What's going on with your Car/Truck/Vehicle? V3

New struts, shocks, springs, headlights and maybe something else coming early April. Wanna throw a mild cam in my GT, I have no engine work done. Only exhaust, gears and a bunch of bolt ons. Id like 500 to the wheels, only pushing 350. Suspension first though, I'm getting that pogo stick effect when going over bumps.

Desperately needed these. I have to drive around with my high beams on just to see normally. Was going to go with Halos, but I think they just look too gaudy for SN95s

http://tinypic.com/r/28i9e7r/8

Also i have a catted x pipe, I want to get an off-road pipe but VA does emissions test during inspection. Thinking about just buying an off-road pipe anyway, then when I have to get my inspection just bolt the old one on until afterwards.

Headlights should be here tomorrow and the bulbs the next day. Have no idea why one shipped UPS and one USPS. Then ordering shocks and struts Friday if my paycheck is decent. Can't wait to have a smooth ride again. Haven't bought any new mods for my GT in 4 years. 

So far on '97:

• SR 70mm throttle body
  • SR Upper Intake Plenum
  • SR CAI
  • BBK catted x-pipe
  • Flowmaster catback
  • Full PI swap from a 2004 GT + transmission
  • 3.74 gears

Future mods:

• Shocks + Struts
  • Lowering springs + camber plates
  • Off road x-pipe
  • Custom flash tuner to change on the go
  • 1995 Cobra R wheels
  • New paint

After that I guess it's probably TURBO TIME

AND we started the Camaro for the first time a few days ago. The built LS1 sounds so fucking good. Expect pictures soon! 

in 4 pics/vids

There's a vid on FB but I don't have one so I can't even see it lol. Lights look good, excuse the underside thing hanging halfway off. I fixed that afterwards. Getting new fog lights too, I don't even use them since the passenger side one is completely broken.

left new, right old. not even gonna bother blocking my plates

http://tinypic.com/r/123ps2u/8

Edit/ suspension ordered 

http://tinypic.com/r/33thrvp/8

Probably going to order lowering springs + caster camber plates next Friday. Then fresh Nittos 2 weeks after. Gonna throw 255s all around. I'd love 275s in the rear but I'd need a 9" rim for that while my stocks are 8". I usually have 245/45/17 but for a specific reason I have 235s.  So happy to have a smooth ride again with a stiff rear end. Even my front bounces up and down from the smallest bumps. 

Dunno why I'm into my car all of a sudden. Went years without any mods and now I'm dropping a grand into it. Maybe cause for years I've been fixing problems with it and now that it actually runs good I can play with it more. Heater core broke, bottom end exploded, transmission was fucked, air valve busted, plenty of flat and unaligned tires.  Only minor problems with it now is that my speedo doesn't always work and my mileage counter is stuck on 108k.  Last thing I'll do is paint it, maybe I could plasti dip it myself. A matte anthracite would look pretty good. I have a def soft spot for matte colored cars. If I did that I'd probably tint the tail lights and side markers just to add the stealthy look. If not matte I'd either make it ice white, the stock laser red it came with or grabber blue.

Camaro's wheels should be here Tuesday. Custom built 3 piece. 19x9 up front and 19x11 in the back sitting on 305s. I didn't shell out a penny for these things. 

Edit/ installed sylvannia silverstar 9007 in my headlights. 

Post more u faggots

:^)

http://tinypic.com/r/kc1do2/8

Really on the fence about ordering this $400 flash tuner. Free custom tunes for life and hold up to 10 tunes at once. Want to run a 91 octane tune, most results show +25rwhp and +30lb of torque. Can switch between a street which helps all around. performance which increases under 3k rpms, greatly increases acceleration. Or a race which helps top end HP. Also will adjust shift times for my lazy auto trans. Has display guages for everything and even will recalibrate my speedo if i change gear ratios. But its $400.

edit: hope it's worth it. Hope to see at least 370 to the wheels.

http://tinypic.com/r/2qapsue/8

street tune will run at 87, race and performance will run on 91. 

So my Supra's alternator gave out. In the process of taking it out.. Soon
My alternator was a huge pain to remove + reinstall, hopefully you have better luck.
lol @ bama tuner
eat my poop
buy a real tuner
why?

MK3(I remember you having one anyway but my memory sucks in the aspect) Alts are cake, might want to remove the throttle body but have a new gasket on hand if you go that route. Could also look into relocating it but that's preference. If you still have the FSM, read through the job a few times just to make sure you're set top to bottom.

Hope you guys have been alright, I've been busy with life and all that entails. - will probably post again once I get caught up on posts.

MK3(I remember you having one anyway but my memory sucks in the aspect) Alts are cake, might want to remove the throttle body but have a new gasket on hand if you go that route. Could also look into relocating it but that's preference. If you still have the FSM, read through the job a few times just to make sure you're set top to bottom.

Hope you guys have been alright, I've been busy with life and all that entails. - will probably post again once I get caught up on posts.

I actually got the head gasket problem over with. Ironically when you tol me about them, I went to the garage like 3 days later and we fix the issue. There was even oil all up on the spark plugs but everything is sorted out now... Except the alternator lol

Traded in my '03 Lexus GS 430 and picked up a '11 335i.

:3

get a Dinan flash on the ECU. Youll thank me,

get a Dinan flash on the ECU. Youll thank me,

just get a jb4 tune

but then he won't get that fresh sick Dinan badge

but then he won't get that fresh sick Dinan badge

i would prefer to not have the badge

post pics of the 335, bro

but for max power/low cost on the n54, the best route is: jb4 tune, ecu flash, e85 fuel pump, cone filters, catless down pipes

I'll look into it once I have some spare cash accumulated again. For right now, all stock. I'll take some pictures next weekend after I clean it.

I actually got the head gasket problem over with. Ironically when you tol me about them, I went to the garage like 3 days later and we fix the issue. There was even oil all up on the spark plugs but everything is sorted out now... Except the alternator lol

That's what I like to hear : ) - Ignore the part about the throttle body, only applies if you have an FFIM (front facing intake manifold). It's not too bad of a job, annoying part for me is always slipping the belt back on, plus I've always had issues with the PO's messing up the brackets/mounting points... my usual luck haha.

So Sky bought an SN95 huh? Guess you are my bottom bitch. Lol, kidding - Interesting though, hope you enjoy it

Maverick - You ever get that clear bra? I was curious about doing the same but wondered if that would affect the paint finish over time. Knew someone with an S2K hat had it done and he didn't have any problems with it. Another cat running around here with an FRS did the same I believe; "install" price a shite though, lol.

Due to life kicking my ass I've been working on wrapping stuff up and just selling it all off. Been wanting something else with M/T that I wouldn't have much temptation to wrench on just to satiate my daily habits. No luck, guess I get to keep being an adult and stack the cashflow - probably a good thing with how things always come out of left field for me.

I bought my SN95 like 6 years ago lol.

Well, hell then. I will definitely admit my memory as of late has totally sucked, so I'll just roll with it.

lame oh

Came home from work with more bad news so went across town and pulled the "RennWagen" out, got some gas and ripped a few skids; pics coming probably never.

Flash tuned it today, decided to run 93 instead of 91 since 91 is almost impossible to find in my area. Flashed it and it pulls way harder from a dig and 2nd. Shifts hard as hell and pushes me back in my seat. I fucking love torque. Dyno soon.

Flash tuned it today, decided to run 93 instead of 91 since 91 is almost impossible to find in my area. Flashed it and it pulls way harder from a dig and 2nd. Shifts hard as hell and pushes me back in my seat. I fucking love torque. Dyno soon.
@

290hp, 310 tq.

You need a blower..  Bitch

do everyone a favor and never call it a "skid" again

ever

faggot

There were many cars in my price range and many that were a better fit for driving so many miles weekly, but I just bought a 2015 Camaro. I bought the V6 version for the gas mileage and over a 538 mile trip, I averaged 31.12mpg so it was most assuredly the right choice for me. 

I got a great deal because my grandfather worked for GM for 30+ years, so they gave me the family/friends GM discount and I paid for a 20 year, 200,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, so I'm sure in the end that the car will pay for itself.

Here's a picture.

to each his own i guess, but there are so many other cars i would have gotten over a brand new v6 camaro 

My grandfather will do all the maintenance on the car and I won't ever have to pay for any parts other than windshield wipers/tires/etc. so the best choice for me was some sort of GM vehicle.

I don't want to drive a truck, I feel like I'm in a boat and none of the sedans look good to me. I would loved to have bought a Cadillac CTS but they were a little out of my price range and would have made my insurance go up much more than the camaro did.

It looks great, it rides great and is one of the best handling cars I've driven. I'm really happy with it, I would actually recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a family.

EDIT: Also anyone who's short. I couldn't imagine being over 6' tall and having to climb in and out of the car daily, but for me it's great. The backseat does exist but you won't have anyone over 5' 8" being comfortable. It has a spacious trunk and everyone who gets in it says, "Woah, there's so much more room in here than I thought there would be."

I've read a ridiculous amount of articles about the blind spots in the car but I think most people just don't know how to properly use their mirrors. The only time that I have an issue is if I'm in a parking spot and there are cars on both sides of me, when I'm backing out I can't see to the back-right because the headrest blocks the small rear window.

I also don't have a FOV issue out of the windshield. The seats are able to be moved up vertically so you can see perfectly fine. Keep in mind, I'm 5' 7" and 145lbs, so it's a great fit for me.

There were many cars in my price range and many that were a better fit for driving so many miles weekly, but I just bought a 2015 Camaro. I bought the V6 version for the gas mileage and over a 538 mile trip, I averaged 31.12mpg so it was most assuredly the right choice for me. 

I got a great deal because my grandfather worked for GM for 30+ years, so they gave me the family/friends GM discount and I paid for a 20 year, 200,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, so I'm sure in the end that the car will pay for itself.

Here's a picture.

How about you shut the fuck up?

Explain to me something. How is it THIS MONTH GM lowered their warranty to EVERYBODY from 100,000 to 60,000 in America.. Yet you get 200,000 20 year? There is NO SUCH THING as a 20 year, 200,000 mile warranty you dumb fuck.

Seriously, you think YOU are the ONE person in America that would get a 200,000 mile warranty while the rest of America gets a 60,000 mile warranty?

Why the fuck would an automaker fix a bumper in 2035 that someone bought in 2015? I think maybe you forget because it's a Halo forum... but people on here have/have had a shit ton of cars and know a shit load of information.

So think about that before you come back in this thread you lying fuck

>having someone else do the maintenance

do it yourself dude, learn how to build shit

Hey, I guess before trying to act hard, you weren't trying to use your brain and think about the fact that dealerships offer warranties as well, right? Yeah, it came from the dealership, not GM. Calm your titties angry boy.

And when I said my grandfather was going to do the maintenance, I didn't mean change the oil, etc. (general maintenance) I can do that. I meant if a part broke and I got it (from the warranty that little bitch boy thinks doesn't exist) then my grandfather would help me replace it.

EDIT: literally within 3 seconds of googling, the first result was a 20 year/200,000 mile warranty from Kia.
I'm well aware that Kia is not GM, but it immediately disproves your theory that they don't exist. 

I would do you the favor of going to grab the papers from my dash but I really don't care if you believe me or not. You seem to really hate life, Pistol.
Also, you seemed to miss the part where I said I purchased the warranty. Purchased means I paid extra for it, not sure if you're still using your brain or not.
Which means GM didn't give it to me. You following me yet?