General Food Thread

the cheesy gordita crunch with the doritos shell is fire.. beef quesaritos arent bad either.

anyways been makin ramen with an egg and putting sriracha in it. shits amazing, egg give it a nice texture and feels like it fills me up way more than it would without

Had my first gordita today :O It was alright too.
every time I've read you fucks talk about this gordita over the years I've thought well shit that sounds unappetizing

every time I've read you fucks talk about this gordita over the years I've thought well shit that sounds unappetizing

A flat bread taco is unappetizing? What? lol. 

that fucking name

the cheesy gordita crunch with the doritos shell is fire.. beef quesaritos arent bad either.

anyways been makin ramen with an egg and putting sriracha in it. shits amazing, egg give it a nice texture and feels like it fills me up way more than it would without

I do do the same thing when I make Shin Ramyun. Adding an egg is key, and extra spice, whether it's crushed red pepper or sriracha. yes

My girlfriend and I have built a new obsession for hickory flavored BBQ sauce, and are slowly becoming connoisseurs. We scoff at store brand stuff, and it seems like all of our meals lately revolve around ways to use the sauce. It's becoming a major theme of both of our diets. Right now we're cycling through Sweet Baby Ray's and Jack Daniel's sauce. Even typing about it makes me want to go eat.
Too bad you don't live down here, BBQ sauce is like it's own aisle (same with salsa). Stubbs is the big thing here, still haven't picked up the sauce or been to it yet.
What can I do to get better flavor in my chicken? When I made it last time, I had pretty good flavor on the outside, but not so much at the middle. These were pretty thick breasts, I would say 10-12 oz a piece (made two). I let them marinade for about 40 mins after poking holes in them with a fork. Cooked them in the oven at 450 for about 13 mis a side. I saw that Al did about 20 mins a side, texture looked better mine on the outside. Could I combine a marinade and a rub to get a better flavor?

I've honestly never been able to get much flavor IN the thick breasts, even with marinating (but I don't marinate for more than an hour, some ppl marinate up to 24hrs). I've also tried using a fork and then marinating (trying to get the marinate into the holes), made a homemade rub and then using BBQ sauce, etc. This is why I usually have something saucy or seasoned sides to go with it. The outside is usually really good but the more in you go the more bland it is. :/

**the only exception is lemon juice for me. I had one recipe that called for lemon juice on top and you could definitely taste the lemon all in it.

How do you handle cooking things that require different times and temperatures? I have one that says 425 for 20 mins and another at 350 for 30 mins. :/

What can I do to get better flavor in my chicken? When I made it last time, I had pretty good flavor on the outside, but not so much at the middle. These were pretty thick breasts, I would say 10-12 oz a piece (made two). I let them marinade for about 40 mins after poking holes in them with a fork. Cooked them in the oven at 450 for about 13 mis a side. I saw that Al did about 20 mins a side, texture looked better mine on the outside. Could I combine a marinade and a rub to get a better flavor?

mine were 1lb each and still a tiny bit frozen. If not for that I would have done 15 minutes but its whatever.

next time I want to poke holes then smother in bbq to marinate. Probably 24 hours. Then put on the rub and bake.

how high do you guys set the stove when fixing hamburgers? My stove is low-1-2-3-4-5-6-hi. Initially set it to 6 but seems like outer edge was cooking too fast/getting burnt before the middle could thoroughly cook. Wondering if I should set it to like 4.5 or something.
Had some French Onion Soup. With a fresh baguette cut up and some provolone overtop. Good eats.

how high do you guys set the stove when fixing hamburgers? My stove is low-1-2-3-4-5-6-hi. Initially set it to 6 but seems like outer edge was cooking too fast/getting burnt before the middle could thoroughly cook. Wondering if I should set it to like 4.5 or something.

Odd that your stove only goes up to six. Mine goes up to 9 then HI. I would set it to medium, so for you it'd be about 3-4, cooking anything slower is almost always better.

And you better be eating that shit rare.

Odd that your stove only goes up to six. Mine goes up to 9 then HI. I would set it to medium, so for you it'd be about 3-4, cooking anything slower is almost always better.

just fixed a hamburger

did what you said, left it at 3-4 and with a little pink in the middle

so gewd. so damn gewd

just fixed a hamburger

did what you said, left it at 3-4 and with a little pink in the middle

so gewd. so damn gewd

fuck yeah boiiii. glad i could change a life today. do the same shit with eggs if you cook those. cooking eggs slower gives them a much better texture/taste.

I've never eaten a hamburger that was pink inside. Is it better?

yess, cooking almost anything on low/med temperature is better unless youre trying to sear it/get a crust.  i cant eat anybodys overcooked rubbery scrambled eggs anymore..

also just became a man and stopped ordering my steaks well done a couple years ago. i dont think cooking it perfectly well done is too much of a problem, but some people just burn the shit out of the steak to make sure its done. then i went to med-well and just started getting well done so now im at medium.  i honestly dont notice that much of a difference in tenderness if at all, but it always has a damn good taste

This makes me sad. It is infinitely better. I haven't had a burger that wasn't medium rare/rare since I was a kid.

This makes me sad. It is infinitely better. I haven't had a burger that wasn't medium rare/rare since I was a kid.

yess, cooking almost anything on low/med temperature is better unless youre trying to sear it/get a crust.  i cant eat anybodys overcooked rubbery scrambled eggs anymore..

also just became a man and stopped ordering my steaks well done a couple years ago. i dont think cooking it perfectly well done is too much of a problem, but some people just burn the shit out of the steak to make sure its done. then i went to med-well and just started getting well done so now im at medium.  i honestly dont notice that much of a difference in tenderness if at all, but it always has a damn good taste

eat thinner steaks rare and thicker steaks medium rare.

I can't eat pink meat, makes me physically sick sometimes. Hamburgers being the worst. Completely well done meat for me. :3

fixed an almost 10lb ham in the crockpot on friday. Tonight is the first chance I've had to try it.

Was in there for probably 10-11 hours since we worked late. This shit literally falls apart. Cooked it with ~2 cups of brown sugar thrown in. Not as sweet as I thought but still damn good topped with maple syrup.

nigga anything is good topped with maple syrup

http://tinypic.com/r/2d8rwb4/8

had sushi today for the first time. I honestly hate fish unless it's something super deep fried like fish sticks or some fast food fish chain. Gf demolished like 4 roles, miso soup and cheesecake. I had an orchard roll. Spicy tuna, avocado, spicy mustard sauce and some other shit I can't remember. First piece was really odd, but the more I ate the more I liked it. Ordered a second roll with fried salmon and I couldn't eat it. This fish taste was too strong. 

sushi is literally 2dank
Enjoy that mercury dawg 

Cooked steak, potatos and asparagus for my gf and I for dinner. Steaks were medium, wanted medium rare but I cooked them too long. Still good eats. She had never eaten a steak before.

http://tinypic.com/r/9hknb4/8

Is she from America? I'm flabbergasted!

we went for Mexican food tonight and my boyfriend was asking me what a burrito was.... Say what lol. Checked off pot roast but he's never had meat loaf and doesn't even know what brisket is. I feel like a kid showing him all our awesome food.

i could use some steak in my life though

she's from vietnam. I've introduced her to a lot of new food and she has for me too. 
My wife made some fish tacos for "May the 5th be with you" and they were so fucking on point

Crushed so much Viet food today. They're serious about their food but they love american beer. I'm more of a Belgian or German type but I didn't turn it down. Pounded 2 bottles while eating so much pork, chicken, pho and a whole bunch of other shit that I don't even know the name of. 

http://tinypic.com/r/30rp8nr/8