FCC Passes Net Neutrality Rules in Victory for Open-Internet Activists

Well....shit...

http://www.nbcnews.com/

Ffs man all you did was link to NBC's homepage...
i don't care

this is actually really good news

—Why’s Net Neutrality important?
–Because of freedom and stuff.
—That’s cool. (cues up escaped llama livestream) Hey check this out.

—Why’s Net Neutrality important?
–Because of freedom and stuff.
—That’s cool. (cues up escaped llama livestream) Hey check this out.

Pretty much.

So... what should we be hating about utility internet? From what I've read on Reddit, this is pretty much a win for us compared to what the ISPs were gunning for. 

this is good.

i think.

because reddit told me so.

there's no way this isn't a win.
idk, but to me this is just a foot hold for more blah blah blah shit shit shitty talks to limit free thought.
Some good will definitely come out of it, but just like any other piece of legislation, it will be abused in ways we probably have not thought of yet
ffs you guys. we Literally just passed a law the keep the internet the way it is exactly in its current form. 

That's what I'm saying... I haven't seen a legitimate downside for this.. Utility ISP is what we've been fighting for. Please, enlighten me if you're against this.

I saw on Facebook Crest said that the internet is ruined now. 

Some good will definitely come out of it, but just like any other piece of legislation, it will be abused in ways we probably have not thought of yet
Luckily the FCC has control over the laws. 
people are so amazingly misinformed about what it actually is. The fight for net neutrality was to keep the internet EXACTLY THE WAY IT IS CURRENTLY and we just won that fight. there is no downside.

I'm just saying I'm skeptical is all. I think a healthy dose of cynicism would be beneficial. As far as I know, most people didn't second guess the PATRIOT act but look how that turned out.

Like good old Nancy Pelosi once said, "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it". And as far as I know the actual 300+ page document has yet to be made public and analyzed by the EFF.

I would have been much more afraid of the outcome if this ruling didn't get passed.
Im sure this will be next...just leads to more shit...

Internet, RIP?
by Ron Paul

Today the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), a non-elected federal government agency, voted three-to-two to reclassify broadband Internet as a common carrier service under Title II of the Communications Act. This means that – without the vote of Congress, the peoples’ branch of government – a federal agency now claims the power to regulate the Internet. I am surprised that even among civil liberties groups some claim the federal government increasing regulation of the Internet somehow increases our freedom and liberty.

The truth is very different. The adoption of these FCC rules on the Internet represents the largest regulatory power grab in recent history. The FCC’s newly adopted rule takes the most dynamic means of communication and imposes the regulatory structure designed for public utilities. Federal regulation could also open the door to de facto censorship of ideas perceived as threatening to the political class – ideas like the troops should be brought home, the PATRIOT Act should be repealed, military spending and corporate welfare should be cut, and the Federal Reserve should be audited and ended. 

The one bright spot in this otherwise disastrous move is that federal regulations making it more difficult to use the Internet will cause more Americans to join our movement for liberty, peace, and prosperity. The federal government should keep its hands off of the Internet!

rand paul's a fucking moron and so are you if you think any of is true.
....as the Republicans concede to Obama....
As I sit here trying to watch Hulu and the buffering is whooping my butt, I would like to thank our fabulous federal government for not allowing HUGE services like Hulu, Netflix etc. pay for additional speed. If you cannot balance a budget you are not smart enough to understand much less regulate or control the internet. Please, stop it. NOW. I suggest the actual owners of the internet backbones just shut it off until they repeal their over stretching money grabbing crap law.

There was a time that any and all information we got was from the three big networks. We had no idea if it was true or real or what, we just trusted them. That has changed, yes some of it is because of Fox, but most of it is now because of the internet. Do you think any of us would know that Obama was raised and influenced by Marxist and Communist if not for the internet? The Dems lost big in 2010 and even bigger in 2014, and a lot of that is because of information and connections we all make over the good ole world wide web. That is what this is all about. Nothing more then control of what we can see and hear and learn for ourselves. Government control of national healthcare, now of the internet. Fundamental Transformation to the biggest possible extent. Kinda makes one wonder about the stories about FEMA camps being true after all.

if not for the internet we wouldn't know that global warming is a hoax or that jet fuel can't melt steel beams

So the FCC won't let me be or let me be me so let me see
they tried to shut me down on MTV but it feels so empty without me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY

​lol