This is My Halo. (by h0lmb0m)

Hello THF! :)

The one time I come out of my cave to post on here is when I have released something I'm proud of. Last time I did this was on a video called "This is Our Halo" and you all supported that very much. But also gave me a great amount of constructive criticism. I don't remember many comments specifically on that thread except for one. Dutchy himself shared how he had never liked my editing style, and how I didn't do a good job at lifting up my best multikills (too cluttered with reactions or goofy editing). Of course, he said it in a nice way but still, that's what I got from it. I thought about his words as I re-watched my video, and realized he was right. I didn't make that video for it to be efficiently entertaining and a perfect product. "This is Our Halo" became more of a bank of funny moments, without much thought put into how it was presented.

This time around.. I used every bit of knowledge I have gathered for the past 5 years of making Halo videos, in the hopes of somehow creating a close to flawless product. Editing being the main point there, but also being OK with building a huge pile of leftovers in an attempt to reach a higher quality of video. With only 1 week left until the release of Halo 5, I realized that I needed to work my butt off on the editing to get it done before the release (today). And it is a big relief for me to present the finished video on time (it is very time-consuming having to go through every hour of Halo I've played...).

Not sure why I always get nostalgic when I make a post like this, but I guess it somehow feels like a milestone for me. In the video you'll see a little Kampy action. I'm sure everyone here has the same story on this topic, but from being a little kid fanboying over his montages to having him in my video today -makes me very happy. He was always my biggest inspiration when it came to making Halo videos. So thanks for being the reason I'm here today, Tony.

Even though the title says "My" Halo, it could definitely not have been done without my friends who make Halo fun to me. And thank you all members of the Halo community for inspiring me over the years. Thanks for choosing Halo as your passion. I look up to so many of you creators and will always do. Keep being amazing and I'll see you around! :D

-h0lmb0m

Great video holm, reminded me of back when my friends and I grinded btb all night on h3 back in 2009 :')
Awesome video man, a very enjoyable watch. It's so nice to see how much fun you have with all the games. Keep up the great content dude
always enjoyed these types of videos. such an enjoyable watch and I'll most likely watch it a lot more hahaha. two thumbs up in my opinion
Love these so much, the energy and joy in your videos is always heartwarming. 

Love these so much, the energy and joy in your videos is always heartwarming. 

This

this is great, ++

What a refreshing video. I was playing halo today but instead of playing online, me and my friend just spent a couple of hours fucking around in forge. It was probably the most fun I have had on halo in a long time, which is what you want when playing a game right?

Its nice to see a video that is just highlights from your time playing the game. That mongoose spawn clip?! fuck me that made me laugh.

Just a great video all round though man, isn't anything I could tell you to improve, just keep making videos :)

That spawn betrayal with the goose on sandtrap might've been the best thing I've ever seen. I love your videos man.
Whoever is responsible for putting videos on the frontpage should put this on there too, fantastic video.

Pfft--screw criticism. Our Halo was like, the first time I actually cried watching a Halo video...ridiculous. Anyway, I haven't seen My yet--12 fucking percent on Halo 5--but I'm moving it to my iPhone to watch there.

"Daddy, why are you always screaming all the time?"

XD

Avalanche is where it all begun for h0lmb0m, and Avalanche is where he fucking puts an end to it as well.
Your snipe's not bad man.   I really liked the plays were you baited the overshield.  That mongoose betrayal on Sandtrap at around 7:30 was fucking nuts.  This is such a fun video to watch, I just love the live reactions to everything, we don't see that in Halo videos anymore.  These were a few really dirty big team multis in here as well.   Great video h0lmb0m, it really kept me entertained the whole way through.  

this was definitely an improvement from your previous video, not that i didn't enjoy it, but in this video you got rid of a LOT of filler clips. i did have an issue with the sound mixing, though. when there really wasn't anything going on (you guys talking, for clarification), i really wish the music was louder, especially when you were getting some pretty dope multikills. the syncing would have stood out a lot more, and would have made the gameplay pop even more than it did, imo.  that being said, i did like how you were mixing your talking into the next clip. felt very clean and helped me ease into the next clip. gameplay, as i previously mentioned, was definitely a step up. really clean multi's. your editing stepped up too. the video has narrative rather than feeling random. i really, really liked how you followed up to the vertical mongoose and the sandtrap/darth vader mongoose clip. that made the clip that at first wasn't that funny, but actually made me laugh when you alluded back to it, haha. 

really solid video, my man!

i wrote this like five beers deep, and im too lazy to proof read, so i apologize in advanced for the grammar lol

^What a nerd.

I watched this like two days ago. It was so sick. I haven't laughed at a halo video in so long. Plz make more.