Official Anime/Manga Help and Discussion Thread

This is the official discussion thread for anything Anime and Manga related.

Useful Resources:

http://myanimelist.net

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com

http://anichart.net/

http://gendou.com

Need a recommendation? Check out some of these titles.

Karizzma Recommends (from old thread):

Funny - Abenobashi Magical Shoping Arcade, Full Metal Panic, FLCL, Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh.
Romance - Fruit Basket, Chiobits.
Action/Gore - Gantz, Elfen Lied, Samurai Gun, Battle Royale, Saiyuki, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, Gunslinger Girl, Hellsing, Read or Die, Trigun.

Crucifix Recommends:

Funny - Nichijou, Daily Lives of Highschool boys, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Love Lab, FLCL, Abenobashi, Angel Beats, Yuyushiki, Plastic Nee-san, Working!!, The Devil is a Part Timer, Inferno Cop

Romance - Spice and Wolf, Bakemonogatari, Toradora, Cross Game, 5 centimeters per second, The World God Only Knows, Welcome to the N.H.K.

Action/Adventure - Baccano!, Kara no Kyoukai Series, Log Horizon, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Space Dandy, Hunter X Hunter, Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, Hellsing Ultimate, Trigun, Little Witch Academia, Durarara, Persona 4: The Animation, Fate/Zero, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.

Mystery/Thriller: Monster, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Death Note, Eden of the East, Mawaru Penguindrum, Serial Experiments Lain, Steins;Gate, Kaiji, The Tatami Galaxy, Darker than Black, UN-GO

Mecha/Space: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Gundam 00, Planetes, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Evangelion Rebuild Series, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (2012), Eureka Seven, Outlaw Star, Patlabor

Movies: Redline, Patema Inverted, Wolf Children, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Lupin III:  The Castle of Cagliostro, Summer Wars, Ninja Scroll

Slice of Life/Misc: Usagi Drop, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Mushishi, Time of Eve, Kino's Journey, Ano Hana, Kaiba, Kokoro Connect, Ping Pong The Animation

the work which becomes a new genre itself: Cowboy Bebop

1th

Finished Sword Art Online recently, absolutely loved it. Getting through Fullmetal Alchemist right now and excited to start on Brotherhood. 

Noice

Everyone should watch Death Parade this season. Giving me goosebumps.

Fate/Stay Night isn't bad so far, I'm enjoying it. Can't wait to get to Fate Zero and see my man Kiritsugu clap some niggas.
Haven't watched anything recently on updated anime series I'm into, but watched a marathon of DBZ yesterday and later on today I might as well. Depends.

Your Lie in April might  be my favorite anime so far from this season, parasyte and jojo are also up there for me.

I may check out death parade but idk since im already watching so many other things as of now.

I've watched and am watching and rewatching waaayyyyyyyy to many animes .

Rewatching Shippuden, Ghost in the shell, Cowboy Bebop, and Champloo

Watching Psycho-Pass 2, Deadman Wonderland, and Tokyo Ghoul.

I watched Summer Wars tonight. I'm not into anime but I enjoyed it. The humour was cute, the characters were likeable, and the story had good subliminal messages to be applied to real life.
I'm not really one to enjoy slice of life anime, but Mikakunin de Shinkoukei is definitely an exception to that!
After having watched Spice and Wolf, I cannot take other budding anime romances seriously. 

Starting on Death Note right now. 

I got bored of Fullmetal Alchemist. I got pretty far but it just seems childish. I'll come back to it later. 

If you enjoyed that I think you might really like Wolf Children it's by the same director/creator. 

Agreed, Wolf Children is awesome.
LOVING Death Note so far. And thanks guys, I'll definitely check that out once I'm done with this 
Finished Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis an hour ago. A simple story in an awesome world with amazing action and characters. Too bad the ending feels rushed, though. It would've been better if they split the last episode into two. 8/10

speaking of wolves, I was thinking of watching Wolfs Rain. Strange concept but seems interesting.

Also it isnt anime, but Over the Garden Wall is a short 10 episode series that premiered on Cartoon Network recently, and its the best thing they've made in years. Instant favorite.

I've watched 4 episodes of Wolf's Rain last night, it's quite interesting so far.
Just finished Sword Art Online, loved it. Trying to decide on a new series to watch, gave cowboy bebop a try because of all the great reviews but just couldn't get into it. Considering psycho pass. Any other suggestions?
If you liked SAO, watch Log Horizon. It's similar though! If you want something else I'd say watch Shinsekai Yori.
Just caught up to the latest episode of Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu a couple of days ago. I have to say that I really enjoyed it so far. I've also been watching something called Majin Bone as well. The character design in Majin Bone was done by Yusuke Murata - the artist of Eyeshield 21 and  the newer rendition of One-Punch Man.
For a show based on a card game, Majin Bone has been an absolute blast. I went in expecting the characters to be rather flat and the story dull, definitely one of the biggest surprises from last year for me.

For a show based on a card game, Majin Bone has been an absolute blast. I went in expecting the characters to be rather flat and the story dull, definitely one of the biggest surprises from last year for me.

Same here. It's awesome.

Still waiting on Liebert to level up. For a character that has received so much characterization, she's been more or less relegated to a glorified chauffeur.

Started/caught up on Death Parade yesterday and im glad i picked it up, really enjoying it.  Also the opening is really catchy.

On another note Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is killing me slowly week by week, first anime ive watched that has engulfed me like this.

edit: Shigatsu opening is also really nice (best one i can find on youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeJTNN8_jLI

Shigatsu opening is also really nice (best one i can find on youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeJTNN8_jLI

aww yeeee son.

edit: took me this long to remember where I've heard goose house before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHvFj1sHIv8

God damn I love Death Note, I know I've already said that in an earlier post. But man, this anime is great. 

I don't want it to end haha

Never watched it. Assuming it follows the manga faithfully, the second half wasn't as good imo.
I'm not sure if it does, I've never read the manga. I'd recommend watching it though. 
Pretty sure there are some small differences. 

Spoilers

Blew through Eden of the East and loved it. Have to watch the two movies now. I'm just sad it was such a short series. I legitimately have a crush on Takisawa. Next series I'm starting is Ergo Proxy. Never thought I'd ever watch anime.

Personally, I was disappointed with the films. You'll understand when you see the ending of the second one. The series itself was great though!

Definitely awesome series on both..I  haven't watched Ergo Proxy in forever but definitely badass series as well.