Editor wanted for first Halo montage!

I posted this before the site got revamped, so I will make sure people read it again lol.

I have a bunch of Halo Reach, Halo 3, and Halo 4 clips ready to be made into my first ever Halo montage. They cover roughly half of my Halo career (5 years), and I have never once gotten one made before. Here is the thing....they arent that highly skilled, but they are entertaining enough I think for a laid back multi-Halo montage. I have some ideas in mind to what music goes with it and what clips I want to see used, but I am completely open to other ideas.

This montage could be between 8-12 minutes as far as I know because I have a lot of clips to use, or go through.  So let me know if you are willing to edit and lets have some fun! You dont need to be incredibly skilled at editing, but I do wish to have an editor that knows what they are doing. I am friends on LIVE with an editor for Destiny, as we have made a Destiny dualtage, but he is in the process of finishing High School, so he has no time to make a big montage.

If you wish to contact me, you can message me here or send me a Skype message: matthew.birdzell1. If you message me here, I should get an email notification. If you require a form of payment, then do mention that so I can consider it. I do have some money, but most of it is saving for a new car and other bills.  Thanks guys!

OP Edit: Here are some sample Halo 3 clips from my youtube thanks to someone who captured them for me. I wish I can get some Reach and H4 stuff here (some of the clips I have there are better). I posted something about that just now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqM9PEVBsk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXp48k7Dhm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5FQ_27thio  

I'm not an "experienced" editor and I'm not looking for a project but here's a few variables that will factor into the production of this montage.

1. Are you willing to pay?

You are looking for an "experienced" editor -- Editing takes time and time is money. Generally speaking, "experienced" editors aren't going to edit for free unless your clips are insane.

2. Upload a few of your best clips from each game.

This will increase your chances of finding an editor exponentially. (Especially if you aren't willing to pay)

3. How much creative control does the editor have?

Can the editor choose the music or do you have a specific song or genre of music you prefer? Can the editor stick to simple transitions and minimal effects/cinematics or do you prefer cinematic/angle-heavy editing with cool effects? 

Being that you want a lengthy montage (8-12 minutes) it will be a difficult process to find an "experienced" editor who's willing to work for free. Answering the questions I've listed above will increase your chances and if you're willing to pay, I'm sure you'll find an editor in no time.

Good luck!

^listen to this man

Okay...thanks for the ideas and the response!

1) how much would someone want to be paid? I forgot about that aspect lol

2) I dont have my Capture Card anymore, and i wasnt very good with it, BUT I do have all, and I mean all, of the clips I want to try to use ready to go on my Fileshares for each game (but with Halo 3, there are extras on the FS, so I will have to tell you want ones we can see about using).

3) I would give creative control to the editor over flow, clip selection for the most part, but I want some specific music tracks added to the montage that I have listened to MANY times over the years. IF they dont work, then other music can go in, but I dont want Dubstep, rock music full of swearing and sex, and Rap.

Now since I think about it, the editor doesnt have to be too highly experienced...just I want to know they can make good montages with good flow and my clips. And there are a few clips from Reach and possibly Halo 4 I would want to try using cinematic angles with. Overall, a bunch of angles wont be that necessary.

1. Depends entirely on the editor. Newer editors will probably be more likely to edit for free, but depending on the quality of clips you might be able to get a more experienced editor. I've never charged for montages, but only edit for friends or if I can get some really sexy clips, and I usually insist on being able to use songs of my own choosing. But every editor is different. Plus if you pay them enough, I would imagine you can use whatever song you want.

2. Most editors will either have a capture card or know someone who does, but if you need some help getting a few clips captured for sample purposes, I'd be willing to cap a handful for you. As long as they aren't on paid DLC maps because I don't have those. Shoot me a message or add me on XBL (Savagr) and I'll see what I can do. I'm not looking for a project, nor do I want to capture all of your clips, but I'd like to help you out.

Another thing: 8-12 minutes is a bit long for a montage, especially considering it's your first. I have trouble watching 10 minute montages unless all the clips are godly. So my advice would be give the editor all your clips, but let him narrow it down to the best ones, and shoot for a 4-6 minute video. That's just my opinion though, make your montage however you want.

I have no problem watching a 10 minute montage! I love those...even the 15 minute long ones. As long as they are good and keep me watching/wanting more, I will watch even a 15 or 20 minute montage. bu you are right....not everyone likes to watch those.

So what you are saying is that in order for someone to want to edit for me, for example, I need to upload a couple clips from each game for them to be interested? That wont be a problem as long as I can have someone do it. I had an Hauppage HD PVR, but I rarely used it and I wanted someone to capture my clips with their card, not to mention it took a LOT of power from my laptop to use it.  If that is so, I can have a look at some clips, let you know, and have them capture them. Then we can figure out what to do from there. My only worry is that because I wasnt as good at Reach, H3 and 4 as I wanted to be, no one will care to notice them enough to want to make a montage.

It would certainly help to have some sampler clips, seeing as it's your first montage and you are therefore unknown in the montage scene. They don't have to be your best clips, just something to give an idea of what kind of clips you've got.

If you're worried about no one wanting to edit for you, theres only one way to find out.

Check out this thread: http://www.thehaloforum.com/forum/creators-platform/87-newish-editor-looking-for-something-to-edit#post-1727

And let me know if I can capture some clips for you, I'd be happy to help :)

I do have some sampler clips. I leave for work here in a few minutes, but when I get home and if I dont forget, I can add you on XBL and message you the clips to capture. Now when you capture them, would you email a link to some website that I can use as a source to upload them to YouTube, or what would happen next?
I can put them in a .zip file and upload them to a filehosting site like mediafire, and you can download them from there.
Sounds good. I just need to check out some clips.
i PM'd you
I got it, but I want someone with more than just basic editing skills. Kinda in between a basic editor and a really experienced one.
this was more than a year ago, and i have improved since then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGsLf5EMglQ

I'd be willing to give this a go. i just got finished with a little practice edit thing because i was bored. if you can get the clips captured we can talk.

My youtube

pm me on here if you're interested

So I have some sample clips for Halo 3, but some other clips (some that are better) are on Reach and Halo 4, so someone would have to capture those and I would upload them.

What I might to in the future is buy a better capture card. I had the Haupagge HJD PVR 2, but it was clunky to use &it wasnt good on my laptop, I am thinking of getting an Elgato, but if anyone has a suggestion, please tell me!

Hey that is pretty cool! I like it. Ill get back to you about the editing..someone also replied about it. 

PS: Maybe both of you could edit :) that would be fun

Is anyone going to respond to their messages I have sent them? I am not confident that anyone here wants to edit for me.
Hey I will gladly edit for you. I have an Elgato so I can record the halo reach and 4 clips 720p60fps but I do not have halo 3,which is fine since you said that you already have the Halo 3 clips captured. If you are interested, please message me back as soon as possible.