What Is It Like To Have Never Felt An Emotion?

Not sure if this will be interesting to anyone else, but I feel like I've finally found an accurate description of what I've been dealing with for basically my entire life. There are a lot of very specific thought processes and the quotes in this article are literally the paraphrased words I've been telling everyone this entire time. It even goes into the EXACT health things that I've dealt with and talked about at length on here over the years if anyone remembers reading those posts.

idk, I just feel like this might actually be the thing that I have:    http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150818-what-is-it-like-to-have-never-f...

So basically what you're getting at here is that if Hannibal ever gets a fourth season, you should join the cast and then they can do some more of the "killer of the week" episodes. 
I feel sorry for you if you are experiencing the same problems and difficulties they are describing in the article. I'm guessing you have been in contact with a therapist regarding this? This is probably not the response you were hoping for, but I'm going to ask anyway. Have you tried MDMA? If so, how would you describe the experience?

I'll have to brush up on my acting skills lol.

@lambee: It's fine, as you can probably imagine based on the article that it's not something that bothers me in that sense. I'm not sure what response I "wanted" but I just read this and went, "holy..." so I wanted to share :)

Yea I've dabbled in X and molly although the "good feelings" were pretty much all physical sensations. Being touched physically felt good, didn't notice much difference on the mental front. 

Also no on the therapy thing. Never seen a therapist or psychologist in my life, although I've gone through periods of curiosity.

for real tho ^

Well, I didn't want to give the impression that I viewed your thread like a reddit "I'm a Alexes, Ask Me Anything" kind of thread. If you have been struggling with a sense that you have been somewhat disconnected with the people around you, then I don't know how it was for you to discover a possible and reliable explanation to it. The cautious approach was in the interest of not hurting your feeling, which is a bit ironic. But then again, I don't want to be disrespectful. And this is becoming a bit meta and weird for me now...

I don't think I have read any of your posts regarding your health or your situation. Seek help with an expert, if you haven't already. Wish you all the best, XYOX!

Well, I didn't want to give the impression that I viewed your thread like a reddit "I'm a Alexes, Ask Me Anything" kind of thread. If you have been struggling with a sense that you have been somewhat disconnected with the people around you, then I don't know how it was for you to discover a possible and reliable explanation to it. The cautious approach was in the interest of not hurting your feeling, which is a bit ironic. But then again, I don't want to be disrespectful. And this is becoming a bit meta and weird for me now...

I don't think I have read any of your posts regarding your health or your situation. Seek help with an expert, if you haven't already. Wish you all the best, XYOX!

Haha yea thanks, I really didn't want it to come across like some AMA bullshit. Although it's not a "sense" of being "somewhat" disconnected. I literally don't feel anything other than SUPER broad and basic things. Aside from basic primal instincts, I pretty much keep a steady line of apathetic indifference. I don't miss people, I don't get happy or excited, I don't get sad or devastated etc. As for hurting my feelings, that's not even something that can happen rofl.

The part in the article where the interviewee was saying that his relationship was a conscious effort was exactly the conversation I had when I broke up with my girl earlier this year. I didn't buy her gifts because I wanted to do something nice for her, I bought her gifts because that's what people in relationships do, and I only know that because other people have told me (and I don't live under a rock, but the point is it wasn't something that originated with me and how I felt because well...I didn't).

I wanted to say it sucks to be you, but I guess you wouldn't know what that feels like (emotionally of course, not literally).

Well I mean it kinda sucks because it's boring. There's no excitement or ups and downs. It's good because it's steady and stable, but sometimes I lose interest to the point that I'm suicidal. The thought process isn't that living is hard or woe is me or anything like that whatsoever. It's more like, "Meh...this whole living thing is so overrated. Boring as fuck, I don't wanna play this shit."

It's like I don't experience the things that make being a human being cool or worthwhile.

kill yourself
I will smack your hand so hard pm
Have you tried harder drugs and alcohol?

I mean I've fucked around with alcohol/weed/acid/shrooms/molly/coke/ketamine/various painkillers and that's it I think.

Not sure if any of those are hard to you lol.

every day it seems like a new mental illness is invented. myself and i'm sure many others on this forum share this problem. i really doubt it is an actual illness. i think it's just a defense mechanism against depression. my mom has always told me since i was little, "you never get excited for anything."
Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

I mean I've fucked around with alcohol/weed/acid/shrooms/molly/coke/ketamine/various painkillers and that's it I think.

Yeah that was pretty much what I was referring to.  You're only missing heroin, meth, crack, oxys, and ecstasy. 

Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

TRY GETTING YOUR RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW, YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!!!!!!

You really should try therapy. It helps to get some outside perspective. Or don't, and just count down the days until you off yourself.
I bet a lot of people here have experience in the same kind of thing - not on such high level though, implying that you writing all this means you think about the matter frequently. Do something you've never done before, try to meet new people or new hobbies, new places etc. I often get the feeling I'll never experience anything new or exciting anymore so I can kind of relate to this. Also, I'm pretty sure drugs and alcohol change nothing here lol. Windex has a point, it doesn't hurt to try therapy, I guess.

Yeah that was pretty much what I was referring to.  You're only missing heroin, meth, crack, oxys, and ecstasy. 

Nah, got ecstasy and oxys in there lol

@sky: Never heard of em

>he hasn't done heroin, meth, and crack
Fake it.

>he hasn't done heroin, meth, and crack

Maybe he should try?

cause that'll make him feel something in sober time?
@Status: was meth any good?
I would talk to a doctor and stay sober. Otherwise research the shit out of it and go from there.
are you at least good with money
What triggered it? You must've had happy and sad times growing up. When did it stop?!

@PM: ya

What triggered it? You must've had happy and sad times growing up. When did it stop?!

Eh, not really tbh. It's pretty much as far back as I can remember. Maybe after like age 7 or something idk

you're set

harden into a solid or semisolid state.
"cook for a further thirty-five minutes until the filling has set"

(with reference to a person's face) assume or cause to assume a fixed or rigid expression.

"emotion refers etymologically to movement[. to a sense of] throwing off. out of the line of movement. It's movement that disintegrates, it's the reaction that one calls catastrophic." 

Or don't, and just count down the days until you off yourself.
The thing is; this doesn't sound like too bad of an option
then do it already