Sony Vegas

So I recently got the itch to edit some of my Destiny clips into some pile of crap I might enjoy. So I picked up Vegas 13. However the preview window and anything rendered stutters to hell and back. I'm assuming my computer isn't up to snuff as it IS pretty bad. Are there some setting I should tweak somewhere, or should I try an older version of Vegas? I haven't touched this program in 8 years, so I'm a bit lost.
What are your computer specs? It shouldn't be stuttering while watching rendered footage unless your setup is extremely bad.
I'd probably try an older version of Vegas and see how it works. Your processor is pretty bad and you don't really have enough RAM to edit videos smoothly. Still don't see why the rendered videos would be stuttering though. Are you trying to edit in 720p or 1080p because this setup probably can't handle 1080p at all.

Yeah it was in 1080, dropped it down and it's better but still iffy. I guess this will have to wait til I get a better rig at some point, or I let someone else handle it.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Try these:

Go to Options > Preferences > Video. Set dynamic RAM preview to 0. You can play with the values too. If you set it to 2500 (for example) then highlight a sequence in the timeline then press Shift + B it prerenders the sequence and you can watch it with zero lag.

Also use half or quarter quality for the video preview window.

Yep. Completely forgot about this. Use preview at half and scrub over everything you want to preview.