The Halo Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic
Closed Thread
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
OhGee
JusT ReMiX's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: that party last night
Posts: 4,438
Subtract from JusT ReMiX's ReputationAdd to JusT ReMiX's Reputation JusT ReMiX is a novice
Send a message via AIM to JusT ReMiX
#61
09-01-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual SMGeeZ View Post
are you f.cking kidding me? i said we are talking about america not mexico, and i never said "If they were legal they could get a better job" i said they should report there employer.

also dont tell me what i do and do not know:
http://www.halo3forum.com/2792909-post23.html

get donged on.
that was in response to me but its all cool lmao!
I still type halo2forum.com





Gt = AoT ReMiX
Level 12
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Posts: 143
Subtract from MotoMercenary's ReputationAdd to MotoMercenary's Reputation MotoMercenary is a novice
Send a message via AIM to MotoMercenary
#62
09-01-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfJawArbiter9 View Post
Well I don't remember Black people hanging white people, and bombing and setting there houses on fire.

There is a BIG diffrence between being proud of your race/culture...and being racist.

Being proud would be like not wanting to be Black or Mexican, or wanting your GF to be white, Thats fine, noone is being hurt (physical or emotional)

Being racist would be like saying all the (Place Racist Term here) should leave America, and should be shot. Or saying they are monkeys, or whatever. Being park of the KKK and hanging people and sh.t like that.

A better idea would be like this, In Halo2 (and soon Halo3) some people don't want to be Elites (Not saying Blacks, Mexicans or Whites are equel to Elites, But this is an ANOLOGY) not being an Elite would be fine, but teamkilling any Elite you see and calling them names would be a problem.
I am sorry but I have a hard time following you jump from one subject to another. You talk about how it is bad and then being proud is one thing or another. I think everyone understands the terms of racism and being racist.

Something I think you should step back and take a look at; people may hate/dislike certain races for a couple different reasons. Like bloodypingu seems to think that people from the south who apparently like to marry their cousins are dipshits. So, right off the bat he is going to stereotype anyone who talks or looks like they are from the south. Now, imagine that you live in a neighborhood full of only Mexicans. And everyday you see on TV some white guy robbed a gun store and killed three innocent victims. How long would it take you to start correlating anyone white to causing violence? It's called stereotyping, you meet one person who acts like they are a gangster and guess what, the more they meet that act like that, the more prone they are to connecting anyone with that profile to be a gangster. I think that is more of the racism we start to see today more than the, he has black skin, I hate black skin. Let's kill him.
OhGee
JusT ReMiX's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: that party last night
Posts: 4,438
Subtract from JusT ReMiX's ReputationAdd to JusT ReMiX's Reputation JusT ReMiX is a novice
Send a message via AIM to JusT ReMiX
#63
09-01-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalendarCat View Post
Honestly, I think this is an argument that shouldn't even be brought up anymore. Just like religion, politics, it never gets anywhere. It's not going to change. People are always going to have some negativity towards people whether it be their race or a different one. No one is ever going to like anyone.
It's ridiculous that now because racism is made out to be such a broad thing that even people that aren't racist think they are because anything you say is considered to be racist.

People just need to chill out and let the world be.
There's always going to be fighting, war, hunger, currupt government, etc.
There's always going to be a reason to argue.

Until you can change the world, keep your mouth shut, by making things like these, it's just causing even more conflict.

Damn, people are dumb.
QFT and smartest thing i have seen in this thread so far....

/thread
I still type halo2forum.com





Gt = AoT ReMiX
Level 12
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Posts: 143
Subtract from MotoMercenary's ReputationAdd to MotoMercenary's Reputation MotoMercenary is a novice
Send a message via AIM to MotoMercenary
#64
09-01-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusT ReMiX View Post
QFT and smartest thing i have seen in this thread so far....

/thread
The only problem with this and Calendar Cat is the fact that by not debating it it keeps people ill informed. People develop views without ever getting a chance to understand why they have those views. IMHO if you don't like this thread don't come into it and read it. People are debating it and people are seeing different sides to this never ending battle.

But, if we do like you say, then we should never ever question another persons' beliefs since they are always going to be there and aren't going to stop. Think before you post.
OhGee
JusT ReMiX's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: that party last night
Posts: 4,438
Subtract from JusT ReMiX's ReputationAdd to JusT ReMiX's Reputation JusT ReMiX is a novice
Send a message via AIM to JusT ReMiX
#65
09-01-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMercenary View Post
The only problem with this and Calendar Cat is the fact that by not debating it it keeps people ill informed. People develop views without ever getting a chance to understand why they have those views. IMHO if you don't like this thread don't come into it and read it. People are debating it and people are seeing different sides to this never ending battle.

But, if we do like you say, then we should never ever question another persons' beliefs since they are always going to be there and aren't going to stop. Think before you post.
that is true as well but i was mainly agreeing with what he said about the fact that it will always be around unless you have the absolute power to change the world... so unless ur god u cant stop racism in the world basically...
I still type halo2forum.com





Gt = AoT ReMiX
Level 12
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Posts: 143
Subtract from MotoMercenary's ReputationAdd to MotoMercenary's Reputation MotoMercenary is a novice
Send a message via AIM to MotoMercenary
#66
09-01-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusT ReMiX View Post
that is true as well but i was mainly agreeing with what he said about the fact that it will always be around unless you have the absolute power to change the world... so unless ur god u cant stop racism in the world basically...
Ahhh. Sorry for the misinformed post I made then.
OhGee
JusT ReMiX's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: that party last night
Posts: 4,438
Subtract from JusT ReMiX's ReputationAdd to JusT ReMiX's Reputation JusT ReMiX is a novice
Send a message via AIM to JusT ReMiX
#67
09-01-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMercenary View Post
Ahhh. Sorry for the misinformed post I made then.
no need to be sorry i agreed with your post as well.

edit: im going to pick up my bro so ill be gone for about 20 mins... i would like to keep debating if anyone else would so hopefully it doesn't die by then
I still type halo2forum.com





Gt = AoT ReMiX
One Classy Son of a Bitch
Tiger Soldier's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eh?
Posts: 2,907
Subtract from Tiger Soldier's ReputationAdd to Tiger Soldier's Reputation Tiger Soldier is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via AIM to Tiger Soldier Send a message via MSN to Tiger Soldier
#68
09-01-2007
Default

People Are People

taken by empty
dawnie!'s Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 5,677
Subtract from dawnie!'s ReputationAdd to dawnie!'s Reputation dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000
#69
09-01-2007
Default

I agree that things should be debated to inform people...But honestly, who in North America especially, isn't informed about racism? There's shows even on kids channels as low as age 3 or 4 teaching kids that racism isn't nice. All through out school there are books to be read about stories of racism.

Right now it's a broken record.

Debating is for when an issue has a chance of being resolved.
This will never be resolved.

Also, Remix, I am a female.
Level 12
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Posts: 143
Subtract from MotoMercenary's ReputationAdd to MotoMercenary's Reputation MotoMercenary is a novice
Send a message via AIM to MotoMercenary
#70
09-01-2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalendarCat View Post
I agree that things should be debated to inform people...But honestly, who in North America especially, isn't informed about racism? There's shows even on kids channels as low as age 3 or 4 teaching kids that racism isn't nice. All through out school there are books to be read about stories of racism.

Right now it's a broken record.

Debating is for when an issue has a chance of being resolved.
This will never be resolved.

Also, Remix, I am a female.
I am going to pretend that you live in an extremely diversified area of the US then. There are a lot of people who still don't understand the facts. You obviously haven't been to the South. There are clearly streets where black people aren't welcome and places where white people aren't welcome. If everyone was so well informed then I don't think there would still be schools in Mississippi who have two proms just so blacks and whites aren't together.

Even a better example, I grew up in an all white school. After third grade when I moved to CA I called black kids the N word because I had no reference as to what it actually meant. It took me until probably 7th grade to finally understand what it meant and why it was innappropriate.

http://www.answers.com/topic/debate I don't see anywhere that it states there has to be a resolution...
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On