fractals, where it matters.

there's black and blue

yellow and gold

both are true

where parallel worlds

pull into you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-53CmCmg4

EPIC

You're all annoying for even participating in this charade. As a master human, I will let you know it's closer to blue and black, because my brain is built right. Science trumps your white and gold. It's white balance has been altered and the lighting is insane. Use Photoshop and figure it out yourself by testing the color codes. That isn't white. The lighting is just fucking with your mind.

pleb, there was a study done and 70% saw  gold and white. Always go with the majority in these scenarios. Sorry but you dont have superior human eye sight genetics 

bruh, the original dress was found on a website being sold in lack and blue. The second picture is very clear in being black and blue. :p

It is black an blue for me as well. As for the white-goldies around here, do yall have problems with seeing colors in dim light? Cuz i read somewhere it is due to a difference in the amount of cones, or at least how good they work.

Source:

"Your eyes have retinas, the things that let you interpret color. There's rods, round things, and cones that stick out, which is what gives your eye a textured appearance in the colored part. The "cones" see color. The "rods" see shade, like black, white and grey. Cones only work when enough light passes through. So while I see the fabric as white, someone else may see it as blue because my cones aren't responding to the dim lighting. My rods see it as a shade (white). There's three cones: small, medium and large. They are blue sensitive, green sensitive, and red sensitive. As for the black bit (which I see as gold), it's called additive mixing. Blue, green and red are the main colors for additive mixing. This is where it gets really tricky. Subtractive mixing, such as with paint, means the more colors you add the murkier it gets until its black. ADDITIVE mixing, when you add the three colors the eyes see best, red, green and blue, (not to be confused with primary colors red, blue and yellow) it makes pure white. —Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina's cones are more high functioning, and this results in your eyes doing subtractive mixing. —White and Gold: our eyes don't work well in dim light so our retinas rods see white, and this makes them less light sensitive, causing additive mixing, (that of green and red), to make gold."

am i the only one who sees blue and gold?

that's what i see as well

are you colourblind?

So OUT of this thread....better shit to do with my time 

am i the only one who sees blue and gold?

that's what i see as well

are you colourblind?

i don't think so.

someone @ my work is colour blind and he saw pink and gold apparently

still blue though, not white. and although the black looks more gold-ish, it still somehow looks like it is black with a yellow-ish light shone upon it, rather than truly gold. 

You're all annoying for even participating in this charade. As a master human, I will let you know it's closer to blue and black, because my brain is built right. Science trumps your white and gold. It's white balance has been altered and the lighting is insane. Use Photoshop and figure it out yourself by testing the color codes. That isn't white. The lighting is just fucking with your mind.

pleb, there was a study done and 70% saw  gold and white. Always go with the majority in these scenarios. Sorry but you dont have superior human eye sight genetics 

pleb, I just have a superior mind and was using my verbiage to troll. With that said, 70% of people listen to Drake. Proof of the human race faltering. The majority is definitely not where I inherently find shelter.

still blue though, not white. and although the black looks more gold-ish, it still somehow looks like it is black with a yellow-ish light shone upon it, rather than truly gold. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIiFoZ_Wr8#t=15s

thnk u
I still can't see how black would reflect such a shitstain colour.

Someone showed me this at work earlier today, it's white and gold for me... I seriously cannot get black out of it. I can see why some might see blue, but that gold is clearly gold to me. 

edit// and I just read elsewhere that people who see black / blue see the photo at face value... those who see white / gold are actively compensating for the lighting and aesthetic 

>tfw this situation is a goldmine for critique 
fucking shit. this morning it was white and gold, now it's blue and black
this dress could someday be a nice metonym for polarized views of putatively factual reality. also hey, isn't it cool when our vaunted Fancy Scientific human brains are shown to be a rats' nest of dirty hacks? humility is a good thing

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?
This dress is ruining my life.
I wonder how many people are going/have bought that dress.

i saw white and gold watched this for like 15 seconds and it changed right before my eyes then it switched back shortly after......science.

my fucking god...

shits blue and black...

OR IS IT?

i could imagine when aliens say....hello humans...

CHAOS>>>
CHAOOOOS>>>>>

this dress has caused so much discord between me, my loved ones, and my co-workers today... differing opinions, yet everyone is right, no one is wrong.

fuck this.. it's such a mindfuck.

I'm waiting for a factual, scientific explanation of this. 

plz respond

yayyy acid

since we're going all crazy with this dress....

how about... a ... photon belt..

would it affect our perception of light?

hmmm idk

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/video/details.php?id=1347

we're all gonna go crazy!

you lost me.

yeah, this is "light," because of wavelength, but.... wat? 

im just as confused by all this just as you....

so why not more confusion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GRf34QSd-A

when I first saw it it was blue. then yesterday evening i saw it again on facebook as white and gold and now in this pic it looks ble again

Im going to go out on a limb and suggest that if you see the dress as white/gold then you are more of a night person. You're eyes are more active at night in artificial light than in the day (rod dominant)

If you see the dress as blue and black then you are more of a day person (cone dominant)

If you see a variation of the two, you may be equally day/night and your perception is "fighting" itself to interpret it (ie - blue/gold, purple-white/gold)

hows that sound

I'd say vice-versa, because I see the dress as if it is near a window (natural light is a bit blue'ish) and therefore see white & gold. I assume those who see black & blue use artificial light, which is warmer (yellow).