Halo is a Game, not a Career

common scence

I did watch the entire video, and i decided to be ignorant about your ignorance. You're acting like actors, or any person in any part of the world doesn't go through struggles with their family & friends along the way to their dream. This ignorance towards chasing a dream is what makes you negative. Yes you go through things with the people who are close to you in your life when you try to push to become something of yourself by trying to achieve something. Whether it be because they don't believe it to be important, or possible. Sometimes because you yourself blind-side them by not conversing about your desires. I see that you have the right intentions with saying they should pay more attention to people in their life, but to go out of your way to say they should put their dreams on break.. You're too emotionally invested in the situation to give a valid observation. That is what I have a problem with. People come in all shapes, sizes, and forms. To say that you know what they can handle & what they can't is saying you're a god OR you're just downing everyone because you have a stake in the situation & it's making you throw a hissy-fit. You can't see that life is way more open than what you can grasp onto with your own two hands.

Agreed^

"I could care less about how someone else feels about my opinion." Not the wisest thing to say for somebody who is attempting to promote his opinions on a halo forum.

The fact of the matter is, whether you like it or not, your video just created a conversation and not everybody is going to agree with you. In fact I doubt anyone will on this particular topic. This is mainly because your video was a general message whereas your actual feelings on the topic are very specific and relate only to you and your friend.

common scence

oh sweet dear christ jesus

i tried so hard, and got so far

but in the end, it didn't even matter

Lol I never said I wanted people to enjoy the video I made, I dont know if you realized , but it wasn't exactly the most positive video ever. I say I dont care if somebody agrees with it or not. Infact the only reason I am even replying to your reply is out of respect but the video was never targeted to make you or anybody else angry. The fact that you guys are angry and saying what I said is bad is mind boggling.
Lol first off on actors, I never said actors had it easy so re read my last reply to you. Second off, you are exaderating what I said way too much. What I said was sinply and easy for every one to understand. The harshest thing I even said was that most of the people who are ruining their lives trying to be a pro gamer suck. That was not an opinion, thats a fact. Because of ESL promoting this professional enviorment which is great for the pro scene, amatures or players who are even worse than amatures not think that if they act more mature to the right group of people they will get good. This basically means that the show maturity to those who are better but the moment someone critizes them, they start acting like the immature little kids they are. Shit like this is what has ruined communitys and peoples reputation in the past. You look at the lol scene, cod scene even cs go, they all suffer from the same problem.
I think it comes down to the needs and desires of the person to determine what a career exactly is. Personally, I love editing/playing this game, and making all sorts of videos for people to enjoy. I pretty much enjoy it more than anything else. 

If I could at least pay my bills by carrying out this hobby then I'd be more than happy to do it for a long time to come. But unfortunately I can't, so instead I've played it safe and studied/worked a shit ton over the past years. Luckily, I'm still happy. 

I think it's a difficult thing to discuss. Because although I'm all about pursuing your dreams, pushing your limits and exhausting all your options in life, sometimes it just does not work out the way you would like the most. Exomy gave a great example about actors (I read a shit ton of actor bio's on imdb lol), but we have to be realistic and accept that Halo is obviously a lot more low-key than that, with more limited options, and that the goal you're striving for might not be worth it in the long end. Some people might reach it while fucking up their life to the point of no return, while others might recover from it and become like one those actors with the heroic imdb biographs. 

There is simply no telling if hard work always pays off. And sadly, doing what you love the most in life isn't always an option either. There are millions of artists out there that would rather have been a dentist, and vice-versa. It's up to you if you want to play all your cards in life or not, with no guarantees. It's a gray world we live in cool

Actors was an example, Zarhaz. It's not about whether they had it easy or not. It's about you saying that people can't push to do anything they want, and choose to ruin their own lives if it leads to that. yes, you can be devastated that their doing such a thing. But it's their choice, and if it's a price they're willing to pay to push for their dream. Let them. It's their life.

Dutchy pretty much honed in exactly on what it is. It's difficult to discuss someone's choices in life. Because you can not lead people to make the decisions that are "right for them." Much like parents trying to make their kids become doctors or something of "respectable value." And, there is no knowing on whether you will succeed in your dream or not. 

But if you wanna push for it, fight, and sacrifice for it. That's on you. If you stop talking to people close to you because of it, that's on you.

If those people come on a forum to state what they feel about those people doing just that to them. That seems like anger to me. Especially since they don't care about anything with the topic enough to discuss it like someone who can see both sides of the conversation. 

Wait...I'm not getting paid for spawn sticks off the roof?
45 post on a halo video on THF in 2015... must be an argument about something. 

This is true, however it is generally implied when you show up to a new forum and start posting videos that your intent is for people to watch your videos and continue watching them, which if that is to happen people generally have to enjoy watching the videos in the first place. So if your goal here is to gain a few viewers/subs, then like I said with my last comment, you have an odd approach.

And whether or not you care if people agree has nothing to do with the fact that people are going to post their opinions in your thread after they have watched your videos. That's just how it works. If you don't want our opinions on it, don't share it with us for us to view and then comment. 

I'm not going to speak for anybody else here, but I'm not angry. Not sure what makes you think that I am. Simply just responding to a video and then to your comments afterwards.

Its definitely something worth debating, thats for sure.

I understand, also, I have no intentions to gain views or subs.
In fact, I never thought I would get this much of a response.