JERICHO H2C Montage 1

nice dubshot controller bozo

I'm calling a lot of people bozo now. It's like my new thing.

Not a great video to be honest didn't really see anything above a double or triple kill the whole time. There's some potential though.

"Looking forward to becoming the best doubleshot of all time in the future." - Jericho

Thanks for the criticism bro, you'll see more than triples in the second montage that is about to come out the next week i hope :)

Yo take some more time on your videos man. Putting out something every week or two just makes for a bunch of shitty videos. Seriously, I don't think a single good h2c vid has come out (including ryan's yea fuck you it wasn't good). All these "highlights" and shit are all hella bad.

:'(

I'm just saying man, everyone is putting single kills and double kills in their videos. Or like sword triples and just all nade-BR FFA tacs, etc.

Sure it's all "durr we did it for fun mannnn" but that doesn't make it good. I don't get good clips so that's why I haven't made any videos, I'm not just going to put some sub-par shit out just for the sake of making a video.

No hate really, but that's just how I've felt about all the H2 vids since MCC came out. Hustla being the exception since that kid is on a whole different level. I've seen a few of the ~*~LIT~*~ vids and whenever I go, "Okay damn, that was sick," I think literally every single time it's been Hustla when I look at the name/symbol

I'm just saying man, everyone is putting single kills and double kills in their videos. Or like sword triples and just all nade-BR FFA tacs, etc.

Sure it's all "durr we did it for fun mannnn" but that doesn't make it good. I don't get good clips so that's why I haven't made any videos, I'm not just going to put some sub-par shit out just for the sake of making a video.

No hate really, but that's just how I've felt about all the H2 vids since MCC came out. Hustla being the exception since that kid is on a whole different level. I've seen a few of the ~*~LIT~*~ vids and whenever I go, "Okay damn, that was sick," I think literally every single time it's been Hustla when I look at the name/symbol

Looks like we gotta step it up!

Not a great video to be honest didn't really see anything above a double or triple kill the whole time. There's some potential though.

"Looking forward to becoming the best doubleshot of all time in the future." - Jericho

Thanks for the criticism bro, you'll see more than triples in the second montage that is about to come out the next week i hope :)

Yo take some more time on your videos man. Putting out something every week or two just makes for a bunch of shitty videos. Seriously, I don't think a single good h2c vid has come out (including ryan's yea fuck you it wasn't good). All these "highlights" and shit are all hella bad.

You got the point bro. To be fair i texted in the credits the reason why i didn't have better clips but people here are too stupid to read and too focused on the modded controller bullshit argument. I have already stated that i made this gameplay in one month and a half when the game was still broken so i had to play custom game 1vs1 or ffa with 3-4 players with my friend cause i could rarelly find games into the MM. Now that TMCC is working i have got like 7-8 killtac and a frenzy already so i am pretty sure this second montage that is about to come out will have a better gameplay in it. And even this new tage is gonna be made on a 2 months gametime gameplay.

Jericho stop responding and trying to defend yourself so much, you aren't doing yourself any favors.

Also, for the rest of you posting in here calling the content awful and garbage (mostly part of one clan). I suggest you guys realize that this is essentially what you pump out every week, minus a few exceptions. If anyone in LiT were to post this video the responses would be 100x different. It's really sad to see some of you guys doing this. Props to don, balles, phurion and others not ganging up on this guy like the rest of you.

Yea I know my posts read like some hella flame shit, but I just can't take "weekend tages" anymore lol. Of course most of the vids get good reviews so obviously other people like them, but I kinda feel like the community at this point will take anything they can get. 

Also I know you guys aren't marketing your videos like they're Progression or The Wicked End or whatever, and that you're acknowledging the fact that they aren't blockbusters, but still. These videos would've gotten shit on if they got released back when people were actually making videos. I don't like how everyone seems to have thrown standards out the window just because they want to make a Halo 2 video again.

Hopefully it's just because this is the beginning. Maybe when 2 or 3 mind blowing videos get released people will be motivated to make products they can really stand behind and be proud of.

Yea I know my posts read like some hella flame shit, but I just can't take "weekend tages" anymore lol. Of course most of the vids get good reviews so obviously other people like them, but I kinda feel like the community at this point will take anything they can get. 

Also I know you guys aren't marketing your videos like they're Progression or The Wicked End or whatever, and that you're acknowledging the fact that they aren't blockbusters, but still. These videos would've gotten shit on if they got released back when people were actually making videos. I don't like how everyone seems to have thrown standards out the window just because they want to make a Halo 2 video again.

Hopefully it's just because this is the beginning. Maybe when 2 or 3 mind blowing videos get released people will be motivated to make products they can really stand behind and be proud of.

I am really attracted by old school montages like Rippon, Nakamura, Shook On3 etc etc, i hoped my idea of make one of those would have been good in 2015 but apparently it did not. I believe i received good criticism just from italians and other europeans but US people seems to have missed that kind of beauty from a tage.

I am really attracted by old school montages like Rippon, Nakamura, Shook On3 etc etc, i hoped my idea of make one of those would have been good in 2015 but apparently it did not. I believe i received good criticism just from italians and other europeans but US people seems to have missed that kind of beauty from a tage.

Old school vids were good because they were ground breaking for their time. You can't just say "Oh, Rippon had single kills and people liked it, I can just put single kills in mine and it's the same!"

Doesn't work that way.

I can't believe you guys are seriously going in to this. 
I mean, how many times has this guy shared his wonderfully interesting opinions and expiriences? 

isn't it obvious that he is either a huuuuge troll who really likes to push to the extreme, or a 12 year old with some serious issues lol
he's never going to break, he's always gonna add up the bullshit lol.

Even if he doesn't use a modded troller, his clips are still garbage.  

I am 22 and no thanks for how much you care about me but i am not insane nor i am trolling you. You guys are just idiots, thats what.

then that's even more sad hahaha

I'm not sure how lost in time got drawn into this at all, or why it's even in this discussion. Highlight videos are highlight videos. There are tiers of clips. Not every video has to be a hammer like in 06-07-08. Why is that? Because the entire landscape of montaging is different. You refer to the golden age when people would save clips for years trying to make the absolute best montage.... things just aren't like that anymore. There was only one way to do things and that mantra was largely influenced by the old forum. It worked back then because everyone was 13-18 and had an overwhelming amount of time to play and there was that childhood passion of actually caring and wanting to grow up to be the next eli or phurion.

How i approach lost's content is simple. Every clip has a place, large or small. It's 2015, we're all grown ups, we all have shit that we do outside of halo, which is natural, everyone has obligations. A lot of us don't have the time to devote to halo like we did when we were making our big videos. That leads into the whole concept of Lost In Time: It's a way to create content with your friends and have fun and work together, rather than slaving over getting clips by yourself.... the main goal there is being a youtube channel that steadily pours out accessible and watchable content as well as showcasing the more classic, intense and technical aspects of the games. It's for the benefit of old school players in the community and also new players that might be interested in CE/h2 etc. It's not about releasing some intense oldschool thf frontpage banger every week. It's just showing people CE and h2 on a regular basis trying to increase exposure for those games on youtube and in general. In order for those two games to survive as a medium on a larger scale (outside of the thf bubble) unfortunately some adaptation needs to occur. Highlights are a popular thing in all FPS content channels on youtube and we're just trying to keep things regular, rather than releasing 6 videos a year.

As far as your comment about highlight videos specifically, think of a montage clip curve: You have your hammers and then you have your fillers. I think of highlight videos as fillers between the bigger more top tier videos, which are starting to come to fruition. We put our highlights in on a weekly/bi-weekly basis, and that's stuff that's not that great, but has it's merits on some level. It's for people who like to watch halo and appreciate the little things. We don't approach our content as wanting to "be the best" or make the next wicked end, we just like to have fun and play halo together and i'm not sure when that became such an evil mission in life.

That being said, i hear your feedback and i understand that the highlight videos might be getting a little boring. We have a lot of big things in the works that are sure to impress and bring some oldschool flavor back. As a group we've agreed to donate a portion of all of our best stuff to team montages and Ball3s and Phurion are working on that project at the moment. I think once we establish our top standard through those videos then it will be incentive for the entire group to step up the rest of their clip standards.

What do you mean you're not sure how LIT got pulled into it, did you not read the thread? I said no good vids have been released, and Scace (who looks like he's in LIT) replied with a sad face, indicating he was sad at the comment since the LIT guys have released what, like 7+ videos and I said none of them were good. I know what a highlight video is, why are you trying to explain it to me? I said I didn't like them, not that I didn't know what they were. I said I knew you guys weren't claiming to be releasing god videos, I acknowledged that we're all aware of that. Not sure why you're telling me that like it's news. I was around back in the day, why are you lecturing me about something you already know I was present for?

Every clip has a place according to who? You? Cool, I don't agree with that. Neither of us is the authority, because there is no authority. Blah blah blah more words about how we aren't in high school anymore like anyone didn't already know that. Largely useless paragraph with nothing else to address.

I know what a filler is dude. You're treating me like I just hopped on the scene and it's straight up strange lol. Point is, absolutely nothing has been released that isn't a filler, which is the disappointment I was expressing. That's why I haven't released anything myself, since anything I would make would be a filler vid, which I don't think we need any more of (you guys saturate the scene enough as it is with those). I never claimed you should only make videos that set a new standard, not sure why you're talking as if I have. "not sure why that became such an evil mission" is that really how you're reading my posts? I've been more than reasonable and very clearly have been speaking for myself and not putting any of you guys down. Don't get offended and make it bigger than it is lol.

I don't doubt with 100 members you'll pull something amazing together. Especially because a decent chunk of your members get very impressive clips (I just haven't seen them). That being said, weekly vids with everyday, run of the mill clips are bad imo. I guess I'm just not your target audience. Not necessarily a bad thing, you can't please everyone and I'm just one of the people you haven't.

Just want to reiterate, there are zero ill feelings here. I'm fully capable of not liking a video and leaving it at that, I hope you're capable of not having your video liked and being able to leave it at that as well.

What do you mean you're not sure how LIT got pulled into it, did you not read the thread? I said no good vids have been released, and Scace (who looks like he's in LIT) replied with a sad face, indicating he was sad at the comment since the LIT guys have released what, like 7+ videos and I said none of them were good. I know what a highlight video is, why are you trying to explain it to me? I said I didn't like them, not that I didn't know what they were. I said I knew you guys weren't claiming to be releasing god videos, I acknowledged that we're all aware of that. Not sure why you're telling me that like it's news. I was around back in the day, why are you lecturing me about something you already know I was present for?

Every clip has a place according to who? You? Cool, I don't agree with that. Neither of us is the authority, because there is no authority. Blah blah blah more words about how we aren't in high school anymore like anyone didn't already know that. Largely useless paragraph with nothing else to address.

I know what a filler is dude. You're treating me like I just hopped on the scene and it's straight up strange lol. Point is, absolutely nothing has been released that isn't a filler, which is the disappointment I was expressing. That's why I haven't released anything myself, since anything I would make would be a filler vid, which I don't think we need any more of (you guys saturate the scene enough as it is with those). I never claimed you should only make videos that set a new standard, not sure why you're talking as if I have. "not sure why that became such an evil mission" is that really how you're reading my posts? I've been more than reasonable and very clearly have been speaking for myself and not putting any of you guys down. Don't get offended and make it bigger than it is lol.

I don't doubt with 100 members you'll pull something amazing together. Especially because a decent chunk of your members get very impressive clips (I just haven't seen them). That being said, weekly vids with everyday, run of the mill clips are bad imo. I guess I'm just not your target audience. Not necessarily a bad thing, you can't please everyone and I'm just one of the people you haven't.

Just want to reiterate, there are zero ill feelings here. I'm fully capable of not liking a video and leaving it at that, I hope you're capable of not having your video liked and being able to leave it at that as well.

You seemed a little confused that our videos weren't conforming to some prescribed aspiration for greatness so i did my best to explain that we just like to play halo and do what we can. I was only trying to help, i'm not sure what i said that got you riled up but it's clear what i said went missed. We just want to make videos, and whether they fit into the ever shrinking boxes of what's acceptable to others is something we can't control. My favorite videos i've ever made were the ones made with clips that you probably consider trash and it's a shame that you feel you can't enjoy a great passion unless you have a ton of great clips. Montaging is about your experience with halo, no matter what the caliber of that experience is. Seems like a waste to forego having fun with a project because you're worried that others won't perceive your clips a certain way.

Like i said in the above post. Your feedback was heard and i'll see what we can do.

That's chill man, I know what you guys are trying to do and the purpose of your channel etc. That's why I've never gone into any of the video threads talking about what I didn't like, since I'm aware it's just my personal preference. Still surprised you think I'm riled up though, am I seriously not allowed to calmly disagree and explain my thoughts/feelings? Come on man :/

For the record, it's not about how others perceive my supposed clips. It's how I see them. I wouldn't want to release a vid that I wasn't proud of, and if there are a bunch of filler, average clips, then I wouldn't be able to enjoy my own product.

That's chill man, I know what you guys are trying to do and the purpose of your channel etc. That's why I've never gone into any of the video threads talking about what I didn't like, since I'm aware it's just my personal preference. Still surprised you think I'm riled up though, am I seriously not allowed to calmly disagree and explain my thoughts/feelings? Come on man :/

For the record, it's not about how others perceive my supposed clips. It's how I see them. I wouldn't want to release a vid that I wasn't proud of, and if there are a bunch of filler, average clips, then I wouldn't be able to enjoy my own product.

you just seemed irritated that i tried to be helpful. I wasn't using that as an excuse to not listen to you, i'm not attacking your character or your opinion. The way you came across you sounded incredibly bothered that we were releasing highlight videos that were getting "undue" credit. That's the only issue i have with your stance is that you want make judgments about our group as a whole but you don't want to make any content on your own for whatever personal reasons you have. You have this ideal of what montages are and should be (everyone does and i don't mean that offensively) and this has been a really common factor in a lot of "OG" opinions/feedback that we've received. In my experience over the past several months with "OG" players they want to point fingers and raise their 2007 montage/competitive champions on pedestals as if their very existence as humans is linked to the ghosts of 05-07. I'm not saying you're doing that, and i obviously have a lot more respect for you than some of the people i've encountered on MCC. I just bring it up because at this point in time in the halo community it seems much more important to point fingers and sit in these little safety bubbles shrouded by the aura of the "golden age" rather than stand up and make content and try to make a new golden era. Obviously we can't get back to where we were all those years ago but i want to do my part to make the next year or so of gaming a productive one.

i'll admit it's a little trying doing this Lost In Time thing, and i didn't mean to single you out or make you feel like i was coming at you specifically. We receive a lot of hate and criticism on a daily basis and you're really one of the only people that's come out objectively and tried to give some feedback that's worth listening to... and like i said we absolutely hear it and i appreciate you being candid about the situation.

this thread is a clusterfuck.

This video is amazing I don't know what you guys are talking about. Was that Muse? Great choice.
Anyway, since this thread was clearly hijacked (I mean, duh), personally, I enjoy the LiT videos; but not in a sarcastic way, like really. You don't have to have a ton of multikills to make a good video IMO, I feel like everyone has their own play style and I enjoy seeing that. It's not like there's a ton of people making Halo vids these days like there used to be, so it's almost refreshing just to see good gameplay. And I want to say we as a whole should be more inviting to other people but given my history I'm definitely the last person to say that haha I was such a dick on the airguitar channel but it's still hella funny