HCS Season 2 Official Discussion Thread

Yeah whoever thought up the idea of this event is pretty stupid.
Wouldn't have been as bad if they could rotate host. If that were possible I don't doubt the HCS team would have swept.
Yeah exactly. Quad hosting is basically playing on LAN.

You know that host was overwhelming when multiple people were going +15 to 20  "/ 

Too bad Ogre 2 couldn't join any host except 343's and Ace was constantly black screening. Still was a fun series to watch (maybe not the last two matches so much....) and some good plays from both sides.

Just saw Sheney's montage featured on the Halo Twitch Stream 

Our promo has been featured there as well.

If they played on Ghostayames or Neighbors host then heaven have mercy.

Our promo has been featured there as well.

i know man! Somebody told me that, that's awesome. 

Ok, so NASA isn't a team anymore, instead it's Ninja, Legit, Goofy, Spartan.

Ricochet is an official season 2 game type...

allegedly

I honestly have no idea what that is
LOL @ Snipedown

I can't fucking stand 343i.

Just wanted to post the results for anyone that missed it.

These teams will be playing in the Season 2 finals

What a clutch way to come back for EG..... Outslayed completely (Royal2 got a killtac exterm.....), yet EG got 2 back-to-back plants to win it 4-3

And just had to post the stats from Mikwen's spectacular game 4 in Winner's finals (if you missed it, definitely watch the whole Winner's finals series)

http://i.imgur.com/LYdEJPF.jpg

This was probably the best lan of Season 2. So many awesome series and games.

Just have to mention Winterfox's REALLY unfortunate loss in LB (after sweeping two THREE teams in LB) http://challonge.com/HCSIndy/standings

https://twitter.com/HCSLiveTweets/status/615276697886306304

If they would have just won that game, this would have been 10x better

I miss events that had 240+ teams.  These events just don't get me interested anymore because the prize pools are the exact same, if not less than they were in 2006. And you only have a fraction of the amount of teams competing.  

I laughed so hard when it hit 47min. Quickscopes are like unicorns to the announcers 

Watch live video from Halo on Twitch

Season 2 finals starting in 30 mins.

Bracket

So glad this is the last H2A tournament.  The game is just so fucking boring to watch.

Yeah it really has lost a lot of its appeal. Excited to see how this closes out.

Here are predictions from HCS commentators

http://i.imgur.com/Mk8EXsQ.jpg

While watching this, there are 2 big things that come to mind. First, there is a crazy amount of down time and filler between matches. It's been over an hour and we've literally only played 1 game... Secondly, I've noticed that the gameplay feels very dry and boring because you cannot hear the crowd. Everytime something cool or crazy happens, all you hear is the commentators get "hype". Their yelling does nothing more than get annoying each and every time someone makes a play. The viewers need to hear the crowd, otherwise it just doesnt feel real and makes it seem like these players are competing in a sterlized vacuum. #BringBackPuckett
Well the Xbox servers are down. Is there any real reason why 343 didn't enable offline LAN games? As far as I know these kinds of delays have happened at every single tournament to some degree or another. Huge lack of foresight on 343's part.

From what I've seen with every single LAN, it looks like the crowd is tiny AND they have zero enthusiasm. Although I'm sure the staff there could fix that by getting the crowd more into it (talking directly to the crowd and/or just showing the crowd to make them involved).

Also, XBL is down. The dumbest shit that can disrupt a LAN (which isn't really a LAN). Unreal

The production quality is definitely better, but the constant delays and casters being forced to stall makes it unbearable.
That's why you have a hype man like Faruuq to hype of the crowd. I mean, go watch EVO2015 and then watch an HCS event. It's like night and day. And XBL being down and delaying the LAN is an absolute fucking joke. Why does M$ continue to let 343i ruin their best franchise?

>2015

>Still rubber banding through teleporters

>Still no true LAN

Glad this game is in the ground after this event.

Agreed, but I think the no LAN issue is an Xbox problem. Probably leftover code from the "always online" DRM crap.
Apparently they don't do Listen-ins anymore.  Such crap.

Well the Xbox servers are down. Is there any real reason why 343 didn't enable offline LAN games? As far as I know these kinds of delays have happened at every single tournament to some degree or another. Huge lack of foresight on 343's part.

i thought it was the xbox one that didnt have lan as a whole not just halo

The montages, highlight vids, and clips, they show during the downtime are a positive; and the commentary itself is great.  But no crowd noise and no listen-ins really kill the vibe for me.
im pretty sure that is correct.
solid game 5 from optic