Is Halo Reach, Halo 1, Halo 2 and Halo 3 based in the same year?

I was recently playing halo reach and was on the mission ONI: Sword Base and at the beginning of every mission it tells you the date of the mission, and i noticed that this mission was in the year 2552. But what im confused about is that halo 3 is based 2552-2553 but at the end of Reach you can see chief in his cryo chamber which leads to the start of halo 1. So was Halo Reach and every other halo game up to halo 3 (apart from halo wars and 4) all set in the same year, 2552? and if so where was chief during the battle on reach?

Yeah, the 4 games take place during a short period of time. I haven't read the books in years and can't remember where Chief was when Reach was fukd. If you're interested in the Halo universe I suggest you read some of the better books. For example, Fall of Reach had a much better story than Halo Reach and I still wonder why they didn't use the book's story for the game.

Yeah, the 4 games take place during a short period of time. I haven't read the books in years and can't remember where Chief was when Reach was fukd. If you're interested in the Halo universe I suggest you read some of the better books. For example, Fall of Reach had a much better story than Halo Reach and I still wonder why they didn't use the book's story for the game.

He was escaping on the pillar of autumn duh.