How should I handle my first time drinking

Going to prom with some lowkey alcoholics, and I put some money in for liqour to drink on the bus, never have drank before so would drinking henny be too much for a first time? Not trying to end my life like this man haha 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGqOBcuv8QY

Eat something and take it slow, unless you're looking to get sloppy drunk. I limit myself, I don't throw things back with no caution. My method, one drink (evaluate), two drinks (evaluate), etc. Never been super drunk, the last time that I pushed it and got really tipsy is when I was drinking it too fast+no food in my stomach.

You should be fine, I don't think it matters what you drink. It's how you drink.

The only correct answer is, with elegance.

You should handle it in a way that doesn't overanalyze - this very post among others youve made shows you mind this kind of thing quite some

Are you worried what people may think about how you hold yourself around alcohol?

Being among "low key alcoholics" might be putting that pressure on, but social drinking really is just about working with your own limits. While one may be able to drain bottles to get a decent buzz going, another may only need a couple drinks. And while some still know their limit, they may enjoy going passed it and getting sloshed - as if that's a good time.

"My ride home is the ambulance tonight!!"

No matter what people may promote, getting plastered is not good form, not a good look. Drink slow. Feel easy. Let the buzz come on when it does. Take a couple celebratory shots, but no more. Stick to a steady ride.

All this, of course, because it's prom and all you teens are youngwildnfree. Needless to say, once you get comfortable with the substance and how it jive with it, you can find your different limits. And drinking really doesn't have to be spilt for the sake of all the above.

just don't be a pussy like that guy and you should be good.

Fuck that video is a classic lol

drink as fast as you can. you don't want to seem like a fucking amateur do you? Whenever anyone asks how many drinks you have double the real answer and tell them that. talk really, REALLY loudly so everyone hears the first thing that's on your mind. avoid any sort of filter.
19 shots. 20 minutes.
drink as fast as you can. you don't want to seem like a fucking amateur do you? Whenever anyone asks how many drinks you have double the real answer and tell them that. talk really, REALLY loudly so everyone hears the first thing that's on your mind. avoid any sort of filter.
This is some sage fucking advice.

You should handle it in a way that doesn't overanalyze - this very post among others youve made shows you mind this kind of thing quite some

Are you worried what people may think about how you hold yourself around alcohol?

Being among "low key alcoholics" might be putting that pressure on, but social drinking really is just about working with your own limits. While one may be able to drain bottles to get a decent buzz going, another may only need a couple drinks. And while some still know their limit, they may enjoy going passed it and getting sloshed - as if that's a good time.

"My ride home is the ambulance tonight!!"

No matter what people may promote, getting plastered is not good form, not a good look. Drink slow. Feel easy. Let the buzz come on when it does. Take a couple celebratory shots, but no more. Stick to a steady ride.

All this, of course, because it's prom and all you teens are youngwildnfree. Needless to say, once you get comfortable with the substance and how it jive with it, you can find your different limits. And drinking really doesn't have to be spilt for the sake of all the above.

This is a great answer.

Just remember to eat before (get a good heafty meal, it will help a lot). Going in on an empty stomach would be the worst thing for you. Also since you said you are drinking liquor, it will sneak up on you if you start off drinking a good amount, so just be aware of that. Also it's always okay to just be done and go get some food and water (if people make fun of you for that, then just tell um to fuck off).

GLHF

eat a solid meal before going out or starting to drink. pace yourself. i would stick to beer if you have that option, wont hit you like a fuckin train, and youll be way less "fucked up". if you are drinking mixers, dont try to be a tough guy and mix them strong. just take them easy, especially for your first time

drink water before going to bed to avoid a hang over

if its your first time, alongside the advice above, i would say space out your drinks as much as possible.  dont binge drink in any way. 
Really pace yourself. Don't take shots but drink mixed drinks instead if liquor is your only option. You will get buzzed from a small volume of alcohol and it can sneak up on you. It does not by any means hit you immediately. Reinforcing the notion of a nice big meal beforehand -- that's pretty key. You'll have 1000000000x more fun barely getting tipsy than if you try to match the pace of your friends because vomiting is a very strong possibility. Lots of good advice so far though, follow it and you'll be good. Mostly what windex said tho.
tbt when dkhare claimed he took 20 shots in 20 minutes
Honestly though, I wouldn't even touch any hard stuff, just drink beer dude

I got alcohol poisoning at my prom. I wouldn't recommend it.

Advice? Pretty much a summary of what others have said:

• Take it slow
  • Don't drink on an empty stomach (until college :])
  • Stay away from liquor (maybe a shot but drink beer instead, not mixed drinks)

But I will add:

• If you've had anything to drink, do not drive

Prom should be one of the best times of your life. Don't ruin yours -- or anyone else's -- night/life by getting behind the wheel.

I hope you smash some fine pussy, youngblood. Enjoy yourself.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll take the drinking slow and i'll eat before, it will be hard liqour though

My Principal was smart enough to give a  presentation of why no one should be drinking and shit, we even had to sign slips to ensure our loyalty. Can't lie it got me kinda shook

Also I tried hennessy and the taste its self wasnt that bad, but just the after burn was weird

We got breathalyzed at every high school dance :\

You didnt get caught?

Just drink after prom? I'm sure there are afterparties.

I got alcohol poisoning at my prom. I wouldn't recommend it.

Advice? Pretty much a summary of what others have said:

• Take it slow
  • Don't drink on an empty stomach (until college :])
  • Stay away from liquor (maybe a shot but drink beer instead, not mixed drinks)

But I will add:

• If you've had anything to drink, do not drive

Prom should be one of the best times of your life. Don't ruin yours -- or anyone else's -- night/life by getting behind the wheel.

I hope you smash some fine pussy, youngblood. Enjoy yourself.

This cannot be stressed enough. 

jeez, you mericanos run some tight arseholes

​what is a prom night typically like

a senior at my school literally got decapitated on the way to the after prom party. I pass by his cross on the side of the road everyday I go to work. 

only solution: never drink
drink until your date looks good

a senior at my school literally got decapitated on the way to the after prom party. I pass by his cross on the side of the road everyday I go to work. 

shidddddd

You didnt get caught?

We didn't drink before the dances haha. We sometimes got high as balls. Some people brought flasks but would often get caught for that. We just got hammered after, it was fun. In high school it was enough fun to have a girl you liked grinding on your front end.

the most important rule i ever learned from my time at running frat parties is that nobody has ever died off of drinking JUST beer. your stomach will fill far before you will have enough alcohol in your blood to kill you.

please, please, please be careful with alcohol you fucking stupid high school idiots. 

.....so is he ok?

yeah few stitches later he's straight

Heh. Def take it slow as your body has no reference to how much you can take while it still being fun, specially with something with higher alcohol %. Drink some water every now and then if thats an option, else just take a break if youre feelin tilt. Care with chasers or mixed drink as it makes people feel/act like theyre just downing juice.

Just be mindful of yourself, get hyphy but be conscious of it and dont let it hit the rev limiter. Breathe deep when you feel pressured into anything and say fuck'em. It's fine to find your limits of comfort but dont go to the limits where your body rejects its stomach content. You may be called a pussy once or twice that night but you're not the dude feeling bad but saying you feel great and ending up projectile vomiting his initials on his date and the DJ, which these days would probably be recorded and put online. #famous 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9z4uYEKvJw

Can't remember who had this in their sig... But you should listen to Terence, always!

the most important rule i ever learned from my time at running frat parties is that nobody has ever died off of drinking JUST beer. your stomach will fill far before you will have enough alcohol in your blood to kill you.

please, please, please be careful with alcohol you fucking stupid high school idiots. 

Very well said

Drink until you need your stomach pumped.

Damn, that sucks. One of my friends got killed 6-7 months ago and I literally drive over the exact spot she died (dried blood and everything) every single day to and from work. Sometimes there's a bouquet of flowers.

As far as drinking goes, I think the advice has been pretty good. Everyone is different and you'll just have to learn your limits over time. Of course since you haven't drank and have no concept of how much alcohol will make you as an individual feel a certain way, the best thing to do is to be chill with it. You're going to prom so I'd just take a shot or two and leave it at that for like 30-60 minutes. Then do what tk said, have another and then wait to see how much different you feel etc. For your first time drinking though I wouldn't go over anything like 5 shots. There's nothing wrong with not going super ham and your friends will probably bust your balls for a little but that's it.