What's going on with your Car/Truck/Vehicle? V3

They probably are financed out the ass. Those cars are easily 60k.. it's nuts.

I'm struggling with all this debt I got from this house renovation. Shit sucks man but at least I know now to not put myself in that position again. But if everything goes well i should have it all paid off by next April. Then I can start paying my Jetta and truck off faster and have my truck paid off by Sept of 2018 which would be right before 4 years. Then depending how things go, planning on buying a cheap house and having my family member who is a contractor gut it and fix it up. It will look way better than any houses around here for way cheaper. Then get a base model stingray.. Z06 will have to wait

6-7 years ago got a little carried away with some credit card debt. Nasty little slope to slip on.

Can't wait to have it paid off but once I started the reno, I kind of needed/wanted it done asap. But until then I'll keep drooling over the z06
Speaking of buying a house instead of a vet later on down the road Al.. pay cash. Messing around on a mortgage calculator.. Holy fuck do you pay a lot after 15 years or longer just on interest. It's like 25 percent or more what you paid for the house. I'm definitely going to try and pay cash. With the money you save, you could buy the lowest model corvette
<3
For looks, C6>C7
Really? I did like the C6s but I like these a lot more.

And I got an email from Volkswagen today. If I read it right, I have two options with my Jetta tdi. 1) VW will buy back my car and give me 18-20k. Or 2) keep my car and take 5100-5900 cash. I owe 12k on it still so I'm just trying to weigh my options. It would be nice to price out a new TDI but they withdrew them cause of the emissions. I could have my loan paid off and have 5-6000 but my mom needs something to drive.. just don't know what to do. If she gets this possible raise in December she can get her own car since she's been driving my Jetta this whole time while I drive my truck. I'm trying to get out of debt so I can pay my truck off so I can buy a house and a corvette in the next 2 years

It's the back end. Front looks fine but I hate those tailights and the way too big deck lid.
nah
Time to learn how to change my own oil. How long do you guys think it should take to change oil and rotate tires at a shop? I waited there for 75 minutes before they were done. They said it usually takes 40 minutes for oil change, 20 minutes to rotate tires. Isn't that high to just rotate the tires? All you gotta do is unbolt them, take them off and flop them to the correct side and rebolt them. Dear god.
Do you really not know how to change your oil? It's easy as fuck, it would take 5min if you didn't have to wait forever to let it drain out completely. If the car is on a lift a tire rotation takes minutes with an impact wrench. 
No I don't but I'm sure it's easy as hell. I don't drive a ton and my truck is still under dealership warranty so oil changes are free. They just didn't know what they were doing and tried to make up excuses why VW is harder to do oil changes. But them saying it takes 20 minutes for a tire rotation is ridiculous
Looking to have a corvette spring/early summer of 2018. I should have my truck paid off by then and I can sell it and that alone would be almost half of a Z06. It all depends how much OT I work next year
Just bought a truck yesterday. Been without a vehicle since July when my Audi A4 was totaled. Should I post a pic?
Post away. Nothing else going on in this thread 
What'd you pay for it? Not a fan of the stripes and I hate those running boards. I paid a little over 600 for my factory and put them on myself. Also if you don't rack up a shit ton of miles on it, it will keep its value pretty well.

I'll pm you, don't really want to say what I paid in the thread. I looked at quite a few different body/paint styles and personally liked the rally package. I did actually like the special ops package more but having the words "special ops" plastered everywhere seemed stupid, plus it was another $5k. The running boards I'm fairly indifferent about.

I'm moving to an area of Wisconsin where the roads can get pretty bad, so I think I'm going to like having a truck, but it's a pretty big difference from my Audi. Don't think I'll be putting on more than 8-10k miles a year based on the last 5 years of driving habbits.

If I really wanted to baby it, I would've taken my Jetta on the longer trips when I had to work out of another city for work. Plus helping my sister move racked up an easy 1k miles. Could've had around 10k on it in two years, but what's the point of buying it if I never drive it.. but I just told the dealer I wanted it white, black leather, double cab and four wheel drive. Ended up finding one with cameras, nicer rims, etc and whatnot so I was happy

Wow my friend is cheap. So im going through the steps to have VW buy my Jetta back. Theyre giving me like 17, 600 or so. 12,200 for the car then a little over 5k cash so i have money to get another car. Awesome right? My loan paid off and free cash. So i asked my friend if i could rent his car if i couldnt find one beforr VW bought it back because i KNEW he wouldnt let me borrow it for free. not the kind of person he is. he agrees to 100 a month then i few hours later saying " well with all the wear and tear on my truck driving to see my GF an hour away, we could do like 140 a month. What? i would never charge my friends to borrow an extra vehicle i had that i didnt need if they were in a tough spot.

<p><p>

So im looking at a 5 speed kia spectra with 173k miles for around 2k. its super clean and i have a mechanic i could always take it to if something breaks on it

finally about to get my license back after like 5 years. got my 240sx S14 sitting waiting for a rebuild and my bucket to get around until thats done. Prob gonna pick up another 240 to drive until I work on my other one or maybe a RX7 or just something RWD I can melt tires with.
I'm gonna take my little ricer to the car wash and then I'll take some pics. I look like the funniest person in the world driving it.

Wow my friend is cheap. So im going through the steps to have VW buy my Jetta back. Theyre giving me like 17, 600 or so. 12,200 for the car then a little over 5k cash so i have money to get another car. Awesome right? My loan paid off and free cash. So i asked my friend if i could rent his car if i couldnt find one beforr VW bought it back because i KNEW he wouldnt let me borrow it for free. not the kind of person he is. he agrees to 100 a month then i few hours later saying " well with all the wear and tear on my truck driving to see my GF an hour away, we could do like 140 a month. What? i would never charge my friends to borrow an extra vehicle i had that i didnt need if they were in a tough spot.

<p><p>

So im looking at a 5 speed kia spectra with 173k miles for around 2k. its super clean and i have a mechanic i could always take it to if something breaks on it

why not just own one vehicle 

My mom needs something to drive. Traded in her car for my truck. if i do get a corvette, i will need something to drive in the winter since i plan on selling my truck to put a big down payment on it
Putting my truck on craigslist tomorrow. Looking at buying a house and would rather not have both payments. Plus i was planning on selling it next year anyway to get a corvette. Could i still get one if i buy the house? Guess ill have to wait and see
Sold my old GSX, kept the rockers and valve covers for some reason, will probably sell those aswell.

Still wondering what to fuck around with next. Thoughts ranging anywhere from 64 - 67 A-body with either a turbo-6 or supercharged powerplant to a 300ZX with a VR38DETT engine. So many ideas, so little time and even less money.
Sold the truck for 29000. Dropped the insurance and put it on the Kia i bought. Who knew insurance for a 2-3k car would save me $30 yearly vs a 30k+ truck. Makes sense.  Shopping around for new insurance
Do u still owe anything on the truck 
No i owed 26k before i sold it

@Admiral Twitchy ‍ I ended up putting a leveling kit on my truck and matched the front tint to the back. Looks good, thanks for the suggestion.

Jake what truck you got

edit: nvm  looks p nice

saw a 2017 f250 in town today. Looks so fucking good. 

Recently picked up a 1985 BMW 318i from Craigslist for $1600. Plan on turning it into a track car. Has a 1.8L 4-banger in there right now, but it's bulletproof. Going to give it the works over the next few years, including a turbo. My budget is $15-20k. First step is getting rid of the rust. Starting pics: https://imgur.com/a/OxumT

Right now it's completely stripped on the interior with a single seat. Once rust is taken care of I'll have to swap the rear trailing arms so I can get disk brakes on the rear (comes with drum brakes).

My daily driver is still the 99' 328i. 203k miles on it and still drives like new.

Ohhai.

I really dont understand why people buy fully optioned corvettes at dealerships. All they do is add a bunch of options that you dont need or want and people see the price and think thats what they always cost. If i can flip a couple houses by august ill highly consider getting a grand sport next year

a rapidly depreciating asset is not ideal at such an early stage in life

buy a vette when you're 65, not 25