"RESURGENCE" Gameplay by TWICH Edited by HALZRED *Video Uploaded*

(CLICK PICTURE FOR LINK)

Alright, I had a longer post that this written, but it's not currently available to me so I'm quickly going to throw this together.  This montage should have come out over a year and a half ago.  I'd originally planned it for 2011, but sadly things feel apart.  In the fall Halzred asked if I still had my gameplay, and it was pretty much as well timed as it could have been considering at that point I was planning on throwing the clips into After Effects to some Gorguts and calling it a day.  Unfortunately, it could not be finished in time for the contest, but it's much better like this than it would have been if it was rushed.  I had no real control over much beyond which clips made it in, and I will admit that the music is not something I'm all that fond of.  That being said I think it turned out great.  The title is a bit ironic in my opinion, as I have little motivation to remain active in the Halo community, being as I don't have an Xbox and that I don't plan on buying one, and that I haven't even played a Halo game in well over a year.  I'm pretty excited to have this out, and I can't understate how much I appreciate the work that went into this.

As one last thing, I still have a lot of footage lying around, around 30 teams/ffa clips I'd consider good enough, along with another 30 1v1 clips that didn't end up put out with that last video I released, so be on the lookout for one last thing from me, maybe.  That and a funtage that I still have not done much at all with in spite of having around 10 gigs of uncompressed footage for.  I had a good time playing Halo 2 Vista, even with its flaws, mostly due to the people I got to interact with and the things I was able to put out.  I'll respond to most of the posts of substance in the thread, and I hope you guys enjoy this.

- TWICH

That all being said, I think you should sit back and enjoy (if you already haven't). I recommend getting dangerously close to breaking your eardrums when watching. I'll get a download link tomorrow.

Enjoy

Despite what others have said I really dug the edit, had the vibe of your old videos but technically better, intro was although not fresh, really nice to watch, didn't have a problem with the edit at all I expected something like this although it may have been overkill at times, will rematch again later and comment more on GP etc, gj both of you though

I think honestly after a few rewatches if you had just picked a better song this would've been classic

2th

grab kids'n'wife'n'seat.

All hail Halzard.
Awesome, can't wait to see Twich's big project.

What is this, 2009? You can't make hype threads

#hyped

It's happening 

Alright then, pretty happy with this being out at last.  The thanks are listed below:

Brooney - You're probably the H2V player I've got the most respect for. You've consistently been one of the most upstanding players on H2V and people on the forums, along with being one of the most chill people I ever played with. You would have been such a terror if you had good ping.

Koko - I can't count the hours we just chatted on Teamspeak and played stupid games, but I will say that the idle chatting with you made me keep playing this game much longer than it would have. Saying that, it's obvious I consider you to among my favorite people in the community. Keep in touch.

Madvillan - One of my favorite people from H2V, always fun to chat with about whatever.

Hayzul - You made me laugh more than any other player in the community, your antics on Teamspeak made my day each time. It's really too bad that no-hud/high FOV video we tried to do was never finished.

Powah - You're in the same category as Brooney, your gameplay was always so fun to watch, and you were always incredibly fun to play with in spite of your obnoxiously high ping.

Thomas - It's too bad I don't talk with you much anymore, I really enjoyed all the 1v1s we played back in 2011 and that dualtage we made.

Oblivious Taco/Ryan - I do wish we could have made that dualtage we always talked about when I was still playing Halo 3 and owned an Xbox. I can't count the hours we played together, but it was a lot.

Faint - You were one of the cooler dudes playing H2V, I'm happy to have played as many games with you as I did.

Headhunter - You were one of the first people, if not the first person that I really played a lot of H2V with. Even though I played with you less as recording this calmed down, I'm happy you'd always come back, as you were fun to play with.

iKing809 - I played with you a lot and had a lot of fun with it. Fun times on Teamspeak too.

Reaper - I think I got more clips on you than anyone else, which is rather funny. Thanks for all the games.

Kantanomo & Supersniper - You two have done a stupid amount of good for H2V, and it's really appreciated.

Godscreation - I miss you. One of the earliest people that really got me playing more H2V.

MadClown - You were such a beast, it's too bad you didn't end up playing much.

Nepr - You don't play enough CS:GO.

Thizz - You really don't play enough CS:GO.

STA - I never see you around, but you still have huge thanks for that trailer you put out for me.

Stagga - We haven't played much of anything lately, so get back into CS:GO. Also I'm glad you didn't give up on H2V when you first started playing. (I still have that 15-0 tryhard game though, ha!)

Wattson - Many fun times were had playing fours and chatting on Teamspeak. It's too bad you couldn't record, though.

GTS - It's partly because of you this is coming out as late as it is, but also with as much gameplay as I was able to gather. I don't regret always trying to get you to edit it, even though it cost me time. You were always chill to chat with and shit, good luck with any more editing you do.

Mayhem - Thanks a ton for doing that 1v1 edit. You did an amazing job, and I really appreciate it.

HALZRED - Huge thanks for editing this. Nothing more to say, this may have not come out at all without you.

Shoutouts:

Alcom
Alen
Amanai
ANAKLN
AsK 1ce
AsK Anarchy
AsK Blazin
AsK Bunz
AsK Fallam
AsK Fury
AsK Habit
AsK Magic
AsK Rol3x
AsK Scuba
AsK Sun
AsK Twiztid
Atiemark
Axe Effect
Backfire
Balance
Burrrst
Easy
Enigma
Envious
Hable
Hable
Haze
iDK ParadoX
J2
JK
Konflict
Lucky
Mackn
Nicotine
NoVa
NZ
Phizzy
Phurion
Prodigy
Secretz
Shura
Shutout
Side Kick
Silent tactix
Smite
Soccer
Stobs
Stormcrow
Strafe
SupremeOrb
Thad
Toxiiczz
Uncut
Unscope
VA Blackhawk
Veggii
Wisdom
Woodscolby
Zebo
Zephaxa
Zhestal
Zildjian
ZpanX

Damn. Dug it, felt like I was at a club. Maybe a bit too much cropping, though?
First page!
Hype thread is hype
Sorry, I have been hitting road bumps. Still working on the uploading.
Other than Beau's final this is the only video i've been excited for in months. Very excited to see this epic video!

This makes it an official hype thread.

Delayed = Most hype. 

This makes it an official hype thread.

Delayed = Most hype. 

Promise I didn't mean for it to happen like this  lol

No sweat man! I hope the issues get ironed out ASAP. Very much looking forward to this.
Think you'll make my second favourite montages video with this one?
I hope so!
What a cocktease.
been seeing screenshots of this project for months now. IM FUCKIN HYPED HALZ

A little over an hour and we will be ready.

#sorryforthewait

Alright you savages, dig in.

Watching this shit, finally.

edit: FINALLY SOMEONE USES THAT INTRO SONG - which reminds me I need to start listening to m83 again

never thought i'd hear figure in a halo 2 video. this shit is HOT. I liked it. kinda hard to follow at times and seemed to lack focus on the gameplay, but it had it's own style and besides, i'm a fan of the music and the game, and the gameplay was sweet. it was enjoyable for me but I can see where these other dudes are coming from

twich, fantastic work man. the most enjoyable h2v gameplay I have seen since kikos later stuff.

halz, great work. we have missed you here and hope this isn't a one and done thing!

I'm going to be real blunt and I apologize.

Let me start off by saying I was really looking forward to this video, you edited one of my favorite halos of all time and I couldn't wait to watch this.

However I thought this was everything wrong with how a montage could be in 2015.

The intro was incredibly way too long, I just lost interest in the power source and what was happening to it. The effects were pretty well done in the intro though. The music, like I can't even picture hearing that and thinking, "this would make a good montage soundtrack". It's really the worst type of song you could have picked after hitting us with some hans zimmer type shit for 3 minutes. The edit was so distracting on literally every clip, I had no clue what the fuck was going on. Another questionable choice was the way you cropped the video, it looked ugly and it was even more distracting on top of the constant quick cuts, wave effects, shakes, distorts, etc. I honestly feel bad because you put a lot of effort into this, but I couldn't even describe to you one clip in that video. I really hope you make another project and not do this because I know you can be top tier.

4/10

I don't have nice things to say :(
lol, glad you all enjoyed it!
I'll be honest, my eyes fucking hurt and I feel dizzy from watching that.  I'm going to have to watch it in sections, intro was sweet though.  My eyes can't take more than a minute at a time of the body atm. 
gameplay was real nice, not gonna lie, but i think everything else about it didn't really go together well. a 3 minute "epic" type of intro just to hear loud buzzing dubstep next for 5 minutes just doesn't fit in my opinion. also, the crop on the video was really weird, like wanny said.  could've been a lot better, but that's just me. still hope to see you make vids Twich. 

the overhype was real. 

Good things:

Gameplay was pretty spectacular from what I could tell.

Bad things:

almost 3 and 1/2 minute intro

Half my screen was black bars which was seriously annoying

The entire edit besides the intro. Like, at first I thought it was some sort of CoD parody edit or something. but no, it was an actual real edit. why would you think that someone would want to watch 5 minutes of constant screen shakes/flashes/cuts? 

the gameplay was seriously botched by the edit.

I suppose I am sorry in a way guys. But I tried to make something new and different. Don't get too worked up on your disappointment though. Let's all remember this is just for fun. 
While I was watching it seemed hard to distinguish the different clips, it just looked like a constant killing spree with all the clips merged together I found it hard to see the actual sick shots because of all the shakes and editing. I loved the intro, but I didn't really like the trap music.
I'm conflicted about this video.  There were many things I didn't like, but it's a Halzred product...I just don't know what to feel anymore.

Hey TWICH & Halzred I just wanted to spend a few minutes typing up a review.

First off the intro was very good editing wise but to be honest the whole orb thing is getting tacky and I thought it was cheesy haha but no worries it was interesting either way.

As for the editing of the video itself I thought you did a truly incredible job with the syncing. I was kind of blown away at how you managed to sync perfectly for minutes to techno, it isn't an easy task and a lot of people fail miserably at it from what I've seen in the past watching halo montages so thumbs up on that alone.

I guess  some people don't like the whole '' over editing '' angle to montages but personally I thought the effects you used and the way you cropped the footage to cut off the hud etc was dope as fk the video gave me a few goosebumps in the beginning made me wanna go play a match or 2.

The gameplay had its moments I didn't see anything to spectacular but TWICH definitely had some really great clips in there.

Thanks for submitting to the community TWICH and thanks to Halzred for editing.

Pce

I'm not sure what was more confusing for me this week. Overhearing two kids at the store saying, "what are they celebrating at euro raves?" and the other answering "they're ecstatic there's no blacks," or this montage.

Halzred, you are always a legend of course and anyone who doesn't know you from past work probably lives a life akin to the Alaskan Bush People.  Still, I'm afraid that this video fell insanely short of my expectations.  Holding a thread ten hours before actually having it "live" probably didn't help things any. As for the video itself. The transition choices are decidedly dated and although you clearly went for some sort of "security video tape rewind/ff" type of theme here, the overarching flavor wore out quite quickly.  If anything, this montage is a "think inside the box" piece.  Rocking the camera angle by ten degrees when you land a grenade cross-Lockout has been done five fuck-million times already, and I know that sounds harsh but really? 

I also see that there are a lot of negative reviews on the intro, but I personally thought you did a great job on it. Sure, the run time was probably a touch longer than it should be but at least it was entertaining and the work that went into it is clearly next level.

As far as the music choice, well, I really don't think it works here and you stuttered a lot of the clips to visually 'mesh' with the beat. But between this and the overused transitions used years and years ago, whatever it was that you were going for simply didn't land.  If I find myself looking at the remaining time counter on the playback bar then that's not a good sign.  I actually like dubstep/EDM music overall but you never really gave the viewer a "breather," those subtle dramatic pauses that have been used in storyboards from Dymdez all the way up to the last Jump Theory piece.

Sorry, man. Don't take this personally. We all love your past work but this one is not memorable, excepting the intro.

But thanks for sharing it.