Trevx64's Final Halo 3 Montage

Enjoy!

Intro by Shaunburrs: https://www.youtube.com/Shaun123YEAH
This is my final Halo 3 montage. I worked very hard spending a gross amount of hours getting clips for this montage. All of the clips in this video were in matchmaking on Halo: The Master Chief Collection. I would like to thank all of the people who have helped me in the making of this montage. Hopefully everyone will appreciate the clips and maybe try some of the spots for yourselves! :) Please look past the simple editing as I found it hard to edit the clips a lot without taking away from the gameplay. I struggled for months trying to find an editor to no avail. Thankfully Shaun came through last minute with the intro. Please like, comment, and share the video on YouTube if you enjoyed! I will be uploading dualtages and smaller videos in the future occasionally so look out for those!

Music:
Runnin' Down A Dream by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Peace of Mind by Boston
Fountain of Dreams by Tadashi Ikegami

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnci6zbhp2djxyk/Trevx64%27s%20Final%20Halo%203...

Game breaking, I don't know what else to say. You've gone above and beyond what anyone thought was possible, you've found ways to exit the maps actual boundaries. You're doing something nobody else is doing in a game that is turning a decade old next year... HOW THE FUCK?

I love your videos so much, I couldn't expect more if I tried. My mind is in pieces.

Front paged because it was fucking amazing.

I can already tell this is going to be sick because of the screenshot on the front page.

EWD.

Yeah dat shit was tight. 10/10

Haven't said that in years.

This reminded me of 2005 for a lot of reasons, mainly because of the similarities in map exploitation that used to be so popular back then that led to many a "glitchtage". Seeing these far more elaborate exploits used in matchmaking was very cool to watch. It just reminded me of the videos that got me into montaging, No-Scopes from far away, sticks from high above. This video is both a reminder of those simpler times as well as a landmark in the modernization and evolution of halo 3 montaging. Whether on purpose or not, it had a significant oldschool-newschool vibe which resonated with me. The technical aspects of some of these plays were mindblowing... the double grav lift play at the end, the valhalla banshee play as well as the longshore goose jump you did all stood out to me. Soundtrack was amazing both for my personal tastes and matching the footage.

To be able to make a 10 minute montage in 2015/2016 and have it not just be watchable but completely engrossing from start to finish is an incredible achievement, and this is likely one of the last great montages we'll see from the original trilogy. Awesome video in all aspects.

You seem like a fun person to play with... but extremely annoying to play against. Great montage, I could watch these types of videos all day.
Wow that was really...interesting.

Remember seeing some of your clips for this and they were crazy, can't wait to watch this when I get home EWD

Edit: Me & Hustla both just watched this in party chat, conversation consisted of "what the fuck", i knew the clips would be top notch but this was ludicrous, the amount of patience and dedication it must have took in getting these clips is astounding in itself, the construct power drain to spot to bait snipe may be my all time favourite Halo 3 clip, incredible, honestly there was not a bad clip in this video and the soundtrack and way it was present kept a smile on my face the whole time, as others have said, this may very well be the last great Halo 3 tage, what a way to go out though trev, Classic.

oh man i rewatched your last vid the other day after I thought I remembered it being good enough that it couldve been in Scaces top 10 of 2015. I ran out of high speed data and am on a train, so will likely watch this somewhere tonight (its 8am) looking forward to it.
This is seriously one of my favorite Halo montages of all time. Over 10 minutes and every single fucking clip is amazing. A true masterpiece this one, an instant classic indeed.

These are the type of videos which i've been missing for so long. Like others said: you made a halo montage which was entertaining over the complete length of 10 minutes. tbh you already got me at the first clip. I mean wtf: goose launch + midair rocket over into stick 241 trocity. Than of course these genius "out of the map"-tricks which were really impressive.  The pelican/goose-trick reminds me a little bit of the stuff what hambxne and i are trying to do in Reach. You deserve so many views for this.  Thank you for sharing the video. 

The video is blocked in germany. So i cant comment under the video :(

That was a refreshing watch! Can't imagine how much time and effort you must have invested in this. Incredible vid, man!
It was in my top 10 for a spell
Damn this was super super super impressive. My favorite clips had to be the intro trocity on standoff (like i don't recall anybody else even getting an overkill out of a goose launch, let alone a fucking trocity) and the epilogue powerdrain jump into double kill, i bet those kids were so confused. The soundtrack worked really really well too, gave it such an upbeat vibe. Can't believe you actually used fountain of dreams in a tage lmao, such a good song. Overall amazing job dude, you managed to release something truly memorable and unique in a time where h3 content is for the most part either non-existant or stagnant. Thanks for the shoutout too
i dont think i've ever been so impressed with a montage before in my life. that was some real amazing shit, man. it's awesome to see that even in 2015/2016, we're still finding out shit that i didnt even know was possible in Halo games. absolutely would watch it again many many times.
Awesome watch. First montage I didn't have to force myself to sit through in a while

Holy shit Trev, this was amazing.
I didn't know you could get out of the maps like that.

This was unreal. So many map exploits that I'd never even imagine were possible. Summed up in one word I'd say this was 'jolly', probably the most refreshing and fun video I've watched in quite some time.
Damn, this was incredibly cool. It's amazing to think that Halo 3 is 8-9 years old and people are still finding out how to do new stuff. This is the most creative H3 tage since Hyena's Final. It was cool watching you get through all those invisible walls and then not only tricking but getting kills from ridiculous places. My favorite clips were the Construct clip where you baited the enemy off the map and sniped him, the beginning mongoose trocity (!), and the Sandtrap wallglitch. This was really nice to watch and definitely didn't feel like 10 minutes. Crazy good job yo!

Everyone has been saying exactly what I've wanted to so instead I'll keep it simple: You deserve every bit of recognition that comes from this. You should be very proud of what you've done here. 

-1 for the pats shirt (still puts you at 10/10). Great job, man.

P.S. - You should try submitting this to Kotaku. I feel like this is very much up their alley and would make for great exposure.

Remember seeing some of your clips for this and they were crazy, can't wait to watch this when I get home EWD

Edit: Me & Hustla both just watched this in party chat, conversation consisted of "what the fuck", i knew the clips would be top notch but this was ludicrous, the amount of patience and dedication it must have took in getting these clips is astounding in itself, the construct power drain to spot to bait snipe may be my all time favourite Halo 3 clip, incredible, honestly there was not a bad clip in this video and the soundtrack and way it was present kept a smile on my face the whole time, as others have said, this may very well be the last great Halo 3 tage, what a way to go out though trev, Classic.

Thanks, Behr doubted me on that clip. I just told him that any typical sweaty MCC kid would chase a one shot off the map in a heartbeat if that meant an easy kill :P P.S. I had those weapon lowering clips before you uploaded, hive mind as you said in the past haha, you can make your weapons permanently stay invisible/distorted if you lower them right before the round ends. Thats what I did on the out-of-map longshore and last resort factory clips.

@Nv1ncible Thank you for the FP! Glad you enjoyed!

@sk0ls That comment means a lot! I remember loving to do glitches as a little boy on H2, I never learned any button combos though and my H2 skills (lol) didn't carry over from 2006 :(

@Marksman Thanks again Marksman, I'm glad you were there to watch some clips along the journey. I needed to show some people stuff after holding everything in for so long :D

@slater ohm Thanks for the support over the past 2 yrs or so :)

@LuckyDutch Thanks, we got to get a few people together so we can get a nice lil funtage/montage out

@Yumbles18 Fountain of Dreams and all of the Melee soundtrack are works of art.

@Hustla Thanks, there is always new stuff to find. A lot of these spots were on YT in hiding vids from like 2012 (the dedicated hiders) but most of them were never done online, just shown in forge. Some of them like the Avalanche double controller spot I did find and many of the methods are new so that getting to the spots in MM is reasonably possible. I wanted to expand on that Avalanche spot by having someone side flip a banshee on top of the base and try flying to an even further out of map spot, but never got around to it.

@Deany Yeah he told me that it reminded him of something he was doing. It's annoying in H3 because the only way I could get it to work was if I used two controllers (same connection), otherwise the person in the mongoose would just glitch right through the hornet.

Thanks Alen, Frezz, Dante, GinG, Lambee, HAble, and A Swanky Lemon!

Pls comment on YT too if you find time and enjoyed, I would appreciate it!

legend status

Everyone has been saying exactly what I've wanted to so instead I'll keep it simple: You deserve every bit of recognition that comes from this. You should be very proud of what you've done here. 

-1 for the pats shirt (still puts you at 10/10). Great job, man.

P.S. - You should try submitting this to Kotaku. I feel like this is very much up their alley and would make for great exposure.

Thanks for the recommendation! I honestly don't even follow football at all, my mom got that shirt for me :P I play soccer and run that's about it. Glad you enjoyed <3

h o l y  f u c k i n g  s h i t. this is amazing, instant classic for sure.

Damn

That was a quick fucking 10 minutes. Amazing shit.

Nice profile picture.
Gave me an idea.
Finally get some time to sit down and enjoy, fucking noice. Thanks for the entertainment man, love the creativity and the soundtrack.
This was super interesting. The spots you got to were phenomenal, plays themselves were nothing special although I understand the glitching to places on the map was clearly the main focus of the video. Were there any places you go to that were very cool but weren't able to get a kill from? Would be interested in seeing some more. Never seen the boundary breaking (among pretty much everything else in this video) done. Nice job. First halo montage longer than a few minutes I've watched in over a year, maybe 2 and it was completely amazing. 

legen - wait for it

wtf man, this was just stupid crazy. nothing new here, but you still deserve me mentioning it so here we go. holy shit dude this has to be one of the, if not the, best 'trick' montage ive ever seen. 10 minutes long and not a single dull clip. im just trying to imagine the amount of times you put so much effort into getting somewhere without result, and the dedication it took to get them eventually. Like, what a way to go man. This was fresh as fuck.

dary

Has to be the most fun to watch h3 tage out there

This was super interesting. The spots you got to were phenomenal, plays themselves were nothing special although I understand the glitching to places on the map was clearly the main focus of the video. Were there any places you go to that were very cool but weren't able to get a kill from? Would be interested in seeing some more. Never seen the boundary breaking (among pretty much everything else in this video) done. Nice job. First halo montage longer than a few minutes I've watched in over a year, maybe 2 and it was completely amazing. 

Yeah I did the best I could, thing is I would try these spots hundreds of times after practicing in forge for hours and hours so when I finally got to them it was difficult for me to get something great from such awkward places. Most of them I did get to multiple times just to keep improving the clip. You don't get too many opportunities on most of the spots since they are so resource heavy so I got what I got. I was more focused on trying to break the entire game in an enjoyable fashion haha. There is only one spot that I knew was possible and worthy of being in that I found, but honestly it would probably be near impossible to get the clip unless I was facing one person and I got fortunate getting to the spot on the one attempt I would have time for :P

DOOM is amazing. You play on PC? That or Quake live?
that was insane, i wasnt talking just now when you invited me because i was still watching lmao. that stick at 9:20 gave me a dwayne johnson

that was insane, i wasnt talking just now when you invited me because i was still watching lmao. that stick at 9:20 gave me a dwayne johnson

I got that clip the first time I ever tried that, it might've been the luckiest thing that's ever happened to me.

Just incredible, I played that game for too many years and didn't even know that was possible to do. Excellent video 10s all around!