Halo can influence your life

My first post on TheHaloForum  (Thanks for B2T Kambi for recommening this forum)

For years on end, non stop I have played Halo since release. I wanted to share a part of my story how Halo influence my life into a odd mental breakdown. Wanting to commit suicide for the past 2 years just because I felt like I broke a promise with my viewers entertainment.

I try my hardest everyday to get clips but fail due to odd stress. I wanted to create something to make people just say Hi but fall flat on my face every time. I been mainly isolated due to school and had a loving comfort from a game called Halo 3 to avoid the pain I suffered through

So my question is have anyone influence by Halo in a positive or negative way? I would really love to read your story

Meh--40% positive, 60 negs.

The positive side is all campaign.

But the negative is pretty deep. I have a lot of reasons that Halo depresses me:

I've got over 1,000 clips and I can't edit them because I'm too poor to buy anything other than Vegas. It's kinda also because I suck--I've got maybe 6 Killtaculars/Kill Frenzys to my name since Halo 3 first came out.  I don't have a single Killimanjaro or higher that isn't from SWAT, Grifball, or Cloud's CTF.

None of my friends--online or real--play Halo, so no practice. The ones that do ostracize me because I'm an Elite. Phurion lets me on usually, which I'm grateful for, but it's not very often.  Every time I get into MCC matchmaking, everyone selects Halo 3 for some reason. And always losing--whenever I'm in a team game, I look at the screen to find out I'm the only one going positive, or even at all sometimes.

Why keep going?

I want something good enough to make into film.  So many songs I hear makes me want to create--but I don't have the expertise--or money--to go any further than what I have now. But I just gotta keep going.

Hope you read my comment on Youtube.
I used Halo 1 PC and then Halo 3 to escape reality for a few years when I was 14-17. I think that, in the end, the games made me a more competitive person and it sparked my interest in media design (graphics to audiovisual) and now I'm studying multimedia design.

Sound nearly the same as  one of my issues, constantly top slayer on the team but rarely getting clips. get a 20+ KD but only get triple but no Over to be class as true gameplay for youtube  :P

I know how you feel I only have one friend who I rarely play with and a brother who talk to me but doesn't really like Halo  -_-

Wow that actually very interesting to hear. I'm very to hear to that, hope all goes well  yes
There are actually some people that were in the same school as me but had different groups of friends and therefor I didn't know them untill I played halo and CoD with them. Some are now actually really good friends of mine.

did you just say you considered killing yourself because you couldn't get clips?

man...

Sound nearly the same as  one of my issues, constantly top slayer on the team but rarely getting clips. get a 20+ KD but only get triple but no Over to be class as true gameplay for youtube  :P

I know how you feel I only have one friend who I rarely play with and a brother who talk to me but doesn't really like Halo  -_-

You could do what I do, search in forge for new things to do and then try to pull them off in MM. Its not any easier to find new stuff thats executable online but it sure feels good when you do it. H5 should create all kinds of opportunities to find cool new stuff. Like Marksman said, just try to focus on quality over quantity if you want to pull more viewers. Once you impress them you will find it much easier to get feedback on smaller videos such as highlights, commentaries, etc.. If you really just want to get popular on YT though, Halo videos arent really the best way unless H5 gets big (we can only hope).

Man I had some great memories on Halo but that shit took over my life at one point. Legit all I did during middle school was play fucking Halo 3 all day.

This actually bummed me out, let me start off by saying I hate seeing depression, I've lost many friends to suicide because of depression, and I absolutely fucking hate it, and I know how hard it is to deal with, so if you ever need to talk, or just wanna run some halo, add me gt - Carnage HoyX

Now, rant time, halo is meant for fun man, you should never feel obligated to put out content for your viewers, do it because YOU want too, I understand you feel like you let them down, but your own health is way more important then dropping a video, and you have to understand that. Halo is just a game man, there will be a halo dropping in a month, and another one in 13 months, but YOU only get ONE life, don't fuck it over because you're so stressed about a video game.

Hope you understand I'm not trying to judge you, just giving you some advice.

Cheers bro.