Official Pokémon GO Thread

I'm close to level 9 too, but my highest is barely 150 CP. Am I doing something wrong? Should I just be evolving everything I can, even though I'll get rid of them later?
If you want to get the most out of your XP you'll wait until you have a bunch to evolve, pop a lucky egg, and evolve away. Although I would probably evolve some guys just so you have something to take over / put in gyms. Eevee evolutions will probably grant you the best pokemon for attacking.
Catch everything and save them for now. Get as many candies as you possibly can then once you can evolve a shit ton of them, and I mean like at least 10 pidgeys, rattatas, caterpies, etc (pokemon that only require 12 candies or maybe even 25), use a lucky egg and evolve every one. You will level up very fast. Don't bother wasting your stardust at this point either. You're just going to find a better pokemon a level later or so anyway.

Not used stardust yet, check.

Caught everything and anything, check.

Actually transferred some Pokés for candies other than Pidgeys and all the ones needing 12 candy to evolve, so... check (???).

I really don't feel like I'm able to grab any gyms at the moment, because they all have 500+ defenders, and I barely have 250 at the moment (I went out for another hour and a half tonight biking). Is it possible to win while still being severely underleveled? Do I gain EXP or some shit even if I lose, or is it only worth it if I know it's a sure win? I'm almost an 11 now I think, so getting there. I'm surrounded by Magnemites and Voltorbs, and I have like 100 candies for both.

The funniest thing that happened today was when me and my gf were driving around grabbing Pokestops, and we found a spot with a Pinsir for both of us. She was like 3 levels below me, prob like 5 or 6 max, and I got my Pinsir before her at CP 50 or something.. big let down. She of course expected shit too, but she got a CP 250+ one out of fucking nowhere. 5x higher than any of her previous Pokémon, so she actually let out a loud scream when she saw it. This game is really addicting, and definitely in a good way. 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13PQVkGncIi7qtmZdnQhLsfv88zR4CIc6...

I found a better cp multiplier sheet. When you evolve your pokemon and it isn't close to whatever the gyms is, I would just wait for a higher cp pokemon to come along. And since you catch so much of the same type. I would always keep at least enough candies to evolve one at any time in case you find one super high and you want to evolve it right then and there. And gyms can give you a decent amount, like 500 exp if you beat the whole one or most of their pokemon. Just make sure you have enough revives and potions especially if you plan on facing a gym of your own team since it hardly gives you any exp

So discouraging seeing people in big cities overloaded with rare pokemon meanwhile I go to the park only to have 99% of my encounters be pidgeys and rattatas.
I'm such a fucking dumbass. I was playing late at night and biking without a helmet, my bike caught on something and I fell. Severe concussion, memory loss, bleeding and bruises, etc. Fml. Best thing I caught was a 14cp Slowpoke too...

Short update: I'm 4/5 of the way to lvl 18, currently saving up 10 km eggs for a massive ride as soon as I get around 5-7, my highest CP yet is a Vaporeon 951 (who would have thought, right?), all others resting below 700s. I feel a bit underleveled because of it, but I can rest assured that most of my candies have been collected to fully evolve most 2 stage evolutions, and if the charts don't lie, I could have been sitting on 10+ Pokémon over the 4 digit mark right. fucking. now. I'd rather save them for those high CPs later though, so that's what I'm going to do.

In other news, I joined Team Mystic, I've taken a few gyms only to have them swept out from under my feet less than half an hour later. There's only 4 Pokestops really close to where I live, but it's a nice bike route to farm kilometers on, and between each pair of 2 (they come in pairs) there's about 5 minutes of riding, so it's honestly perfect. I've been on Pokémon hunts with my girlfriend, my girlfriends cousins, my girlfriends mom, my own mom (SHE MADE ME GO, AND WE DROVE AROUND FOR 3 HOURS), and the majority of my friend circle in just the past 4 to 5 days. It's been fucking hectic, but man, I can't put the game down. I haven't played Halo since it came out, and I don't have any urges to play either. It's taking over my life guys. Halp.

tl;dr: underleveled but content, game is awesome, family and friends all aboard, choo choo

WTF Fatal haha, karma is a bitch (jk). Im so addicted to this game. But im just level 10 :(
I'm level 21 and lost interest in this game. It takes 75k experience for the next level.. I'm rubeing out of pokeballs and im not farming pokestops for pokeballs just to run out the next day. They need to start giving out more balls per stop at these high levels. You're going to have to buy pokeballs or live at a pokestop all day everyday. I'll wait for an update

I'm such a fucking dumbass. I was playing late at night and biking without a helmet, my bike caught on something and I fell. Severe concussion, memory loss, bleeding and bruises, etc. Fml. Best thing I caught was a 14cp Slowpoke too...

I just got back from a 2 hour ride where I had my phone in one hand, no helmet, and it was dark out.. maybe I'll take a hint.

My goal right now is hitting level 20, cuz that's when egg Pokémon are maxed out. I've seen people get insanely high level Snorlax' and shit from eggs, so that's where the grind is at from here on out Twitchy. Grab a bike and fuck some eggs up.
Gotta go slow on bikes though otherwise it doesn't count distance. And take it from me, wear a helmet lol.

I'm level 21 and lost interest in this game. It takes 75k experience for the next level.. I'm rubeing out of pokeballs and im not farming pokestops for pokeballs just to run out the next day. They need to start giving out more balls per stop at these high levels. You're going to have to buy pokeballs or live at a pokestop all day everyday. I'll wait for an update

That's the point, they want you to spend money on pokeballs, that's why the microtransactions exist. If you're not playing to wait until you get more from stops then you might as well uninstall because that likely won't happen lol. 

I just thought games usually were designed so you don't have to pay money in game to get further. I mean I guess you don't have to but it's going to be a huge grind to get anywhere. I'm just bored of it at the moment. And I think it's FUCKED UP I'm level 21 and still have never gotten a 10km egg yet
This game is designed for casual players who would play in their free time whenever. I don't get why people who powerleveled in a few days are getting so pissed about the leveling system, the game was not intended for people who play it that seriously.

I think people put way too much effort into catching pokemon they don't need and thats why you run out of balls so quick. If its a high level CP pidgey, rattata, drowsey, geodude, etc. I throw 3 balls, if I don't catch it I move on or I gather a pokestop nearby and use the pokeballs from that to try again. If I already have the full evolution and don't really plan on using him in a gym or for attacking I don't even bother gathering them anymore. Stuff like drowsey, ponyta, geodude, just leave them alone. I get that its stardust and some XP, but its not worth it if you constantly have to farm pokestops to stay on top of your pokeballs.

Am I the only one that actively has to discard items because of how much shit I have? I walk my dog and get 100 new items. Guess thats a perk of living in a city. Game is clearly made for cities instead of the wilderness.
I understand not catching everything but you pretty much have to to level up faster. If I didn't catch every pidgey, rattata, caterpie, etc I would level up so damn slow cause that's all I see.
At higher levels you pretty much have to catch everything.

What level are you at? I'm about halfway through 20 and I move at a pretty good pace for leveling up. I do the mass evolutions on the 12 candies pokemon, I ignore others like ponyta, geodude, and magnemight, I drive around for an hour so taking out whatever gyms I see for the XP.

I mean I get it, either me leveling up is going to take an insane amount of time or I need to catch more pokemon, but I don't really think you hit that point until you're in the higher 20's. I guess it could be harder for people that don't like near a city, my local city isn't huge, but it does okay. We get about 10 lures on a historic street that has like 20 pokestops on it.

I heard a guy hit level 30 and he said he had to start paying for pokeballs cause it took so much experience. We don't need an insane amount more of pokeballs.. just more ways to get them. Or how about everytime you miss a pokemon, don't use 2 balls. How about taking over gyms gives you pokeballs? That would help.

you're forgetting its a freemium game. They aren't just going to hand you the shit that they want you to spend money on. They have zero incentive to give away more pokeballs.

wouldn't mind more of dem incubators tho

What level are you at? I'm about halfway through 20 and I move at a pretty good pace for leveling up. I do the mass evolutions on the 12 candies pokemon, I ignore others like ponyta, geodude, and magnemight, I drive around for an hour so taking out whatever gyms I see for the XP.

I mean I get it, either me leveling up is going to take an insane amount of time or I need to catch more pokemon, but I don't really think you hit that point until you're in the higher 20's. I guess it could be harder for people that don't like near a city, my local city isn't huge, but it does okay. We get about 10 lures on a historic street that has like 20 pokestops on it.

I'm 19 right now.

Question about gyms. If you take one, even for just 15 minutes, do you still get the coins for it? Other day got 10 coins from taking a gym and immediately redeemed them only to take a second one about 30min later. Are those coins still there for me to redeem after the 21 hours are up?

No, redeeming only gives you rewards for the gyms you currently hold, not all the ones you held over a 21 hour period.
well fuck so that means you should wait until you've accumulated a decent amount before you redeem

There are 9 gyms in town. It's 8 am, and I just spent an hour and a half taking over each and every single one of them. I'm top dog in all but one too.

FeelsCA$HEDMan

I wish. 2 gyms within 5km of me. Can't even contest any of them because my area only has 4 pokestops within 5km as well and all the people holding it probably went to Toronto or some shit to play consistently and then took everything the two here. Both are held by the same two people and both have 2.2k CP Dragonites ;(
Caught a growlithe and tentacool tonight to put pokedex at 66. Like 5k away from 20. Want to hit 20 before using lucky egg.

well fuck so that means you should wait until you've accumulated a decent amount before you redeem

Yeah. The best way is to just go late at night/early morn and take over as many gyms as you can, preferably in 'obscure' areas, and then redeem your coins. 

alright cool

I think people put way too much effort into catching pokemon they don't need and thats why you run out of balls so quick. If its a high level CP pidgey, rattata, drowsey, geodude, etc. I throw 3 balls, if I don't catch it I move on or I gather a pokestop nearby and use the pokeballs from that to try again. If I already have the full evolution and don't really plan on using him in a gym or for attacking I don't even bother gathering them anymore. Stuff like drowsey, ponyta, geodude, just leave them alone. I get that its stardust and some XP, but its not worth it if you constantly have to farm pokestops to stay on top of your pokeballs.

You must live in a shitty area because I catch everything and usually have to throw away Pokeballs because I have too many other things (great balls, ultra balls, razz berries)

I'm close to level 9 too, but my highest is barely 150 CP. Am I doing something wrong? Should I just be evolving everything I can, even though I'll get rid of them later?

No that is totally normal. the CP of pokemon you catch depends on your trainer level, which gives cheaters an advantage.... which is sad.

Cuase reaching the 4 million or so XP that are required to reach max level is almost impossible without using a bot or something. So I stoped playing the game.

But its ok if you want a reason to get out of the house and burn some calories

Hah, I'm level 30 now. I've probably kept it up harder than most people.

Did this tonight