Help With Render Settings? (Sony Vegas 13)

The quality itself looks fine but Ive fucked around with a bunch of different settings and every time the frame rate seems extremely low and skippy. Clips are downloaded from xboxclips.com which are 29 fps so I matched that in the render settings.  Not sure what the problem is. Just wondering what setting and steps do you guys take when rendering in vegas? Thanks
The quality itself looks fine but Ive fucked around with a bunch of different settings and every time the frame rate seems extremely low and skippy. Clips are downloaded from xboxclips.com which are 29 fps so I matched that in the render settings.  Not sure what the problem is. Just wondering what setting and steps do you guys take when rendering in vegas? Thanks

Yo, these are settings i tend to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtVojzR9aNQ

Just tried it step for step and it still comes out all choppy. Thanks for the help tezima but is anyone else having this problem with xboxclips.com clips? Or am I missing a step or something. Pretty frustrating, I can upload a sample if anyone wants to see...

Make sure the frame rate is 29.9 in the project properties also. (File -> Properties)

Edit: Just watched that video... it should work. I don't know what's the problem, sorry.

Maybe try making it a solid 30 FPS in the project settings.

You should make a new project file............ just drag in one single clip from xbox.com  and try to render it out by itself at 30 and see what happens..... are you rendering it as a WMV ? that might be it... try mp4

I think i remember rendering a xbox.com clip in wmv and it was glitchy as fuck so this might be it, than again i could be mistaken that might of been after effects.. was weeks and weeks ago.

( apologies if you've already done this, I wasn't sure if you're trying to render an entire video rite now or what )

Could it be youe computer playing it back choppy? Maybe try upping it to youtube?
What format are you trying to render it out as? Is it skipping in the preview window or just in the final render?

Ive tried wmv and mp4. Ill try the youtube thing but I can watch the raw clip I downloaded off line just fine but after it goes thru vegas its shit.

Ive tried wmv and mp4. Ill try the youtube thing but I can watch the raw clip I downloaded off line just fine but after it goes thru vegas its shit.

Try just an uncompressed (or with something like Lagarith) .avi, then encode it with something like this through VirtualDub or some muxer. I've never found Vegas to be codec friendly, so I try and minimize the amount it handles anything like that. Can't really say what else the problem is, unless you are changing things in your project settings and not render settings. As in, you can be selecting 29.97 frames in project settings, but still selecting a 24fps .wmv render template or something. Again, is it choppy while you preview IN vegas, or only after you render?

The display in vegas is choppy but it always has been on this computer because its shit. Also Ive made sure that the frame rate in project settings and the render template are the same. ill give what you said a shot tonight and let ya know how it goes. thanks for the help
The display in vegas is choppy but it always has been on this computer because its shit. Also Ive made sure that the frame rate in project settings and the render template are the same. ill give what you said a shot tonight and let ya know how it goes. thanks for the help

Gave it a test run using a clip from xboxclips.com and Sony Vegas Pro 13, having no issues. Curious if installing x264vfw would help, my only guess is that your Vegas is not handling H264 very well.