Beer Discussion - Leave your Bud Light at the door, serious beers only.

I love beer, and I'm sure there are more people on here that love beer too!

I'm living up in Alaska right now and there are so many amazing breweries, I've been drinking different beer everyday.

My "general drinking beer" is Newcastle, only because it is much cheaper than most brews on its level. I also regularly drink a lot of the Goose Island brews too.

Discuss your favorite beers! Are you in a beer of the month club? Let's talk!

I kind of just walked into a social media/marketing job at a nearby taphouse. 23 craft beers on tap every day.

Living the dream.

Add me on Untappd: Robpg

I created a thread like this on the old forum and I remember getting shit for saying my favorite beer is Yuengling haha. It still is, I love it.

Other than that though, some favorites are Shock Top Crisp Apple Wheat, the only apple beer I'll drink. I just started liking Blue Moon after giving them another try. And tons of cheap, beers that everyone knows about haha.

I created a thread like this on the old forum and I remember getting shit for saying my favorite beer is Yuengling haha. It still is, I love it.

Other than that though, some favorites are Shock Top Crisp Apple Wheat, the only apple beer I'll drink. I just started liking Blue Moon after giving them another try. And tons of cheap, beers that everyone knows about haha.

Yuengling is a pretty good beer, it's hard to come by where I'm at, it's more of an East coast thing. Have you tried the Stella Cider? It's the only mass marketed cider that I haven't wanted to vomit from.

Yes, I have! It's pretty damn good.

those beers are too sweet for me. They're just super sweet wheat beers

just the thread for me! I brew my own beers, currently brewing mead at the moment. 

Fav brewery is O'dells. Their Levity, Myrcenary and 90 schilling are in my opinion some of the best out there. I love Deschutes Brewery and Boulevard as well. 

I also collect seasonal 750ml beers and trade/sell them for 3-4x their value

IPAs have started to grow on me in the last year, but I still like my goldens and whites best. 

This is my favorite beer:

Try out Chainbreaker. It's a white IPA

Current roster

Hefe
http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/kellerweis

Stout
http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/stout

IPA
http://flyingdogbrewery.com/?beers=double-dog-double-pale-ale

I always pick up two 6 packs, one being a usual listed above, the other being something new. If I like, it gets added to the rotation. Current tester is Breckenridge Brewery's Avgave Wheat. I wanted to try more local brews, but this was a bit tangy for my tastes, and my idea of a wheat beer. Don't think I would get again, but it wasn't bad either.

http://www.breckbrew.com/brews/agave-wheat

I hesitate to call any beer my favorite. I just moved to Portland, which is HUGE for craft beers. My current strategy is to come to my taphouse and try something new every time. Luckily, I am able to do that, and track it on Untappd.

I really only call classes of beer my favorite. So currently, I've been in a dark stout phase for about a year. Anything with the words "dark", "coffee", "chocolate", etc., I grab a hold real quick.

Im aware I keep posting this in these threads for years now, but thats because.. you know.. its true

Check out the brewing company Rogue. They're from Oregon. They produce some of my favorite darker brews.

A nice high alcohol content Ale.

I drink  Miller and Blue Moon.

I haven't heard of half the shit in this thread.
Rogue and Lagunitas are my jam. Lag IPA is my standard beer, meaning there's a 12 pack in my house pretty much any day of the week.

Fuck yeah man! Lagunitas has slowly been dominating my weekly "create your own" six packs. I haven't even tried their IPA, i'll checkthat out tomorrow.

My fav Rogue beer.

No reason not to branch out brothaman. Blue Moon can be a good go-to beer because it's sweet and can be paired with most things on a summer night. Develop your pallette and start experimenting with different genres of beer.

Gonna suck when I move back to Michigan and can't get this stuff regularly anymore. 

Not my pic but essentially what I'll be doing when I get off here in a couple hours.

I see a lot of you guys praising Yuengling's. I wanna try that shit so bad, some of my northern buddies were raving about it the other day as well.

I've never tried an IPA beer. I heard it's an acquired taste.
If I were to walk into a bar right now, which one should I try?

IPA's generally have higher alcohol content. They have more hops so they'll have a "bitter" taste, put the beer on the back of your tongue when you drink it at first. It's definitely an acquired taste. I would HIGHLY recommend getting your IPA on tap rather than in a bottle. 

I personally would say Happy Camper IPA , Dogfish IPA, Sierra Nevada, or Chainbreaker (white ipa) if you're just starting out with IPA's but it all depends on what your bar carries. 

Gonna suck when I move back to Michigan and can't get this stuff regularly anymore. 

I

What part of Michigan? You can find it in any decent liquor store down state. I'm from the U.P. and there were literally only two stores i knew about where I could find it. The beer section in Kroger has it for sure though. EDIT: @WiNDeX , I have a hard time with most IPA's, it's not that I don't like them, but they give me instant heartburn. Goose Island's Urban pale ale is on point though and I can drink a sixxer before I get some heartburn.

Yeah man Goose Island is solid, their Honker's Ale is a staple here in Kansas.

IPA's have more alcohol and more carbonation so they'll definitely induce heartburn. Try bring a Tums with you, or drink it with food.

Mmm I love beer too. One of my favorites is the Titan IPA by Great Divide Brewery. I tried to brew something similar last month. It turned out ok, I'm more happy about the bottle caps.

This thread inspired me to go to the beer store. laugh

http://i.imgur.com/iNzYfI9.jpg

IPA's generally have higher alcohol content. They have more hops so they'll have a "bitter" taste, put the beer on the back of your tongue when you drink it at first. It's definitely an acquired taste. I would HIGHLY recommend getting your IPA on tap rather than in a bottle. 

I personally would say Happy Camper IPA , Dogfish IPA, Sierra Nevada, or Chainbreaker (white ipa) if you're just starting out with IPA's but it all depends on what your bar carries. 

Thanks for the recs.

Newcastle brown ale is the shit, i can only drink it straight from the bottle ice cold though. Cant stand it from a can or poured in to a glass ewww

Good on you for branching out a little man. Abita's Purple Haze is a pretty good raspberry beer.

Newcastle brown ale is the shit, i can only drink it straight from the bottle ice cold though. Cant stand it from a can or poured in to a glass ewww

yuuuuuuuup

Newcastle brown ale is the shit, i can only drink it straight from the bottle ice cold though. Cant stand it from a can or poured in to a glass ewww

Really? I like my Newc's in a chilled mug. Drinking beer from the correct glass actually enhances the flavor. I've got a couple of Nonic pints that seriously make most ales taste completely different/better.

Really? I like my Newc's in a chilled mug. Drinking beer from the correct glass actually enhances the flavor. I've got a couple of Nonic pints that seriously make most ales taste completely different/better.

Chilled glasses in the fridge always. To each their own, but a full bodied beer is almost always feels better in a glass. Got to get your nose all up in there, drinking from bottles almost seems like a mystery surprise anymore.

Picked up Avery's White Rascal, had it back in the hangar and enjoyed it, and I've been on a mission to try more local brews like I said last time. A very light witbier comparable more to a Hoegaarden than a Blue Moon. Sweet, but otherwise a bit plain really.

in af; Thread is goat

Currently enjoying:

For V-Day to me:

My favorite ale.

I've always got 2 pint glasses  and a Kolsch glass in the fridge for immediate beerage. I want to get a spiegelau for my IPA's

Have you guys ever had Boulevard Brewing Company? I think they only ship in the midwest but there's also a chance they're only local to Kansas/Missouri.

Frosty Newcastle after a good little date with the wife, today's concealed carry; my gen 4 G22. http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/wugums/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_201...

Have you guys ever had Boulevard Brewing Company? I think they only ship in the midwest but there's also a chance they're only local to Kansas/Missouri.

I know that I have, but specifics are eluding me.

_____

Worked my first 10 hour bartending shift at the taproom tonight. Spent most of the day looking for pairings for a raspberry chocolate cake for valentine's day after our chocolate stout ran out. Really fun trying to experiment with such things.