Workout/Bodybuilding III: Revengeance: Part Deux

Catalyst is awesome. Went there for my first lift yesterday and just did some light work to get moving again after a week of driving down to San Jose and moving in (haven't lifted since last wednesday). 

The gym itself is a lot bigger than I thought, and has a similar layout to cal strength (long and narrow, high ceiling), although it's a little wider. 10 platforms, each with a squat rack, some jerk blocks, floor blocks, cages for pullups/band stuff etc. The atmosphere is awesome, and they have two coaches walking around at all times, with a good upbeat energy. I'm really excited to train there for the next year or so and see how I progress, because I already have a really good feeling.

Oh and best part, it's 15 mins away in peak rush hour traffic. I was driving 1-1.5 hours since may to go to my coach back in Seattle since traffic is shittier up there.

Expecting big things out of you Wiley. 

Greg walked up, introduced himself, and starting snatching on the platform next to me.  Nopenopenopenope. I may or may not be randomly in the background of some of the vids that come out, but they tend to angle it towards the back that platforms where the team prefers to train on.

yfw I live 30 minutes from Willey now
Went in to bench 245x4x3 paused. benched 245x5x3 paused then 255x5 touch and go. Lololoololololololol. deload + ferox t break ended today. Psyched.

V close to 215lbs; I'm 211 now. 

damn how tall are you? 

Greg walked up, introduced himself, and starting snatching on the platform next to me.  Nopenopenopenope. I may or may not be randomly in the background of some of the vids that come out, but they tend to angle it towards the back that platforms where the team prefers to train on.

jellier than a muh fucka

6'5"
Any recommendations for a coffee flavored protein? 
Black coffee mixed with chocolate flavored whey.

ain't nobody got time to make coffee just to put it in a shake. 

though that sounds pretty good. 

maybe be ill buy some premade black coffee

also finally registered for my meet. 198 class. Back on my icecream and Greek yogurt game. Weighing 180-181 in the AM and I see no need to cut for my first comp plus these next couple of weeks of training are going to kick my ass and soul and spine. 

also so got an sbd singlet cause why would I ask for advice then listen to it? Got a Large so hopefully that fits. 

True Nutrition has a great coffee flavor.

ain't nobody got time to make coffee just to put it in a shake. 

though that sounds pretty good. 

maybe be ill buy some premade black coffee

also finally registered for my meet. 198 class. Back on my icecream and Greek yogurt game. Weighing 180-181 in the AM and I see no need to cut for my first comp plus these next couple of weeks of training are going to kick my ass and soul and spine. 

also so got an sbd singlet cause why would I ask for advice then listen to it? Got a Large so hopefully that fits. 

Lol if you're already 181 you'd be fine for 181. You can drop like 6-8lbs of water without hardly trying that hard, and you get a day after weigh in to eat and rehydrate yea? You're gonna weigh in at like 187 I feel haha. And a large may be big until you get into the mid 190s. My medium still has room to stretch when I'm around 190

weigh ins are 7-9am and lifting starts at like 10am. 

there are weigh ins the night before but the meet is 2.5 hours away. 

plus my whole family is busy and I don't have any friends so it's going to be hectic enough  as it is. 

I think I've pretty much hit my genetic limit so I finally hopped on the creatine. Hoping to add at least 50lbs to my total. 

Big week of training next weekend, eating entire pizzas and pounds of creatine this weekend. excited. 

Good luck man! 

I recently stopped taking creatine, I lost like 5-8 pounds from doing so. All that water weight is gone but I look more cut. 

Came into bench 255x4x3, ended up hitting 255x5x3, 265x2 and then 275x2. all paused. 

Had to stop myself from benching more. I still have two bench sessions and 1 press session this week. 

Incredible gains. Work capacity is through the roof as is strength and technique. I have my sights on lmao three plate. Inb4 I can almost bench what I squat. 

Came into bench 255x4x3, ended up hitting 255x5x3, 265x2 and then 275x2. all paused. 

Had to stop myself from benching more. I still have two bench sessions and 1 press session this week. 

Incredible gains. Work capacity is through the roof as is strength and technique. I have my sights on lmao three plate. Inb4 I can almost bench what I squat. 

yfw I can hardly pause 200lbs on bench.
yfw my number of lifts and relative volume is higher
Sumo deadlifted 335 for 5 beltless today at a bw of 160. All time best 5RM is 365 beltless, but at 180 bw. All lifts are going good despite body weight staying low. Squatted 265 for 5 beltless today as well. Going for 180 bench paused triple next time I bench as well.

Been focusing heavily on my positions, especially off the floor. Finally having a nice smooth bar path without any shitty hip banging or a horizontal back off the floor.

This is about 90%, hit 90% on CJ right after despite taking most of the last week off from lifting and doing hard labor instead. I smell PRs soon.

https://instagram.com/p/6Tzotzh6KB/

Benched 255x4x3 then 265x3@9 then pulled 440x3@8.5 (Alltime 1RM)

Two weeks of volume then heavy doubles then deload and profit: 

Aiming for 285x2 Bench and 455x2 deadlift. Then my comp would go 255,275,295, 425,455,475-485. 

then rerunning this program for 10weeks into my next comp. Going for 300/365/500

No big deal, just a youth/junior/senior american record by a 15 yr old. Also a youth world record...

https://instagram.com/p/6YpaZAzGp9/

yfw not fully locked out.

also that's just fucking mind boggling strength. Americas only shot for an Olympic medal. 

Chances he drops Olympic lifting for a more lucrative sport relatively soon?

Chances he drops Olympic lifting for a more lucrative sport relatively soon?

He's stated that he wants to use weightlifting to be stronger for football and wants to be a runningback. But regardless of how strong he is, he's like 5'4" 148lbs so he's gonna have to grow quite a bit.

the question is, is he any good at football? 

I've heard some people say he is, but then again he's like a freshman in HS so who knows. May just be hype due to his strength.

Oh and mattie rogers moved up from 63/138 to 69/148 weight class and just clean and jerked 120/265...shes 20. fuck

Benched 225x8x3 Paused on Tuesday, Paused Close Grip Bench Press 205x5x7, then hit 225x12 today. 

My fore arms feel like they are getting shin splints. Fuck. 

315 on December 12th, it's gunna happen. 

Damn gurl you gettin strong.

I tweaked my back again somehow. I literally came in feeling fucking awesome on monday, and while using a band to stretch my hips my back felt tight, but not painful. Tried snatches that day and couldn't pull over 70/154 off the ground without losing tension. Not really any pain, but just a tightness and lack of ability to keep my low back tight on that side. It's a lot better by today but it's still frustrating as fuck that it's still weak, and I have no idea what caused it.

Damn gurl you gettin strong.

I tweaked my back again somehow. I literally came in feeling fucking awesome on monday, and while using a band to stretch my hips my back felt tight, but not painful. Tried snatches that day and couldn't pull over 70/154 off the ground without losing tension. Not really any pain, but just a tightness and lack of ability to keep my low back tight on that side. It's a lot better by today but it's still frustrating as fuck that it's still weak, and I have no idea what caused it.

every time I've tweaked my back I've realized one my glutes wasn't firing well. 

The he only warm up I do now a days are planks supersetted with reverse hypers cat camels and back cracking and then band pull aparts during warm ups for bench and foam roll my electors if my back is super thrashed. 

I do a very quick version of the limber 11 while i'm at home, then drive to the gym and do a little band work on my hips, maybe hang from a pullup bar a bit to get my lats/back a bit more open if they're tight, and then some unweighted reverse hypers. And then some empty bar movements like presses/squats/ohsq until I feel good to snatch or cj or whatever.

And yea my low back was having trouble firing and when I focused on squeezing my glutes it felt a lot better during the lifts so it may be from that.

Got pulled over by a cop at like 2 AM. He was flashing his light through my windows looking at my shit, and noticed my belt and workout bag in the back of my car and asked if I worked out. Ended up talking to him about powerlifting for like 10 minutes lol