Official Anime/Manga Help and Discussion Thread

been a while pal life sort of happens when youre too fucking busy to keep on what matters
been a while pal life sort of happens when youre too fucking busy to keep on what matters
Say what now fellar
Started watching Dragon Ball Kai with subtitles so I can watch the entirety of the episodes, since it will be some time before the Buu saga gets dubbed. I also never took to the Japanese VA of DB & DBZ, unlike most other anime where I would prefer it, so I thought I would give it a chance to sink in. The new movie will be out with subtitles before the dub is released later this Summer, so I want to be caught up and know these voices well enough so that they don't seem so out of place. Goku still sounds like an aged little girl on steroids with strep, but whatever.
I CANNOT watch anime unless it's in English. I wish I could 

that's a shame since I think most of Gurren Lagaan's dub is terribad

ps. watch baccano dub. the best the best the best

A lot of the emotion in the delivery from the VA's is completely lost with many dubs. Try Gurren Lagann subbed, completely different experience imo.
Or anything with Steve Blum in it.
I grew up with Dragonball and DBZ in both Japanese and Funimation. I appreciate and enjoy both. I have more nostalgia with Funimation but there are some great moments in the Jap version. Also kai is in my opinion the best way to experience the series overall(after hopefully already seeing the original series first) The picture quality is superior to all other releases and the colors and show largely looks as it was intended to(that also being in 4:3 as it was made in instead of cropped to 16:9 like with the terrible orange brick sets. Which I use to like until I realized how many errors it had and just generally how shitty the cropping was)  And both the original Jap and English dub are top notch with Kai. Especially the English dub, the script is much more accurate to the original and the voice actors do a much better job given there many years of experience now voicing these characters. 
I will try it out guys. I just feel like I miss out on what's going on cause I'm too busy reading. I wanna get into it because I want to watch Attack on Titan 
Just think of how stupid your favorite shows sound with a foreign dub.
Once you try it on one anime eventually you'll get use to it. 
watching JJBA was the best decision I've ever made
Just finished up Barakamon, gr8/8. 

y u so sick

aside from dbs, this is the only "cool japan" show airing this season.

https://vimeo.com/132496803

^I would agree. It reminds me of Black Lagoon a lot but not to bad at all so far currently. 

I heard the the manga is pretty good, so I gotta check that out. 

AMV I made the other day with some footage included from the new  Resurrection of F movie. 

I'm one if those generic jackasses that watches/reads mainstream stuff such as DBZ, Naruto, etc.

In terms of Naruto, it's sort of a double edged sword. I endure a lot of bullshit for even a moment of awesomeness. I loved part one mostly due to the spotlight different protagonists received. After Shippuden started, that slowly died off, and the main characters and villians received far too much attention. 

But moments come, such as Might Guy 8-gates, which, IMO, was one of the most beautiful fights in manga history. Too bad Thursdays upcoming episode looks like they botched it in terms of animation. 

And about the anime, I really expected a lot more for such a high ranking anime. As time progressed, animation and detail dropped significantly, and much more flashbacks and filler have been made. And I guess we can blame the movies for that. Which I couldn't give 2 shits about. Canon or not, they suck.

I like to compare Kishimoto with George Lucas. Both in control of a beautiful plot, setting, and characters, but have horrible direction, and make terrible decisions without advice from others. Basically like giving superpowers to a retard.

Plus, I'd like to give Kishimoto a Grade-A asswhoopin over how terrible he is with handling romance and character development. 

All in all, I suppose the show is somewhat of a burden. It taunts me with immense potential, but takes horrible direction sometimes. And having watched it since it first aired on CN, I can't help but go back to it. But now that the manga is over, all that's left is to see the final fights animated. 

Again, the series has it's moments, I just have to cope with the bullshit imbetween.

Does he even have any direct involvement with the anime? I mean, the drop in overall quality once Shippuden started is seen in the manga as well and they clearly dragged it out because he either had no idea how to wrap the story up, or was pressured by publishers to string it out.
Not entirely sure if he calls the shots. But he writes the movies, and I would assume he has a large influence on the anime production. I'm not saying he can make every episode pristine, but all of the animation budget being poured into these movies really takes it's toll on the weekly anime value. I would really love to see a proper send off for the manga storyline. But I suppose profit is mostly on their mind. 

Working Season 3 is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyDmfeqN38I

Started watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Plan to finish it by the end of the year. Pretty great so far. Can't keep track of all these characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwTn5CKubN8

Haven't watched anything in a month. But last I watched was Gundam 00 re-watching it from both seasons.

Watching Hellsing for the first time right now.

These gifs tho. 

Just finished watching Shinsekai Yori and can only recommend the show. Definitely worth the watch for those looking for a new show to watch.
Just finished watching Shinsekai Yori and can only recommend the show. Definitely worth the watch for those looking for a new show to watch.
I got 10 or so in and dropped it when it was airing. I'll give it another try I guess.
Different tastes maybe, I enjoyed it, but maybe it's not for everyone? I was hooked after just a few episodes.

Watching Hellsing for the first time right now.

Best anime ever.

Watching Yu Yu Hakusho for the first time. Seems promising. :)

It's kinda like a mix of DBZ and Bleach.  Deffy one of my favorite anime/mangas.

Makes me miss the old Toonami :*(

manglobe (ergo proxy, Michiko to Hatchin, Samurai Champloo, deadman wonderland, twgok, etc) went bankrupt and closed down. thus, gangsta went down the shitter in quality and ended ambiguously.

kekkai sensen finally aired it's final episode after 5 months or something.

soranowoto was a great watch. if you like moe, but you like your moe with a bit of war torn post apacolyptic military jargon, then you'll love it.

Finished the first season of JoJo's. Totally dope.

Nothing amazing this season unless you're into One Punch Man or have sequels to watch. http://anichart.net/fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpVSbmphSQ