Rare Replay

http://www.wired.com/2015/08/rare-replay/

This deal is amazing; I bought it last night and holy nostalgia.. So many classics are included in this bundle. My favorites so far are Battletoads which was one of my favorite games when I was younger and Conker's Bad Fur Dar. 

Also, when I downloaded this, it also downloaded all of the backwards compatible Xbox 360 games right now like Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Viva Piñata and a few others. But they were downloaded separate and not included in the actual Rare Replay game. 

oh shit did not know this was out already, is it on disk as well do you know muhzzy?

oh shit did not know this was out already, is it on disk as well do you know muhzzy?

Yup! 

https://twitter.com/gamestop/status/628598890292338688

Super-bummed for the 6 GB download--couldn't play it yesterday. But I'm super excited now that it's done. My ass--BLASTING through the Banjos--all day--no question. Roll. on. that. shit.
I never played them before. Should I give them a try? 

I never played them before. Should I give them a try? 

Definitely. I mean, they are kids' games, so you'll have to grow down a little--but they've got a bunch of wink-wink jokes/nudges, a good difficulty curve, a thick story overall(the games are fucking huge), challenges to keep you busy and a "goddamnit-I'm-supposed-to-hate-this-music-but-I-can't-stop-humming-along" soundtrack.  In fact, if I remember correctly, I think it got as good a score as Goldeneye back then.

I enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie a lot! Big mysterious maps and fun gameplay! Conkers Bad Fur Day was also a favorite, and the multiplayer for that was awesome! I wish they would have included GoldenEye in the package though, wonder why they didn't.
Oh man oh man oh boy oh boy
007 GoldenEye Online Multiplayer for XboxOne needs to be a thing. Proximity mines ftw

I enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie a lot! Big mysterious maps and fun gameplay! Conkers Bad Fur Day was also a favorite, and the multiplayer for that was awesome! I wish they would have included GoldenEye in the package though, wonder why they didn't.

Even though Rare did help make Goldeneye, I'm willing to bet it was excluded because of licensing fees/copyrights and the like. It would be pretty tough to reacquire those, especially just for a port of a game adaptation from a movie made in 1996. All the other games on their collection are Rare originals--wholly under their ownership, which is why they picked Perfect Dark. It was "practically a sequel" to Goldeneye, and it was theirs. Boom. No lawsuits, no millions in copyright

Glad you enjoyed BK, it's excellent!

I only bought this for the Conkers Bad Fur Day for the multplayer but it's unplayable. I can't move around worth shit, the controls sucks. I thought it could've been the multi to conker live and reloaded but I was wrong