.

I hear that Thizz guy put out some slept on top tier heat.

no love for Big Machine slater? tsk tsk. :( I heard Big Machine had some of the best 1v1 snipes there was.