So I got a new Tattoo

So my buddy just started his apprenticeship a few weeks ago and he needed some fresh meat to practice on. Being a good friend and all and not being able to resist a free tattoo I agreed

I figured you guys might get a kick outta this.

I'm also going back in a few weeks when it heals to touch it up.

edit. The image I gave him,

is that wrist or ankle
It's above my left ankle. I wouldn't let him practice on my wrist loll. I also have plans for my arms.

I wouldn't let him practice on my wrist

why i asked

nice of you to do for him

Yessir, and if you compare it to the picture i wanted he didn't do a bad job.

Homie said he'll give me discounts when he gets better down the line. wink

Ive always wanted some sort of Halo tattoo. Maybe the my emblem ive used since forever.

That's actually what I've been planning, but I want to incorporate it into a full/half sleeve so it's not as noticeable, but it would still be there and mean the world to me.I've been spending forever on trying to come up with this as it would be my first tattoo. I want to draw it myself, or at the very least get someone else to draw my exact thoughts. All I can think of so far is some kind of clockwork theme, I think I want an owl somewhere, and my emblem in the same spot as it is on the spartan in-game.

Here's the emblem, I'm thinking about going with the same color scheme for the emblem part, but make the peach background behind the star more dynamic instead of the simple square it is, or maybe bursting out in lines on top/along with the rest of the parts of the sleeve. I started planning this 3 years ago, but I haven't gotten around to it because the shops in my town are the most sleazy dumps you'll ever see. I have to go somewhere else to actually get it done. Plus I'm not done with the planning of it either.

Any thoughts on it would be cool, I don't know how easy it is to see just from what I've tried to describe since I don't have anything solid to show, but I want some other colorful pieces in it as well, and the clockwork theme would be the major background for everything. Perhaps in a shade of dark, rusty brown or gold, or some other darker color. 

that colour scheme might be too delicate for a tattoo's aesthetic, in the sense that the peach might fade and blend into a blotch on your skin over time, and the three colours laid on top of each other in that kind of design can get confusing. this assuming youd keep it that way

tattoo artists will say that the best, long lasting ones are bold in colour, lining and composition

this is pure aesthetic talk, i dig the ideas

marksman, if i was to get that tattoo, i think i'd choose to get simple an clean rather than detailed and with different colors. Anyway, i have a big test friday, so i made 2 versions of your emblem in paint in a way i'd prefer if i would get it. I know you wanted to incorporate the square in the tattoo as well, so one of them still has the square.

and 

lol

are you a paint god or something
not per se, i'm just a god in general
The color scheme you're wanting is too flesh tone. It will fade into your skin. Also don't incorporate the square, it'll look tacky 

That's what I'm saying, I don't want the square in it. I want that color behind it, but instead of the square I want there to be like branches or tentacles stretching out to other parts of the sleeve and other pieces of it. Not actual tentacles, but something reminiscent of it. It's hard to explain, but I have a vision of it in my mind. It would start behind the actual emblem, covering it's behind like in the square, but it would stretch out around the clockwork, wrapping itself around it and other bits and pieces. Would it be possible to keep the colors if I decided to have some thick lining between to separate the parts, or is the color just a no-go no matterwhat? Otherwise, the ones Tarzan posted look pretty cool, and it's a cool look if I decide to make it colorless.

edit: also, this is just on of the bits of the sleeve. I want more individual pieces that each mean something to me in the whole thing, but I haven't made my mind up on all of them yet. As I said, an owl would be cool. I like owls.

Would it be possible to keep the colors if I decided to have some thick lining between to separate the parts, or is the color just a no-go no matter what?

i wouldnt. again, it's a nice colour but not for the tattoo medium. the star behind it also doesnt feel right - like it's trying to be the star with its edges while covering it. takes away more so than it adds, being back there

just some thought from over the screen mate you may disregard

Looks alright 

cringe though, halo is dead

halo is dead

on the halo forum? how could u?

Me likey. Good stuff.

That's what I'm saying, I don't want the square in it. I want that color behind it, but instead of the square I want there to be like branches or tentacles stretching out to other parts of the sleeve and other pieces of it. Not actual tentacles, but something reminiscent of it. It's hard to explain, but I have a vision of it in my mind. It would start behind the actual emblem, covering it's behind like in the square, but it would stretch out around the clockwork, wrapping itself around it and other bits and pieces. Would it be possible to keep the colors if I decided to have some thick lining between to separate the parts, or is the color just a no-go no matterwhat? Otherwise, the ones Tarzan posted look pretty cool, and it's a cool look if I decide to make it colorless.

edit: also, this is just on of the bits of the sleeve. I want more individual pieces that each mean something to me in the whole thing, but I haven't made my mind up on all of them yet. As I said, an owl would be cool. I like owls.

When I went in to start my sleeve last year I had crazy ideas like this. If your serious about this go and talk to your local shop, or find an artist you are comfortable with and see if he has an hour to spend talking with you about what you want. Half of the stuff I wanted him to do wasn't even possible, or it was but in a few years everything will eventually blend together. Find someone who knows what they are talking about it will help you develop your idea. Bouncing ideas with my tattoo artist really helped educate myself alittle about the process, and what to expect from him, and what he can do. Every artist is different, and every artist has strenghths and weaknesses.