Murder Mystery Machinima

I just made a new machinima video the other day and I would love for you all to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwXqVrxjieU

I quite liked the cinematics and the vehicle tracking. Is there a reason why you played the loop of shots twice in a row in the beginning?
Thanks! I'm really glad you liked it! The reason I showed the sequence twice in the beginning was to emphasize the importance of it. The sequence happens three times in total during the video, but it is not until the third time that we, (and the characters), see the truth.  Recently I read the book Walden by Henry David Thoreau and I remember there being times when it would take me three or more times, reading over the same lines, before I truly understood them.  One of my favorite lines from this book is "Not till we are lost, in other words not till we have lost the world, do we begin to find ourselves, and realize where we are and the infinite extent of our relations." (pg. 118) I tried to bring this quote to life in my video. The man who is looking for his brother's killer must travel vast landscapes and go through many trials before he finally learns the unsettling truth.  I guess, to answer your question, I'll put it this way. . . The first sequence is present tense. It is the actual murder taking place. The second sequence is the memory the brother takes on his journey of revenge. It is what he believed happened. Notice that during these sequences we never see the murderer. The third sequence at the end of the video is when the mystery is revealed. The truth is finally set free. I hope this rambling helped answer your question.

I feel like there's better ways to emphasize certain scenes than just replaying it twice.  You could have taken more time and chosen a better soundtrack with music that has high points in it to emphasize certain scenes.  You can also emphasize it through editing, using certain color correction techniques, for another example.  

Also, I don't get why the brother kills the victim in the first place, or why he just loses his memory.  You don't just suddenly forget that you murder someone, and he just does it for seemingly no reason.  It feels like one of these vids that would be better with proper dialogue.  I'd know because I've recently made one with a similar issue.