Beer Discussion - Leave your Bud Light at the door, serious beers only.

Also been really into Irish (preferably red) ales lately.
added you on untappd, crafty.

Also been really into Irish (preferably red) ales lately.

We got an Irish red ale and an Irish dry stout on tap in time for the festivities. Both really good.

this thread inspired me to go try out some new beers instead of drinking the dos equis that i have in the fridge.

the ones on the right are beers that i'm going to experience for the first time, while the ones on the left are beers that like (so that it isn't a total waste of money if i don't like any of the others)

the fat tire and hoegaarden were good. didn't like the heineken.

I think New Belgium makes solid beers. Not a bad brewery to target as you start branching out.

Also, go to breweries/brew pubs. Talk to people. Learn things. Drink beer. Eat dope food.

This morning I passed by a little shop entirely dedicated to beers. I don't think I'd seen one like it in Seattle before, so I'll definitely be making a return trip next time I'm in the neighborhood.

How were these, Starbucks?

I haven't tried the Opal yet. I'll have that tomorrow night. Haven't opened the Curieux either, but I've had it a couple times. Awesome tripel. I might buy another bottle and let it sit for a few years.

I did try  the Blushing Monk the other night. Very sweet, some tartness. It's pretty much Rubaeus on steroids. Delicious. 

Right now, I'm drinking this:

One of the first craft beers I tried, along with Great Divide Yeti (bought them on my 21st birthday).

What kind is the Blushing Monk? Never had Rubeaus.

Did I mention I have a 6 barrel keg in a fridge next to my computer? It's dope.

Just a standard IPA, but it's great to drink casually every night.

What kind is the Blushing Monk? Never had Rubeaus.

A fruit beer.  It contains four times as many raspberries as Rubaeus, plus being fermented with a Belgian yeast strain.

Locally, they are trying to make craft micro-breweries a thing here.  The problem is that pretty much anyone who wants to party has two choices. Either go to Dixie Roadhouse (a country bar) or cross the bridge and go to Ft Myers, where they have tons of cool bars and actual culture.

I hope it passes.

Locally, they are trying to make craft micro-breweries a thing here.  The problem is that pretty much anyone who wants to party has two choices. Either go to Dixie Roadhouse (a country bar) or cross the bridge and go to Ft Myers, where they have tons of cool bars and actual culture.

I hope it passes.

Are micro breweries really not allowed where you live? I can't imagine. My girlfriend works at a brewery in town with some fan-fucking-tastic beers i get for $1.50 a pint.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/wugums/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_201... all new to me besides the Elysian. Excited to try these out. On another note, don't put neodymium magnets near your phone.

Drinking that right now. I also bought a bottle of Maine Beer Company Mean Old Tom and a 4-pack of New Holland Dragon Milk. I'm gonna let one of those sit for a few years. :)

Went to a bar with 100 beers on tap today. Tried one called "lawyers,guns,money"

amazing

Drinking that right now. I also bought a bottle of Maine Beer Company Mean Old Tom and a 4-pack of New Holland Dragon Milk. I'm gonna let one of those sit for a few years. :)

MBC is just not that good. They've only recently started up (1 year maybe?) and most of their product has a seriously bad after taste.

I'll give them 2 more years to perfect their taste. Dinner, Lunch and MOT however are ok. Not great, but not bad either

MBC is just not that good. They've only recently started up (1 year maybe?) and most of their product has a seriously bad after taste.

I'll give them 2 more years to perfect their taste. Dinner, Lunch and MOT however are ok. Not great, but not bad either

I don't know, I've only had that and Zoe from them. I've really enjoyed those beers (especially Zoe). They've been pretty difficult to find in my area. 

Need to try more Bruery stuff. The Wine Country near me has 7 or 8 things from them (Autumn Maple, Oude Tart, Tart of Darkness (already tried), etc.). Also interested in trying The Angel's Share from The Lost Abbey, but I'm a little hesitant to pay ~$15 for a 12.7 oz bottle. Deliverance was fantastic though.

On the search for the elusive Banded Horn brewery bottles today....

This stuff. 

That Darkest Hour imperial stout I got earlier last week was miserably skunky, I'm not sure what went wrong, but it tasted putrid, and when I poured the rest of the bottle into the sink, there was a thick gunk at the bottom.

I wondered if anybody he knows Rothaus ? I think it's the most popular nd most known beer for the Black Forest region in Germany.

I ended up buying the bottle of Angel's Share. It's pretty amazing.

Also grabbed this. New release from Weyerbacher, it's a stout aged in bourbon barrels with coffee.  Will try that tomorrow evening.

I'd be interested in trying a good coffee type beer. It does sound particular nice for a Sunday morning. 
Coffee stouts are my jam. I don't think I've had any that have been below average beers.

Lagunitas Cappuccion Stout and Terrapin WnB ftw

Also, Stone Enjoy By's now in 6 packs.
Jus' draynk a bear

Not one for fruitier/sweet beers but good lordy this brew is fantastic.

this ziegenbock amber is pretty good.

Also bought some Samuel Smith Yorkshire Stingo, Boon Oude Kriek Marriage Parfait (cherry lambic), and Zombie Killer cherry cyser. 

As for the Weyerbacher SMS, it was fucking awesome

The Interlude is exceptional, good looks.

Actually visited Allagash Brewery for their National Saison Day. Sampler was Saison, Century, Golden Brett & Interlude. Great palette of tastes tbh.

Walked next door to visit Bissell Brothers for the first time. They do not sell their cans anywhere but their small section of an old industrial building... Their shit sells out the instant they open. Luckily I snagged a 4 pack of Swish, their double IPA.

Capped the day with visiting Bunker Brewery, had a great IPL named Cipher that I'll be looking out for in the scene.

<3 Maine

Oberon is here for the season! smiley
So the liquor store I work at got some Founders KBS in. Finally get to try it, after 2 years of searching. Fuck yes!

I drink a lot of Stellas but Delirium is by far the best I've had
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/180/1385/