THF Movie Comp 2015???

Are we having a movie comp this year?  I haven't heard any news or anyone else talking about it. I really hope we have one. I feel like it's one of THF's main attractions!

Let a brotha know!

Wait for Halo 5

Not sure if a big one, I was personally thinking about doing like a winter editing contest with a set batch of clips and angles like we used to do for the summers. Then again we may use the halo 5 hype and do like a best new video type contest. 

Not sure where we are at with funding as we're already pushing money into getting you guys to play together with the tournaments.

And I'm not gonna run another contest the size of the last one without way more help, that shit cost me way too much time even when all the judges and ohem and klima did more than their part. 

If you have real intent of thinking with and helping us, contact nv1 and request VIP status,

I'm glad some ideas are being thrown around. Last years contest was just so much fun and I feel it went incredibly well. It also motivates people to put out great content. But I totally understand that there needs to be people involved and willing to do their part, it's a ton of work. I just might be interested in helping out, maybe I'll hit up Nv1.
I've been pushing for it Scace.  I could easily set it up just like how Kilma and Ohem (where are those guys BTW?) did the previous one.  I just don't know where the prize money would come from.
@bx, if you go free entry all halo games you get a shitton of entries and you have to register em all, have judges grade all the videos on subcategories to seed heats and determine subcat winners,upload em all to thf youtube and post em on twitter. Deal with judges cancelling. Update voting HUB, create similar looking graphix for each thread. Its quite a bit of work even just setting up the heats on 100+ videos. Let alone making the contest specific intro and promo video and getting funding. I havent even mentioned people-managing which is pretty much 50% of it. Id put more restrictions on entry to avoid risking the whole thing falling apart. If i hadnt stepped up big time to help ohem and klima im not sure wed have pulled it of tbh.
Have we done entry fees for contests in the past? What do you guys think about crowdfunding?
We have I think, its been a long time ago. The one where fragtality ran it only had like 4 heats all great videos. Perhaps it was judges selection of the top something going to public vote or maybe it was entry fee. Dont remember. Im all for crowdfunding and people have been stepping up on donating on the site so perhaps itll work. I do know ohem and klima basically ended up paying 1000 bucks tho.

@bx, if you go free entry all halo games you get a shitton of entries and you have to register em all, have judges grade all the videos on subcategories to seed heats and determine subcat winners,upload em all to thf youtube and post em on twitter. Deal with judges cancelling. Update voting HUB, create similar looking graphix for each thread. Its quite a bit of work even just setting up the heats on 100+ videos. Let alone making the contest specific intro and promo video and getting funding. I havent even mentioned people-managing which is pretty much 50% of it. Id put more restrictions on entry to avoid risking the whole thing falling apart. If i hadnt stepped up big time to help ohem and klima im not sure wed have pulled it of tbh.

I'm aware of all this.  And of course I would require a little help.

Have we done entry fees for contests in the past? What do you guys think about crowdfunding?

The movie contest in 2010 where Dutchy won required a $10 entry fee.  I don't think crowd funding would work just because our community is smaller than what is was last time and almost no one donated.  But yeah, like Slater said, those two lost a grand on the competition.  

I think a smaller up front prize pool from THF, with entry fees, plus donations would be the way to go.

H3FMC2 had a $10 entry fee iirc. 

I think crowd funding would be a good idea. Set it up for a few months and whatever $ amount is at the end will be divided. I'd donate.  I do feel that winning these competitions is more about the respect and recognition rather than the money though, but maybe that's just me?

I think a 2015 competition needs to happen though and I would be glad to help  get things going, and I'm sure other people on the site would be too.

free entry for the last comp was i think the biggest pitfall. sifting through 130-140 videos with some of them being 10+ minutes in runtime was tasking to say the least. big ups to sl8 again for stepping the fuck up for the rest of us (myself included). would happily pay $10-20 for an entry fee. would never judge again lol.
I already hit my peak. i'll judge.

I already hit my peak. i'll judge.

Bias Debate: 2015 Edition

No matter what, we definitely need to do this to get some life back to the forums.  
I'd get so hype for this. I'd help in anyway possible.
Would be happy to help with this, may donate some $ when i can, if i was you, i would start setting it up now and give a deadline for December, get people hyped now

Would be happy to help with this, may donate some $ when i can, if i was you, i would start setting it up now and give a deadline for December, get people hyped now

Check out the thread in VIP for more info about dates and such.