The question of the century.

Mastery or Wizard. Which is better? Vote here http://strawpoll.me/7346043 (dont mind the titles) on your fav and tell me why below :p.

Dont mind the typo either -_-

Answer: Oblivion

Stream is blocked in my country. For the poll, I'd have to say Mastery. I guess the tricks and stuff in Wizard might be harder to pull off but I thought Mastery was overall more entertaining.

Thanks man :)
Let me know if you need DL links for any similar videos.
Mastery, and i don't think it's as close as people are making it out to be.
When is there going be an h2 mastery?
I think Supreme Demonstration would fit that category.

Mastery for me.

Mastery made me watch and go "yeah, I could literally never do that." The icicle clips, the pit bank shot, and a few others were just on another level.

Wizard is a collection of things that have happened to most of us throughout our Halo 2 career, just done on purpose. I can shoot grenades, I can block the newb combo, I can predict spawns, etc. I can get triple kills with nearly (not exactly, bro is on another level) the same speed in which Hyena hits them, and since we've seen his ridiculous sniper clips the effect isn't as high in Wizard as it was in his first few MCC H2 videos. Kraynium introduced the frag shot sticky launch years ago.

Could I put all of this together and make Wizard myself? 2% chance.

Could I ever make anything close to Mastery? No. Not at all.

Not taking anything away from Wizard, as it's in my top 5 for favorite montage released in the past 5 years, but Mastery is just that fucking good that it's on a whole different level.

Mastery, and i don't think it's as close as people are making it out to be.
This. My love for H2 over H3 included in this. Mastery might be the greatest montage of all time to be honest. From a pure creative/game play apsect. H3 montage standards are pretty ridiculously high, and he shattered those standards.

It's not even close. Mastery is incredible. If anyone says Wizard, it's likely due to nostalgia or just liking H2 more but Mastery is definitely the better video. The gameplay is extraordinary, easily one of the greatest montages of all time. I didn't even think of or can't do half the shit Hyena does in Mastery like the icicle clips, the Pit crossmap ricochet,  blocking the sniper shot with his weapon, shooting the rocket, etc. Furthermore, just the regular MLG clips are very good as well. The first 2v2 exterm is still one of my favourite clips from him.

Although the innovative things in Wizard are really cool, I thought there was too much of  it and a lack of regular clips. Personally, I enjoy Hyena's sniping more than the his tricks and stuff (although they're very cool) so that's a big factor in this as well.

In fact, I personally enjoyed Supreme Demonstration much more than Wizard too.

Inherently, H3's engine has more to toy around with and its slower pace (think of Halo 2 as Melee and Halo 3 as Brawl) makes anything technical and lightning-speed much more impressive than H2 lightning speed. Halo 2 has also been around for longer, and with that comes higher standards for clips, and more things known to be possible.

Interestingly enough, Hyena isn't the first to do those things in either of those videos - he's just the first to incorporate it, intentionally and to creative effect, in multiplayer games, fused with his style (although he is the first to come up with a semi-reliable way to BXR in Halo 3). It does take deep knowledge and video reviewing to figure out these things, and harder still to pull them off successfully.

That being said, Mastery is much more impressive on a skill and technical scale. Both are concise "best ofs" out of all the clips Hyena gets, which is impressive considering all the leftover videos he makes out of them are better than most major production montages I've seen lately. Wizard is doing stuff that's impressive on a mindgame level, but it's accidental, common occurrences made intentional (nade shooting). The blocks were all impressive because of its intentional use and precision, but its stuff others have done.

I was with Faint15 in a TeamSpeak lobby recently and he wasn't blown away by Wizard, just impressed at Hyena's ability to do it intentionally. That being said, I think Faint is super jaded and it's much harder than he's giving credit for.