Official Virtual/Augmented Reality Discussion Thread

I've had the HTC Vive for three months now and am still blown away by how impressive this device is so I decided to make a thread dedicated to the discussion of virtual and/or augmented reality technologies, applications, and games.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Virtual Reality (VR) Devices

PC-based VR

Console-based VR

Smart phone-based VR

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Augmented Reality (AR) Devices

I'm going to post random gameplay videos in this thread and update the first post as I record more sessions. If anyone is interested in watching me test out different VR experiences, I'll occasionally stream at the link below. Add me and let me know what games you'd like to see!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click Here for Twitch Stream

Current Status: OFFLINE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

At the moment, my favorite experience is the paintball minigame from the social sports game, Rec Room. For those unfamiliar, here's a spree from one of the first games I played when the mode was released:

For those interested, my PC specs are:

• CPU: Intel i7 6700K (overclocked to 4.5Ghz)
  • CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
  • GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
  • ​MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151
  • ​RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz​
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Gold
  • HDD(s): Intel 335 Series 2.5-Inch 240GB SATA3 Solid State Drive (OS); Western Digital 3TB 7200RPM HDD; Western Digital 6TB 7200RPM HDD

If you're curious about anything VR/AR related, ask away!

I was thinking about you yesterday Kblocker, i hope eventually VR becomes good enough to play lifelike murder simulators etc, would be badass recreating old infamous moments too

I was thinking about you yesterday Kblocker

Hopefully good things! Hope all's well, bud.

i hope eventually VR becomes good enough to play lifelike murder simulators etc, would be badass recreating old infamous moments too

It is already that good. Don't know about that specific simulation... but I can safely say that what you're looking for is absolutely realistic (no pun intended)  using the HTC Vive.

lmao @ this thread

Thanks for the input, PM! Mind expanding on that?

How in the hell do we know if we're already in a sim? Cause, ive seen some shit man... And no, I do not take any drugs that alters the perceptions of a human brain.

anyway, theres more to life than meets the eye, i believe it surrounds light. can it be manipulated by a higher plane of existence, call it heaven or another dimension...?

questions, its what makes us human....or something else?

????